My Bug Bag :)

Best answers
Im not sure if it allways crashes the entire server or only the player controlling the final flash,

but if you cast a Final Flash and intercept a generic ball with it, the server (or client) crashes the moment you release the final flash and have the generic ball logged in.

---

When hitting space several times to get the character under control again after being hit by a powerhit and your char hits the ground while hammering on space (i think there is the connection) it can happen that you are stuck in one of the character animations (like legs in the position you have when you jump) and cant fly with -shift- anymore until you get killed.

If you can ascend that sometimes breaks it (switching forms up and down) so you can fly (fast) again.

Normal flying still works but one is prey.

---

There seem to be more events or event combinations that crash the server but I couldnt observe more than the 'final flash + generic ball' thingy so far.

---

And I nearly forgot: Swoop sometimes doesnt work after you got hit and regained character control. One than has to push shift and a direction seperatly and than it works again. This is one of the most annoying bugs (IMO) as I experienced it several time that I could have gotten away but got hit another 3 times because the damn swoop didnt work rightaway. (I THINK it has something to do with how shift is implemented for the swoop now, as hitting "w" 2 times works in situations where shift doesnt want to work rightaway)

I hope you get what I mean with this last one, as this really annoys me n the people i play ESF with the most. You know you would have gotten away but damn shift refuses to work and you die :(

Best answers
the "character gets stuck in weird pose" definatly has something to do with the "jump of of walls" ability the models have. The model tries to jump of a wall over which one slides while being smashed around and when you regain control you cant swoop anymore and the model is in the pose in which it would jump of the wall. Getting hit by a melee attack SOMETIMES breaks the effect, but often you cant swoop anymore until you are dead.

So i guess there has to be a change in the code regarding the "powerhit" effect on players (so that they cant interact with walls while being knocked back anymore)

Best answers
Not really a bug but something that has to be taken care of:

I think the power cost on the secondary attack mode of genozide (Buu) has been forgotten. At the moment you can spam that attack nonstop while swooping around in short bursts and, well, genocide the whole freefight server.

I guess the only reason why gameplay on the freefight servers isnt §$%& up allready is because most ppl dont know about that attack / the secondary mode. Its EEEEVIL :devsmile:

[ we just tried with 2 Buu's on a freefight server, its just 'frag' 'frag' 'frag' 'frag' 'frag' 'frag' 'frag' as soon as you are above lvl 2]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The secondary Buu attack is nothing more than a tester. To easily test the attacks settings without the need of waiting 20 seconds to charge it normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom