Music Skips Like a Broken Record

Best answers
The music plays perfectly, except that around every 30 seconds, it skips like a broken record. I can't listen to the music because of this. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem. I tried using an external program, but that created a whole world of new problems. I need to get it to work in-game!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this only the ESF music, or any music you play on your computer?
If the case is the former, I'd reinstall ESF. If it's the latter, I'd assume something is up with your speakers and/or sound card.

Best answers
I've done some furthor research. The problem occures in Sven Co-op as well when I attempt to play anything from the playlist in it. I tried ESF on WON and the problem does not occur there.

So the problem must be with steam in general. If this is the case, what can I do?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried turning EAX off?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A reinstall isn't the answer to everything - he can play the sounds, therefore they are installed correctly.

Best answers
but he said he played ESF on WON and it was perfectly fine, so maybe steam got a currupt file some where long the line and just needs to be reinstalled :warning:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I had this problem, it has to do with your sound settings n junk. I messed around and got ti fixed, so just try screwing around with your sound settings and updating your sound card drivers.

Best answers
I updated my sound card drivers and this drastically improved the situation, even if it did not go away completely. Thank you all for your help.

Best answers
May be a stupid question...but how do i update my sound card drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom