Mistic Gohan cell shaded

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a skin?

Best answers
Is that REAL cel shading or just your usual fake cel shading? Try using MS3D Skinner. You can get it at http://net.supereva.it/aisirul/ms3dskinner.htm?p
That's what I use for cel-shading my Raditz model. Of course you can't actually get the real cel-shading ingame, but it's cool for doing renders. And btw, it looks like ZeQ2 don't need any new members, but it never hurts to ask.

Best answers
Can you show a non-cell shaded version? Kinda looks a lil' two faced, and I'm guessing it was meant to show a half cell shaded half non-cell shaded version. To me it all looks kinda strange..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all that ms3d skinner does is basically the same thing hes doing there, just putting the skin at full lighting, it does give a little bit of a more random appearance to it, but thats just cuz it uses more than 2 colors on the new layer, like the wau hes using does, you could recreate that exactly on ms3d now, just use the bmp that coems with ms3dskinner instead of the jh.bmp i uploaded

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crap-tastic!
Its terrible man, its 2 colors and that crap black line that everyone uses. Sorry, but i dont think you can get into Zeq II (hell, i wouldnt let you in). you just put 2 solid colors and put some crappy ripples. Sorry to say, but that is just.. terrible.. put more effort and stop tese stupid cell-shaded stuff, it looks terrible. You have 1 really light color and then it just turns dark. I never saw that in DBZ, thats for sure. You dont even have a proper lighting fixture. The shirt goes from Light orange, then dark orange, then light blue.. wtf?

Not a flame, just harsh crits.
.4/10

Best answers
like this but how could i compile it and make it to play it in esf with cellshading it keeps on telling me a milkshape error!

Best answers
mmmmmm looks a little blocky, like the hands. other then that its good

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm, youre a fool. esf doesnt support spheremapping. you cant compile that.

anyway, theres no detail at all, plus his face looks like he has bathroom problems.

Best answers
Whats this? I always thought cell shading was done be duplicating the hole mesh, expanding it a fiew inches, inverting the faces, and coloring them black... Wow, don't know what I was thinking :p

But abut the model, I would agree that it just looks like you didnt assign the shaiding correctly or somthing. Its too harsh, and is not true to a singuler light source. try changing the light angle, so the face is not half and half.

Best answers
black outline is not cell shading. I wouldnt call it a waste of time either, since he's learning from his mistake

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it really doesnt look all that cell shaded

i mean the light doesnt look like its light at all cause it doesnt hit the model right so it just looks like half his body got bleach on it should make it look more natural

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my oppinion its not cell shaded:

-Shadows very misplaced
-??Black Outline??
-If u make a cell shaded model it doesnt always mean to add less detail to his clothes
-weird muscle placement on the neck and arms (dunno what it is, but something looks stupid)

and for the rest of the skin.....i think u should overlook some more tutorials cuz i dont like the skin itself (i mean do muscles look like that?)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its funny how this place thinks cellshading means is has a black outline,

the cell shading has to do with how the lights place the shadows on the model, it has nothing to do with the outline, thats just a thing that usually comes with it, its something completely seperate,

this is alot like that old fake cellshading that this forum used to use, however if used right it can produce a more convincing effect and actually put things that appear to be shadows on the model, needless to say he missed 1 very important step, setting the skin at full illumination, (white emission in milkshape),

it would appear to be more like cellshading if he did do that to the skin, and just to shut you all up add an outline, drawing on some solid black lines wouldnt hurt it either, (folds, muscles, he details on thier you can barely see)

of course if your too lazy to click your mouse 3 times in milkshape to achieve that full illumination effectyou can use the "ink and paint" material option in the demo of 3dsm6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom