Multiple powerstruggling

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what exactly does this do?? does it make say... two people in the same power struggle or just more than one ps in a game?? any info would be great!

Best answers
as in, one dude one side, and 3 the other, or 3 v 3 or 2v2 in a big beam struggle etc (all focused into one beam)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Super_Vegeta.LE
as in, one dude one side, and 3 the other, or 3 v 3 or 2v2 in a big beam struggle etc (all focused into one beam)

WOAH i cant wait!

Best answers
i was wondering if we could get a screen shot of this, im intrested in how it looks... can ne one from the team show us?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like a little more info on this myself. Basically you should be able to help your friend in a power struggle like you apparently could in Alpha 2.0. If two people are having a power struggle, you can fire your own beam into it and help push it towards whomever you wish. You should also be able to fire a projectile like the spirit bomb and launch a kamehameha into it to push it back towards your opponent when he fires it back at you.

Here are a few of the things I'd like to know:

A.) Has this altered block struggling in any way? Can you fire mutliple beams into one unlucky soul who is trying to block the first one?

B.) What determines when the blast explodes or where it goes? If somebody fires a final flash or a death ball at a 90 degree angle to the power struggle, would it push the struggle down into the ground, or would it stay in a line between the first two people who started the struggle?

C.) Are beams still going to go off in the direction that they were fired, as opposed to following your opponent's trail back to him?

D.) If I fired 5 big bangs into an oncomming kamehameha and eventually knocked it back into him, would all of my big bangs have meshed together with the blast to make one huge bang? Or would there be 5 seperate big bangs going off at the same time?

E.) Has anything been done to save the winner of a given power struggle from blowing himself up?

F.) If two projectiles connect together and start floating through the air (which shouldn't happen, but does), can I block them as though they were one projectile? Will they mesh together to form one projectile?

Best answers
some very intresting and complex questions u have there, but good ones.^^^

Best answers
Well gee sonic, you always seem to be the guy with the inside connections...those questions are really good but i dont think anyone besides the team knows and they dont seem to like telling things in advance...which while it sucks it keeps me coming back to the forums every day :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my connections only extend so far. The only thing I can see stopping Beta 1.1 in its tracks right now would be new model animations. Once those are in place the green light should go on (after testing assumably) and we'll get to see for ourselves. I'm not mind reader though, and I'd like to hear a beta tester answer a few of those questions. It'll take a while to figure them out even after 1.1 is released, since people don't get into even struggles very often. Just wondering...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be happy even to have it the way it was in 2.0, I always found it funny to see one Final Flash defeat 4 Spirit Bombs, me being on the receiving end :)

Any improvement on that would be amazing =]

Best answers
I also have a question.

You have 2 pairs of 2 playes firing beams at each other. I decided a make a picture right in the middle of this post so here it goes.

Where the hell does the beam go? If red wins where does it go? If blue wins where does it go? If one red guy beats all where does it go? If one blue guy beats all where does it go?

If you can answer that I will have no more questions about 1.1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...Sonic, that was a nice post. You asked all my questions...so I guess I'm gonna provide my shot at an answer.

In the Alpha, personally, I think the beam struggling was realized a little bit more effectively, if for no other reason than it looked great and by it's nature multiple powerstruggle participants were possible.

In the Alpha, I used to use a technique if I had high enough PL; I would fire a blast of HIGH power and aim it to the left of an incoming weaker beam. At the last second, as the heads cross each other, I would swing the mouse left, sending my beam into the other one. If I was strong enough--and usually I was--this resulted in my beam mashing the other one and pushing it in the direction my beam was heading.

So basically, I could use my super jacked blast to send the other dude's flying up diagonally away.

Then I'd detonate, and the beam's forward velocity pretty much insured that the blast would be somewhere near the enemy when I detonated the struggle. >:0) Added power for my blast, basically.

That being said; I think the initial beam velocity and strength should have a big effect on things. Like...in the example of the the four beams hitting the same area at the same time (or being pumped into an already-going struggle from 90 degree angles). Say the initial two parallel beams at east and west were generics. And the southernmost one was a half charged kame. But the northen blast is a fully-charged final flash. I think that they will have that be the determining factor as far as direction goes; it was like this in Alpha and I don't know why it got changed in the first place but either way.

Nothing was cooler then joining a struggle that my friend was losing, and sending the blast way off to the middle of nowhere to detonate harmlessly...or better yet, when I would use my jacked up final flashes to send the intense power struggle off in the general direction of other enemy players. :0)

I hope it's like that again. That was most of the fun I had with the alpha, with the absence of features, transformations, melee, and game modes.

And besides...how fun will it be if they have a system like that! Your intense power can manipulate other beams' directions!! THat makes for some great strategy (it takes time to blockstruggle a spirit bomb back...but to send it back with a bent final flash, and to add the extra power into the blast...hehehe! FUNN!!)

Man. I can't frigging wait. ESF rules!!

V'

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
I also have a question.

You have 2 pairs of 2 playes firing beams at each other. I decided a make a picture right in the middle of this post so here it goes.

Where the hell does the beam go? If red wins where does it go? If blue wins where does it go? If one red guy beats all where does it go? If one blue guy beats all where does it go?

If you can answer that I will have no more questions about 1.1.
That's something I want to know too. Im guessing that who ever started first would be the direction it would go if he was winning.Otherwise, the strongest one would win.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what if somebody sent a death ball at it from inbetween but above each of those 4 players, at a 90 degree angle to the struggle? What if somebody got in the middle and fired an attack? Would it just detonate on him? How would multiple little ki blasts work in a struggle against something like a generic beam? Vegeta's renzoku vs. a generic beam, let's say. Does Vegeta have a chance?

Best answers
Hey all. I may be new to the forums, but not new to ESF. ESF is great and godly. jus sucks that it's not near #1 on the poll in fileplanet. :cry: on further note, i say there should be an option for custom avatars. DBZ is great and all, but i like having both avatar and sig wit a dragon. Brolly and a dragon dun mix to well.

Anyway, Sonic, jus figured i'd try to answer your questions as much as i can. (actually, only question i really have a clue to is E)

There will probably never be the possibility of saving yourself from an explosion. that would take away the fun of Map Killers. Greatest boom in the game. Makes Big Bang attack seem like a lil bitty fire cracker.:p Gotsta love those Map killers, specially when the lighting effect for the explosion goes off the outside of the map and takes a while to go back to the center of explosion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can do muliply Ps that means a whole team could vs an another team in a giant ps!

Very cool.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, but who gets the kills when it detonates? Would they be split? Somehow I doubt it.

Best answers
go install the alhpa, play 2 friends get them to fire two beams at u and u fire a powerfully beam at them, take ascreen shot, imagen it with teh beta s graphics and the second beam putting power into the sturgle and boom thats wat it is most likey like

oh yer Back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom