Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remeber that it was mention in the desing docs

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hp will be bigger. But so will the damage.
That makes it the same aint it? just like in 1.2

If you measure it with 1.2 I think it should be 160-170 hp normal form with the same damage.

If you put alot of hp but alot of damage, well that doesn't change the balance.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I highly doubt the damage will increase that much. Besides, more HP = longer battles.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Longer battles is better and more real, and the potential of getting more Powerlevel because you dont need to find someone else, and the importance of the back-attackers make less effect.

Anyhow the balance stays the same if the hp and damage gets bigger, unless if it wont increase alot but really not alot.

Is the team can mention whats the balance gonna be?

Best answers
Actually, we're going for more detailed damage. So, both health and damage would be roughly 10x higher. This gives us the oppurtunity to differentiate beam damages more. Also, it gives weaker players a change to hit stronger players where damage would have been reduced to 0 in the current version.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Then again, if both hp and damage rise in the same multiplier isn't it keeps the same thing?
I also didn't understand this: "Also, it gives weaker players a change to hit stronger players where damage would have been reduced to 0 in the current version."

Explain please :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone is way to strong and gets hit my a weaker player the damage is rediced down to 0 (well it was like that in 1.1)

In 1.2 however you do atlest 1 point of damage.

This damage multiplyer allso allows us something else ^^

We can balance speed with damage. Lets say we take a slower character and give him a higher damage multiplyer than a faster character. Then you actually get a choice. Speed or power.

But in the end the main point was to be more acurate with HP calculations. If you have 100 HP you are limited to normall 1% damage. But if you have 1000 HP you are limited to a tenth of 1% damage ration. The calculations can be more precise and transforming shouldnt take your HP away like it does now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ok but if someone is way to strong and the strong player wont get any damage, wont it hurt the game play? Like if someone got a high pl and someone else just joined the game and his weak? ain't it a bit occurred, maybe 2hp damage will be better.

So how can he possibly threaten him with no damage?

what is for sure is that you should be able to make how many basic melee hits you possibly can by your abilities and if a player is stronger than other then the weaker character's attack should knockback him a little bit, depends on the difference of powers between them.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok but if someone is way to strong and the strong player wont get any damage, wont it hurt the game play? Like if someone got a high pl and someone else just joined the game and his weak? ain't it a bit occurred, maybe 2hp damage will be better.

So how can he possibly threaten him with no damage?

what is for sure is that you should be able to make how many basic melee hits you possibly can by your abilities and if a player is stronger than other then the weaker character's attack should knockback him a little bit, depends on the difference of powers between them.
You missunderstood that. It wont be like that. Itll be like now. That you allways do a minimal damage amount. And since 1.3s ranking will no longer be based on kills, but instead on how much PL you gained since you joined. Itll be the people with less PL thatll have the advantage of gaining PL faster.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MAN i CAN´T WHAIT FOR IT :devsmile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not make 1000hp equal to 100hp and have it be 100hp?

"But these go up to 1000." lol Spinal Tap

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me try to expline a bit
with the new hp system when you fight some one STRONGER then YOU , YOU , CAN , DO HIM some DAMAGE , in the curent VERSION 1.2.3 THE DAMAGE was 0 % but with the hp of 1000 you can accualy do 10 dmg , since the game could not give you 0.01% hp dmg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me try to expline a bit
with the new hp system when you fight some one STRONGER then YOU , YOU , CAN , DO HIM some DAMAGE , in the curent VERSION 1.2.3 THE DAMAGE was 0 % but with the hp of 1000 you can accualy do 10 dmg , since the game could not give you 0.01% hp dmg

John that was in 1.1

In 1.2 i have never seen that happen. There was allways atleast 1HP damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom