More Client.dll

Best answers
Everytime I try to do anything it gives me the client.dll crap. It says it can't load the library client.dll. I've re downloaded it from a different place one time and it still doesnt work. I'm not too sure on the download location but I can say that it was version 1.2.3. Maybe someone could just send me the client.dll or something. Anyways thanks for any help.

By the way, I looked at the how to install thread and I was very confused. The installer told me to install to C:\Program Files\Half-Life. I was confused because I don't even use my C Drive for games. I use the D Drive for all games I play to save room on the small 20 gig C drive. I decided to change it to D:\SIERRA\Half-Life\ and it didn't work. Then I read the thread on how to install and it mentioned where it goes in steam. I tried to make the directory and it didn't work. I wouldn't even let me install in there. Any ideas?

:talk: :devil: :devsmile: :devgrin: ;( :fight:

Best answers
Can I just buy a new copy of Half Life? Everytime I use my CD Key that I received with my game when it first came out it says it is invalid. To clarify, my friend gave me a copy of the game because he didn't really like it. It is a completely legitimate CD Key. He also gave me a copy of Freedom Force, that game seems to work fine. Would it be possible that when he used it to play it when he first got it that it made it where I cannot use it? If I use steam's store and purchase it on there will it let me download it, and if so will that one work with esf or do I have to go buy a new copy at the store?

Thanks for help

:talk: ;( :devil: :devsmile: :devgrin: :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you purchase another copy of Half-Life 1 through Steam than yes, it should work.

Best answers
One more thing I should ask, if I put Steam and Half-Life on my D drive will it still work? I only have 8 gigs on my C drive vs. 200 on my D drive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it should still work. Also, please try not to double post. If you need to add something and no one else has posted, you can use the edit button on the bottom right area of your posts.

Best answers
I'm finally able to get the game after all this time waiting. Before I do it though, I just wanted to make sure that there is no way to play offline without steam. I'm probably going to do this anyway but i'll wait if it is possible to do without steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is needed to play, however, Steam does have an offline mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom