Mount Rumble!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this idea of a unique gameplay idea. It would be like 'King of the Hill' or 'Man with the Flag' of Tony Hawks and Quake3/Halo but with a Dragonball twist. The players spawn away from the crown, and the first one to touch it gets a crown above their head (like the diamonds atm). The crown drops your speed a little, and at random points lightning shoots down from the sky to hit you (alá Dragonball). The lightning would only do about 10 damage per hit but would knock you down.

If the lightning idea isn't possible to program then maybe the crown-bearer just takes double-damage or something.

Every five seconds you wear the crown, you get a point. First to a preset number wins. A team version of this with shared points could also be done.

Ascending and attacking is still the same, just with slightly reduced speed for the crown bearer. This is so they can't just own the server the entire time, they have a slight handicap.

C&C?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rename it to z-sword mode
And give the sword handler a reduced speed with a attack bonus.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Z sword mode sounds good, you get reduced speed however I think increased melee attack is better. At least make some sort of advantage for having the crown/sword.

Although you have increased attack, you move considerably slower so actually engaging with your opponents is rather difficult, although offers greater rewards.

I don't like the damage taking thing, with reduced speed you are already an easy target, but randomly losing health makes life exceedingly difficult.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, reminds me of the TFC murderball maps.

I like the Z Sword idea. Plus, it makes sense that the character would be a little slower, since the Z Sword was really heavy.

Best answers
yeah I like the idea man z sword or crown or whatever same concept, I think taking damage over time also isnt very good, but taking double damage from hits is ok and moving slower is also ok, maybe taking away the ability to beam jump and teleport or is it too extreme :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't take damage over time, the lightning can be dodged, like you hear a crash of thunder then you have two seconds to move before the lightning comes down, like the episode, or Final Fantasy X's lightning dodging game.

Maybe there could be two versions, the crown is like 'man with the flag' from Q3 and the z-sword is like 'fox and hounds' from UT.

Best answers
Well, the player who has the sword/crown/dball/money/ultimatepower/esf1.1copy will simply beam-jump spam to gain time, and use adv. melee on occasions in order to fight slooooowly and gain more points.......sounds like a good idea, but players will turn it into the blind chasing the lame :D.

Best answers
Yes, I think that is a problem. They will just teleport, beam jump here and there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply disable beamjumps for the crown/swordbearer. Beamjumping is already faster than swooping.

Best answers
If this idea really works. I think we should think of a better item instead of a sword or crown. A crown would look stupid for any of the characters. That Z-Sword is only for Gohan's mystic training and isn't meant for anyone to pluck it out of that mountain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, if you'd seen the episode the idea came from ('Quicker than Lightning') then it makes sense. The crown wouldn't be part of the model, just a symbol above the head. The crown is weighted and attacts lightning, the idea is to wear the crown and dodge the lightning to improve reflexes (in the show at least).

What preferred item did you have in mind?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you get into disable this and disable that, the idea becomes crap. Considering the holder of the sword/crown will become slower, it seems obvious that tele movement would be reduced. You could possibly even add higher ki drain, therefore the amount of tele's possible is reduced, in order to have the mystical item, you're gonna need more than just evasion skills.

Ravendust said:
you hear a crash of thunder then you have two seconds to move before the lightning comes down
Lightning comes before thunder :p (Take that! Mr. English degree-man)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
Lightning comes before thunder :p (Take that! Mr. English degree-man)
First of all, damn you :p Secondly, in FFX you hear the thunder first then the lightning, and that's how I visualise it in ESF.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm did it ever occur to you guys that he has the reduced speed. He cant teleport/beamjump that much. Besides you guys are lazy if you dont want to chase. I chase with untransed krillin all the time. I find them and beat them while I am at it too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Umm did it ever occur to you guys that he has the reduced speed. He cant teleport/beamjump that much. Besides you guys are lazy if you dont want to chase. I chase with untransed krillin all the time. I find them and beat them while I am at it too.
Rocky87 said:
Considering the holder of the sword/crown will become slower, it seems obvious that tele movement would be reduced.
It occured to me :rolleyes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a fun gamemode, although, i do think that having a Z sword would be a bit inconvienient, if each character could have the Z sword, they'd have to make submodels for every player me thinks >_> i could be wrong though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if each character could have the Z sword, they'd have to make submodels for every player me thinks >_> i could be wrong though.
The player models wouldn't be holding a sword, it would be a sword icon above the models head which is seperate from the model itself, like the red and green diamonds are now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I am pretty shure everyone would be hoding the sword. And the way it works is I believe they just tie the model to the bone in the hands. So the only new model would be needed is a sword. (that looks diffrent from trunks's)

Best answers
Why give a disadvantage to the holder instead of an advantage? Who would want to hold that crown. Besides, you only get score every few seconds and if you were to charge up a beam like FF or any beam you can't move, if a lightning strikes, your dead.

I think it would be better if the holder of the item will get KI/PL every second. This way, more people will be power hungry for that item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom