MISTAKE ON FRIEZAS MODEL!

Best answers
Ok, after playing esf for 5 hours straight, I decided to watch dragon ballz from the start (I have every episode on tape) and I noticed something... in esf frieza has 2 toes, BUT in the videos he has 3! (god attention to detail, lmao) Im not sure if anyone has picked this up, but yeah I did... lol

Best answers
Judge said:
Moved to modeling section.
theres a modelling section? why did I see it? lol btw i found another mistake with frieza... he can drown... AND in the series its stated "with friezas cells, I am able to survive anywhere"

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
something that minor isnt a big deal. i would leave it as it it, which os what is probly gonna happen.
and the drowning thing, thats a minor mstake with coding. not many people saty underwater for more that 2 minutes, none that i know of.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol....good observation man!! I would never have noticed it o_o. Maybe since youve pointed this out they'lle chang it when the start on the 'transformation' beta(i dunno which beta its goin to be thats y i said 'transformation')

Best answers
... o_O u have WAY to much time on your hands...and i dont think that stuff matters, but ehh....good observation skills

Best answers
lol, yeah I do have to much time on my hands at the moment... mainly because it is the school holidays? lol, anyways Im trying to find more mistakes... and I think I may have found one with cell also... it seems as if he too has only 2 front toes... when instead he is supposed to have 3 front and 1 back for each foot, maybe a coincidence. or the fact the modelers chose to do it this way.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, thats the first thing I do whenever I go to kill a guy, look at his feet.
Me - "Hey Frieza, how many toes do you have?"
Frieza - "Well in the TV show I have 3, but in ESF I only have 2. Why do you ask?"
Me - "No reason... Ka-me-ha-me...."
That's some serious observation!
I also found a weird thing when looking at the ESF models.
The model itself has 3 fingers, but the skin has 5 so makes it look like a normal hand! Weird! :D

Best answers
Im not sure if your being an ******* or not... or if it is just you... but I do have an attention to detail at least. and the esf team have done a great job, Im just showing them a couple of flaws that I have discovered. and this is what I usually say to sarcastamistic people
me "hi, are you an *******?"
you "Why yes, how do you do sir?"
me "Build a bridge"
but anyways... back to topic. im sure they did it on purpose... or the fact they just missed it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey hey hey, woah.
Don't blow a gasket on me.
I guess you're one of those people that doesn't have a sense of humor.
I was just commenting on it, and adding something else I found. o_O

almostdeleted

A
It only has 2 toes because if you add three it would increase the poly count.

Best answers
it shouldnt increase it that much as to have a massive performance decrease would it? I mean most people are running systems greater than 1ghz and 256mb of ram and a geforce 2? they should be able to add that... or is it the engine? and btw, the other guy that said "dont blow a gasget" well suck on my right earlobe and cvall me bob the pet christmas tree!

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
It only has 2 toes because if you add three it would increase the poly count.
Aw c'mon CrackerJack, you're usually one to give sensible input, a toe is not going to increase the poly count so dramatically that someone couldn't play....even if you're in a 16 player server and everyone just happens to be playing as frieza and cell....that's around 32 extra toes....maybe X the 4 or 6 polys it would take to make it.....not even more than 200-400 polys.....which is nothing considering some models alone can be over 2000. Anyways...minor things like this are irrelevant to gameplay, although you do have a keen eye o_O

Best answers
and besides whats the point in trying to make the best mod in the world if you can see obvoious stuff in it? wouldnt people start talking? (and then cough) and yea... not that its major or anything, I would have just suspected that they would have gotten this perfect the firt time around?

Best answers
that actually wasnt obvious stuff.... most ppl have been playing this for a while and havent noticed it... so i dont think its somthing thats obivous its just somthing dont pay attention to because they would rather play than stare at freizas toe....

Best answers
Well... friezas toe is interesting... and remember about frieza drowning also... frieza can survive anywhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any poly gone is good... first modelers rule.

And I can remember a ESF teammeber saying frieza wouldn't be able to drown anymore in the beta.. i wonder if they forgot.. ah well.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the 2-toe thing was pointed out before 1.0 was released, on a previous version of the site. Vassago (I think) posted a pic of the Frieza model, and it got noticed right away that it had only 2 toes on each foot. It's nothing major. If it's fixed for 1.2, then it's fixed for 1.2. If not, then not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could anyone say any more? the main modeling rule is to shave off as much as possible, because we are on the half life engine, this means useless parts will be hacked off, if we were on say, hl2, they would have a full set of fingers/toes and so on, as long as we are on a low grade engine, we get low poly models, comes with life,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom