Monster!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One half-life sever i reemeber had a giant monster in certain areas that could kill you. Why not have a map that has liek those dinosaurs from the show? or a giant fish in the water. They would be killable/respanable, so when u kill them, you can eat them to regain health.

Or like sudden snow storms, making wind, pushing players, or a lot of heat so when a charatcer touches the floor, he loses hp in a new rosat.

Another half-life server had a giant explosion if you didn't get to the safe house house. So why not have an NPC from dbz just float in the air and after a cetain amount of time, starts charging a HUGE energy ball and the players must get to a shelter (or powerstruggle it??) to save their skin.

Best answers
crossfire rocks man!

but i dont know crossfire worked fin on ESF but the weather thingy no way laggy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2nd one remeind me of that map in hl where you go in a nuke shelter and press a button and it alerts the whole map to go there before the doors shut, hoevers outside dies, and those inside duke it out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know! That's where I got the idea from, it was fun having to rush into the building before the explosion came.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
One half-life sever i reemeber had a giant monster in certain areas that could kill you. Why not have a map that has liek those dinosaurs from the show? or a giant fish in the water. They would be killable/respanable, so when u kill them, you can eat them to regain health.
Cause the dinosaurs in the show didn't pose a threat anyway. There would be no point, other than to add detail, and if you want to add superfluous details, that's more for an HL2 MOD, because HL2 has the code for generic objects already.

Chakra-X said:
Or like sudden snow storms, making wind, pushing players, or a lot of heat so when a charatcer touches the floor, he loses hp in a new rosat.
Cause neither condition would really do anything to a DBZ character?

Chakra-X said:
Another half-life server had a giant explosion if you didn't get to the safe house house. So why not have an NPC from dbz just float in the air and after a cetain amount of time, starts charging a HUGE energy ball and the players must get to a shelter (or powerstruggle it??) to save their skin.
Crossfire's atomic bomb drop is deffinitely a cool effect, and a lot of people play ESF servers in crossfire because of it. Does it suit ESF? Kind of. In DBZ, all blasts became the equivalent to A-bombs, so, an A-Bomb is essentially a POWERFUL explosion. However, the map itself is kinda buggy with ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We;; yeah not in the show, but like in budokai 3 if u get knocked outside a ring in a stage, the dinosaur whips u back with his tail. And heat does affect dbz characters cuz goku burned his ass inside buu and plus there are servers that have fire or lava that takes down hp

I really just wanna see my final suggestion, sing a big energy ball be charge by oh lets say, King Cold or Cooler, and hten having all the players try to out trun it/fight it back.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dinosaurs and or fish aren't supposed to 'pose a threat' merely for eye-candy and a bit of fun. Just because a dinosaur can't hurt a z-fighter doesn't mean it can't be added or the world will end.

The snow storm thing I dunno if its possible on hl1.

I also like the crossfire idea but it was easy with the bomb as it was hard coded that you need to be in the shelter to survive, what kind of shelter is there from a frieza deathball? So PS-ing it sounds like a better idea.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it could jusst be a flash like in crossfire, cuz who would have enough pl to combat a death ball that takes up 1/3 of the map a lone? IT would be great eye candy if everyone had to try and stop it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But to keep it 'realistic' there would be no shelter from a planet destroying deathball. So powerstruggling it would be prossibly the best option.

Best answers
What kind of Monster can pose a threat to Saiyan?
That's just redicilous!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your post just now, was ridiculous, by not even being on topic =)

I like the giant death ball idea, with struggling o: And the admin would have to trigger it. (It would probably be a big disturbance, unless it was admin controlled.)

Best answers
Avenger said:
Your post just now, was ridiculous, by not even being on topic =)

I like the giant death ball idea, with struggling o: And the admin would have to trigger it. (It would probably be a big disturbance, unless it was admin controlled.)
Yes, it was on topic. Someone asked what kind of monster could pose a threat to a Saiyajin. I answered with one name. Hirudegarn. It took a Super Saiyajin 3 to destroy it.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a friggin game not DBZ itself.... bleh just make some super duper mega loch ness that has a pl of 100000 and voilla, a good monster..

else you get something like this

"dino out of swamp shoots beam to player" "player shoots back with 1% charced gallit gun and blows up dino"

i think it could be fun ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me reminds the "wise one" that the "off topic" poster was not giving positive nor negative input. And that beast was in a movie <.< Would be wise to realize what the team has said about movie and gt things.. That beast would fit in with EVM, not in ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger, you're not helping the off-topicness by continuing the argument.

I really wouldn't mind a NPC fish or something swimming in the water, its not supposed to do anything spectacular...just swim.

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Yes, it was on topic. Someone asked what kind of monster could pose a threat to a Saiyajin. I answered with one name. Hirudegarn. It took a Super Saiyajin 3 to destroy it.
Yet for some reason a Mystic Gohan couldn't lay a hand on it in form 1... Makeing it a pretty DAMN good foe.
And I'd say that is on topic, It relates to the monster in game idea.
And as I always say I'd like to see this as a alternate game mode , maby more than most , but I'd like the origonal game mode left intact aswell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The same Mystic Gohan that never trained after the Cell Games, besides the Mystic powers were probably wearing off by then, while Goku trained all the time in the 10 years (thats right, 10 years) between Buu and Uub and Movie 13 happened between the two. Now stop talking about it.

Idea #1: This idea was implented in UT (the original UT) for some maps with killable NPC's that you didn't get frags for, just made for 'destructable scenery'. I think Cold_Steel has the Shamo's in one of his maps for Broly, so it would be possible and fun. It would also be cool to have a seperate game mode where it's all the players against some huge monster like an Oozaru, and then the community can change it to Hildegarne or Fat Janemba etc :D

Idea #2: Is this possible? I know Opposing Force had this towards the end of the game so there's no reason why ESF couldn't. Is this what env_funnel is? I'm not sure about implementing it in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber because they could walk fine, it's just the temperature changed randomly to condition the fighters bodies, which is different. It's possible to have the floor cause damage in the same way acid can.

Idea #3: My favorite idea here, you could have something like Frieza or Kid Buu charging up a Deathball/Vanishing Ball at random intervals during the fights in Team Mode and then the two opposing teams have to powerstruggle the ball away from them which sounds like a lot of fun and a good lesson in teamwork. The community could then put some custom material in, maybe change the Frieza model for Omega Shenron and the Deathball for a Negative Energy Ball or something, that would be cool. The only downside I can think of is people (n00bs) taking advantage of people in the powerstruggle (player) and not helping in the struggle, instead flying around shooting the vunerable players. Maybe if v1.3 was fixed so that you couldn't take exterior damage outside of a powerstruggle, it would work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't people already not take damage while in a powerstruggle? And if they don't help, they always just die...

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Idea #1: This idea was implented in UT (the original UT) for some maps with killable NPC's that you didn't get frags for, just made for 'destructable scenery'. I think Cold_Steel has the Shamo's in one of his maps for Broly, so it would be possible and fun. It would also be cool to have a seperate game mode where it's all the players against some huge monster like an Oozaru, and then the community can change it to Hildegarne or Fat Janemba etc :D
i like this idea.. it would be cool if for like janemba firing ki blasts/ gen balls/ strong ki attacks so that plays would also have to dodge/powerstruggle against when having to fight against the huge monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom