Models appear too small

Best answers
In the game, all of the players, including myself, appear much smaller than the rest of the map. This is particularly noticable when standing on the street in the city or standing next to a door. I don't know if this is intentional. If it is not, then how do I fix this problem? If it is intentional, then is there a way to modify files or configuration to make models appear bigger, even if they aren't in reality? This is the only thing I dislike about this great game, but it's compelling enough to keep me from playing it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , if u look at 1.1 models compared to 1.2 models , the 1.2 models are actually smaller , it mite be your graphics settings for esf that make them look smaller then they are. go to customize in multi and go to advanced and configure those settings , then i would suggest you run the graphics settings of hl to opengl at 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The models were scaled down to 1/4 in 1.0 to make the maps appear 4x as big as they really are

If your playing on ESF maps your really shouldn't notice it

Best answers

This is in the city map. I see lots of other scaling problems as well.

When I play I game, I like to feel like I am part of the world I am playing in. This scale problem completely kills the realism for me, not to mention it looks horrible.

As I stated previously, I like this game, but this one problem is enough to make me not want to play it. If only the maps would be changed to match the new model size, this would be my favorite game of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom