More Bugs n Stuff (Screens Included)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These Are All About The Scouter Except For One

[1] This one is about what is AROUND the scouter. Look closely (Can Also Be Seen In The Scouters Below).

[2] This is a problem with the DBs. The scouter shows a DB where I am standing yet there is none, not to mention I'm not even in CTDB mode. Although I was on the previous map (Changed the modes in game.cfg)

[3] This is a wierd one, can't explain cept that no matter where I looked I saw that in my scouter & the img of the class never showed up.

[4] Ooh my favorite. Getting meleed and then rolling around freely, surfin' on a DD.

Best answers
what's wrong with the 1st one???

the second one the scouter says it's few steps ahead .. (notice that the maps are huge and the scouter is small!!)

the third one happened to me when i recorded a demo .. but right then ... it actually didn't happen to me .. it happened to the demo!! that's how the scouter displays in my demos!!!

the last one .. is that a bug? or just showing the nice stuff :fight:

Best answers
The scouter is a sprite. I'd rather not get into the details of sprites but thats the reason it has that opaque box around it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I know about sprites, but the CS radar doesn't have an opaque box around it.

the second one the scouter says it's few steps ahead .. (notice that the maps are huge and the scouter is small!!)
That's not the point. I wasn't in CTDB mode & yet there is one showing on the scouter, plues I checked everywhere around there just to be sure.

the last one .. is that a bug? or just showing the nice stuff
Both ^_^

Best answers
what i learned is once the CTDB is on its on for good even when change map.

the dragon balls work best on the level esf_cell_day

the dragon balls are screwed up in all other levels

dragon balls dont show up at all in the city

and even in the consel you cant turn it off (yup tryed it already its mp_gamemode 1 and 0) 2 is to turn CTDB on

once its on its on.

and if what you mean buy surfin on that pink cuting disk then thats a very rare bug that they probably wouldent worry about (same thing as finding a needle in the hay stack chances of that happening again are 1/10,000)

i mean gota shot the distructo disc at the same time melee somone IN the same direction with supreme accuracy and have the guy land on it wow either an accident or suck great aim and timeing.

nothing to worry about
must of been some good luck there

(think of it as playing a racing game and saying oops i accidently flew really high above the map and touched the sky and the game crashed better take it back cause the games not supposed to crash when that happenes well riding the DD is not supposed to happen)

although i could be mistaken and that could be a new feature in beta 1

i hardly dought that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no no. You can change game modes, all u gotta do is exit out so u see the server list, press the windows key, click RUN, type the directory for Half-Life (Ex. C:\Half-Life\), Go to the ESF folder, open game.cfg & change the gamemode # there.

And about the surfing, I guess I shoulda mentioned this earlier but it's my disk I am "riding" on. You don't need a disk for it to happen either, I was Frieza Form #2 once and I got meleed and I could go anywhere on the ground i wanted cept I rolled there liek I have been getting meleed.

Best answers
CTDB is experimental so of course its gonna have bugs... just ignore the orange dots, its not that big of a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom