Moon Base.

Should man go back to the moon.

• Yes, It would be cool to go back.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the money should be spent on better stuff.

• I'm not sure.

• Total voters
Best answers
Dude, Bush said that he is going to try and fund NASA to put a base on the moon. It will cost probably half a trillian dollars, but it will be the stepping stone to get to Mars.

Read about it here : www.space.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the national debt is already more than they can handle, the moon base idea is pissing republicans across the world off....AND HE IS A REPUBLICAN! what a loser....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you think the USA was going to be the only counrty to fund this massive project you are a fool. The WORLD woul proly pitch in with what they can so they can get acess to the perks and doors that open.

Best answers
Yea, and its not like they are going to do this next year. It will prolly be in a decade at most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NASA is busy with Mars those *******s are just gonna make the national debt higher and put America in another problem and piss off the republicans cause they will have to raise taxes....the *******s

Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
NASA is busy with Mars those *******s are just gonna make the national debt higher and put America in another problem and piss off the republicans cause they will have to raise taxes....the *******s
hurry for optimism. NASA can do more than 1 thing at once, they just hire more people, and like I said, it probably is going to be affordable, since they are going to do this over a long period of time.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wonder how long its gonna take for him to start bombing the moon now,

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think they should put the moon aside, focus on the spacestation and mars. maybe by the time were all in our 40s and 50s some dumb earthling will be on mars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
i wonder how long its gonna take for him to start bombing the moon now,

Guess you wont be surprised when they nuke mars, thy said if they nuke mars that over the nuklear winter stuff with happen (forgot the details) like water and air and all that good stuff but that will not happen in our lifetime.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about we stick to the topic of the Moon Base and not bombing Mars and the Moon. :)

Best answers
I just think a moonbase would be pretty cool, I want there to be one.

Building a base there is sorta inevitable in a way, but it wont happen until like the next decade..

Best answers
Yea that would be awsome then we could have fights in space ! Star wars! ta daaa! o_o

Best answers
Bi0 Brolli said:
Yea that would be awsome then we could have fights in space ! Star wars! ta daaa! o_o

Hell YA! woo woo! I think it would be awsome to have a base on the moon. I think it would be awsome to see the earth as the "moon" Btw we make more than half a trillion dollars a year so what the hell are you guys talking about we are in debt... :rolleyes: Plus i think it would be awsome to be floating around on the moon. ya know less gravity etc. :D :yes:

Also what better stuff could we spend it on? o_O

KyoKusanagi

K
So Bush wants to set up an Outpost on the moon and use it as a launching pad for future trips to Mars. Do you know what that means people?....It means he's been drinking again.

Total cost would be $1 billion over the next 5 years in addition to the $86 billion or so already in Nasa's coffers most of which will be going to developing a replacement for the space shuttle which is currently 20 or so years old. Someone really needs to smack Bush upside the head and say "You IDIOT! Sort out our problems here before creating new ones elsewhere!"

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes an improved method of space travel would work wonders. but as history has repeated, words are far less than actual action. This is more than likely an act to get re-elected. Which has become the "American Dream" besides being filthy rich. Comfort zones and piles of the legal tender get votes ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only way i could possibly be happy is if i got to go up to the moon too....its not fun watching other people be on the moon

now, if they sent sum1 to mars...then i dont care who it is up there that would be pwnage

but, by the time im 20 i wont care enough to even pay attention to it anyway

Best answers
The project was said to start around 2015, by then, the world would probably have had a few wars. I think things will be calmed down by then, and it would be more like the 90s. Even if it dosn't start till 15, then it'll take years to finish, not only would you have to be a space astranaught to do the mission but you'd have to have assembly skills as well.
I don't think its a bad idea at all at 2015, for all we know we could be making money by then instead of losing it.
Space IS the final frontier, it is the last thing for us to explore, everything on Earth had been seen. Humans long for new destinations and the big question- Is anyone out there? Which I believe that there is, but you never know.

Retired
Best answers
yeah space station on the moon, gives a lot of oppertunities to go to mars. I think it's a good idea, also looking at the fact that a lot of countries will contribute imo.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell is wrong with you kids? Bombing the moon :rolleyes: . . .

NASA needs a goal. Without a goal, it will be shutdown, or weakened to the point where it's no longer a viable space flight organization. The human race has many bad qualities, and exploration IS NOT one of those bad qualities. I think a renewed vigor in the space program would generate money that NASA desperately needs, moreover, it will get attention from the people that it will so desperately need.

This is a good thing, a positive aspect of an often poor US government. I for one am happy for this change, even if it is designed to placate people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom