modeling help...

Best answers
I was looking at the models in some 3d programs, and niticed something wierd, could anyone tell me WTF??? is this:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ I have no idea.... And I don't even want to know what it is

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm, it look's like a stretched portion of the model, possibly the hair. It's just a screw up, nothing that need's a whole topic created for it. :rolleyes:

Best answers
What software were you viewing it in, and what format?

Possibly if the file structure of the models was change either a newer version or older version of say DirectX(.x), and then loaded into a modeling program you might end up with a little scrap that the program doesn't know what to do with.

Example:
The model was made 2 years ago by Anonymous and saved in the DX8 format. 2 years later, you download it and open it with your program that imports the newest DX format, DX9. See what I'm thinking?

Of course, I'm assuming most models here are .mdl and an updated .mdl format is not likely to be the problem.

I'll be interested to find out what the problem is.

Best answers
blah dont post in .bmp format , takes to long to load , and i have no idea what it is

Best answers
I was viewing it on Milkshape 3d and 3ds max 5, looks the same in both, it was created definetely not two years ago, it`s from eea

Best answers
yup i had it once too! THat sux it can happen when u connect the bones to the wrong vertexes i think!! But i havent really figured it out also think its taht...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
............. Make it as a JPG please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it may be an aura....i dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom