"Monster? I'm not a monster, im the Devil!"

Best answers
fortnox said:
wow, that looks lry cool raven, sept for each side looking exactly the same doubled :p lol but yea, looks cool. :)
I didnt mention, I only touched the chest + arms cos I'm swamped and just dont have time to do it all (added note on the bottom of my other post too). I just think he is slightly under-muscled for being brolly. GL Kama and GG.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Could you please just stop this allready. The skeleton has allready been assigned, so I doubt there will be any more model changes.

Besides, i have not seen God Gundam confirm the fact he actually used that toy as a ref.

I say the model looks awesome. No changes needed. The flaws it has are so minor, you won't even notice when playing.
I actually will. You know at the part where the game completely stops. OH you must know it its called Advanced melee?

Best answers
Ok let me just say a few things which I think need to be said.

firstly, as the model is significantly larger than the other ESF models, the scope for detail and the need for detail is much greater. Had this model been sized to match Goku then it wouldnt be such an issue. Also the ESF poly limit is considerably lower than alot of community based models, and for a brolly model (lots of hair, clothing sections, huge sections of muscle) I think GG did a pretty good job!.

Secondly.. having produced a drawover, I quickly found good reference images for brolly very difficult to find. Unlike models produced for Goku, Vegeta and co. there isnt giant image galleries covering every angle inch by inch and even hand drawn reference images to guide modelers when producing brolly. I've seen brolly images with small hands, big hands, thinner arms, different hair colours. So again GJ.

Thirdly the skin is definatly under detailed in my opinion (Sorry Kama, I just seem to be having a go at you constantly, nothing personal). Considering his size, I think you should have really pumped out those muscles and worked him to death. (I know you have ESF deadlines, and I know they are hell), but your dealing with probably one of the most critical communitys around. Half and half just 'aint gonna cut it.

Lastly, the fact remains your dealing with one of the most favoured characters involved in DBZ and no matter what you do your never gonna please everyone. The long and the short is, once you release it, almost everyone will download it cos overall its a good piece of work. I still think your selling yourself short on the skin Kama but thats just imo.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
I actually will. You know at the part where the game completely stops. OH you must know it its called Advanced melee?

Are you the Shin Carl who never plays ESF due to advanced melee ? Yes, i think you are. How many times have you been screaming you don't play ESF because AM is boring an what not. Please stop your mindless blabbering, and start making sense.

You will rarely see the arms stretch completely anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
but anyways, hes saying taht the arms will be extremely noticeable in the advance melee stage... where the game "pauses" so the fighters can select their attacks.... and from what you said its just flame flame flame because he has his own opinion...

On the model tho, I think the hair should be darkend, but i dont think youve started on it, also a back shot would be nice being as thats prolly the biggest part youll notice in game..

and if you could also released a scaled down version along with this i would like (i like to see the map and ppl around me instead of just a big model ie Frieza 2)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Shin. The arms just don't look right, and yes, it will be noticeable in-game at several different points including but not restricted to advanced melee.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Are you the Shin Carl who never plays ESF due to advanced melee ? Yes, i think you are. How many times have you been screaming you don't play ESF because AM is boring an what not. Please stop your mindless blabbering, and start making sense.
Break it up here, gents. I don't want to see beta testers, of all people, keeping the bickering going.

Having said that: Shin Carl, you've stated your opinion about using the toy(s) as a reference several times. Your opinion has been established. If you'd like to state other crits or opinions, then please, by all means, do so. However, if you are looking to debate what a "good reference" is, this is not the place. Take it up with the modellers in private...please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
Considering his size, I think you should have really pumped out those muscles and worked him to death. (I know you have ESF deadlines, and I know they are hell),
What do you consider Pumped out? Cause.. Your drawover doesn't look much different other then the fact that it looks like he's wearing a fat suit. I've done pretty much all I could with the chest without making it look ridiculously large.

I really don't want to go into 3000 creases up and down his body because imo that just makes his body look ugly. Body Builders are more grotesque then intimidating so I prefer to have a nice cleaner look. But if you want to expand please do.

but your dealing with probably one of the most critical communitys around.
Not really.. only about 3 people are critical on these forums. And of them only one actually provide valid crits to support being critical. This really isn't that bad a forum, most of it are people who are just looking for a good model or an excuse to be heard so those who seem critical really have no idea what they are talking about.

To be honest i'm still skeptical if you know, but you have a pretty firm grasp over alot of skinning skills others don't so I'll trust you mostly for now.

Best answers
Kama said:
What do you consider Pumped out? Cause.. Your drawover doesn't look much different other then the fact that it looks like he's wearing a fat suit. I've done pretty much all I could with the chest without making it look ridiculously large.

I really don't want to go into 3000 creases up and down his body because imo that just makes his body look ugly. Body Builders are more grotesque then intimidating so I prefer to have a nice cleaner look. But if you want to expand please do.

Not really.. only about 3 people are critical on these forums. And of them only one actually provide valid crits to support being critical. This really isn't that bad a forum, most of it are people who are just looking for a good model or an excuse to be heard so those who seem critical really have no idea what they are talking about.
Your skinning THE MOST muscular saiyan, and you just decide you dont like muscles so your not gonna do them?. Any and EVERY picture of brolly in this form of saiya-jin has infinatly more muscle defination than your skin, thats not preference its just lazyness or quite frankly lack of skinning accuracy. I posted a draw over as an attempt to help you get onto the right track with brollys muscle definition. Having taken what you said and looked at your muscle defination, I would seriously doubt you even looked at a reference picture. (An exeption being his abdomonal area.) Not to mention a frightfully wrong forearm. Your skinning a big model so you need to put more effort and defination into it or its gonna look plain and underskinned. Which it does. (Especially on the arms).

Kama said:
To be honest i'm still skeptical if you know, but you have a pretty firm grasp over alot of skinning skills others don't so I'll trust you mostly for now.
As for this comment, I wouldnt hesitate to say the same about you. Though I will say... if you would deflate your ego slightly and actually take some advice, I think you could really become a great skinner.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:

You will rarely see the arms stretch completely anyway.

Sir your frikkin funny. First of all if you ever played me you would see I used Advanced melee alot more than anyone I fight. Further more, those topics I made were what in June? Things change. I always play esf. I always have a server up, but you know what. ESF gets boring, and you do know why don't you? "LPG". Lack Of Good Players

Anyways

The Brolli model overall is good, but it still has its flaws. I will no longer speak on the toy refs, as you have asked. I would though like to see Brolli with the tweaks that were made, and to have a final say. I already gave my critizism.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Even if you made a valid post, let's refrain from arguing with other people, GG and Kama probably wouldn't want this turning into a Jerry Springer episode. :rolleyes:

So from here on out, let's love each other.

Best answers
Magus said:
Even if you made a valid post, let's refrain from arguing with other people, GG and Kama probably wouldn't want this turning into a Jerry Springer episode. :rolleyes:

I love you...

The model looks awsome ingame, great work you two.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:

I was made out of love =O

Anyway, i'll stop it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for this comment, I wouldnt hesitate to say the same about you. Though I will say... if you would deflate your ego slightly and actually take some advice, I think you could really become a great skinner.
Firstly I don't have an ego, I'm trying to sell a model and it looks like i'm doing a good job of it. Second I don't like you and it's pretty clear the feeling is mutual.

To your actual advice, the Arms are still WIP, i'm skinning them in conjunction with the mesh. They are huge and massive, your drawover is seriously just fat not scary. The arms will be touched up as I continue the skin, but not to the point where I feel it looks just stupid.

These are pretty much a good median for the refs that I used. He follows nicely with them. It doesn't look like someone is tying Wire around his body too tightly for creases, it's just nice and puffed with suttle definitions around.

http://www.dbgt.com/gallery.php?view=viewport/Dragonball Z/Broli/broli09.jpg
http://www.dbgt.com/gallery.php?view=viewport/Dragonball Z/Broli/broli39.jpg

If you really want to give advice and hopefully stop this bitter banter i'd much enjoy to talk to you on a messenger service if you are up to it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*

I agree that the arguements need to stop, but there's no need for such posts...

On-topic only, PLEASE. This will only spark more arguements.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
cat fights!, but ya, ima agree with kama on teh fat bulbousness <_<
anyways, we will try to finish this weekend so next week we can make any edits nessessary

Best answers
wow....this forum changed into a war zone when i left for my moms for the week...:-/ lol

but YAY! the model is almost done! cant wait :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom