modelin, where 2 start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
hey can some1 please link me to a site w/ some good (not too complicated) modelling and or skinning tutorials? im usin lightwave 7 but cant really figure it out =/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and you would know all about that wouldnt you, (aimed at buu)

i reccomend 3dsm, its a ***** to learn your way around it at first, but thats the only hard part, it has everything milkshape does, (and in most case better versions of it) and tons more tools that make modelling much easier, like i said once you learn your way around it, theres not much better

though you probly cant afford it, but then again how many people here can honestly say they bought thier copy of 3dsm, milkshape is 25 bucks and well worth that but its very limited

Best answers
oh one more thing, lets say i wanted to make a half-life model for a mod like ESF or PokeMod how would i go about doing that? like where would i get the half-life skeletons to model on?

EDIT: XXX, some of the pix on that tutorial dont work. dead links.

Best answers
and 3dsm is all i need? or do u reccomend getting milkshape too?

Best answers
i recommend milksahpe for a start at pbp and once u masterd milkshape then u shud use 3dsm pbp :) and um yea thats all u need but if u ask other people to animate it for you or something they will do it :)

Best answers
3dsm is very easy to use once you know how, it's go so many nice functions that speed up modelling. All you gotta do is find which of those hundreds of button does the thing you want :p

Best answers
but shouldnt i be modelling it on a half-life skeleton or somethin so its the right size? and i heard about a "goku skeleton" "gohan skeleton" etc. Where do i get those?

Best answers
so it doesnt matter WHAT size the original model is? that doesnt make sense, i needa fit it to somethin in order for the animaters to use it right? "and um yea thats all u need but if u ask other people to animate it for you or something they will do it ". how can they animate it if it doesnt fit some required size? and btw, i came HERE 2 ask people :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom