Minor Knock Back After Transformation

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The "bubble" should be able to deflect beams heading towards the perosn transforming. If the beam happens to touch the "bubble" then it will be deflected. If it doesn't, then it will harm the person that's either transforming, or finished transforming. Perhaps holding the block button if they're near the player, it will push them back less.
If it's a bubble, it'll be all around the person ascending, making him invulnerable. Invulnerability for someone who's about to have twice the pl, increased speed and more powerful attacks doesn't seem quite fair to everyone else, especially since it tends to be the best players who trans first.

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, though. Why would the beam not hit the bubble if you're aiming for the person transforming? Or is this still happening at the very end of the transformation process? If it is, I've covered why anything at the last moment will make a difference. If it isn't, the first paragraph applies.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How about an expanding bubble that pushes outwards at the last 2 seconds of a transformation, nullifying ki attacks that hit within that time? I dunno just throwing some idea's out there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How about an expanding bubble that pushes outwards at the last 2 seconds of a transformation, nullifying ki attacks that hit within that time? I dunno just throwing some idea's out there.
Head to the chatbox. We're going to discuss it there so we dont have to wait for each other's posts.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll put what I have already said in the chatbox here.

The bubble isn't supposed to be there the whole time, it's only supposed to appear at the end of the transformation. Think of it like an exploding Ki Bubble that lasts for not even a second that knocks back enemies within that radius without damage. If the beam happens to touch the bubble within that time, it will be deflected. The player transforming will be completely vulnerable while transforming, though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
<Nixanthros> I'll hop on board with the idea if we can find a clever way to make the bubble something that you have to activate somehow, where, if done correctly, you could have it pretty much from the start, and would lessen the damage you take

<Nixanthros> with the same knockback at the end

<Nixanthros> Im thinking maybe a struggle bar that forces you to pump ki into the bubble

<Nixanthros> So, if you're in the clear, you can trans the regular way

<Nixanthros> but if you're in enemy territory, you can control the bubble

<Nixanthros> and activate it

<Nixanthros> if you run out of ki using the bubble, the bubble will disappear and the trans will cancel itself

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is one of my older ideas so how about it.

Transformations would have 3 phases:
- knockout phase
- immortal phase

Knockout phase

Now when you first start the transformation you are in the knockout phase. This phase lasts the first 1 or 2 seconds during a transformation. During this phase you take normall damage and can be knocked out of the transformation with melee. Basically they can hit you with melee and cancle your transformation.

Immortal phase

After the knochout phase you swich over to immortal phase. This happens automatically so you dont need to do anything. In this phase you are immortal to all attacks, be it melee and beams. Untoutchable if you will. This phase lasts till about 1 second past the and of the transformation.

Phase apearance

Basically those phases are all handled by the code and are invisible to the actuall player. Firstly the knockout phase appears every time you transform. The other phase only appears when the transformation is longer than the knockout phase. So if your transformation takes longer than 2 seconds you wont get to be immortal, nor will you get immortality past the end of the transformation.

Examples

Player A is fighting player B and starts to transform midfight. But player B hits him with melee before the knockback phase ends. Player A is then knocked out of the transformation like with a normall melee hit.

Player A starts to transform alone. After 2 seconds he becomes immortal to all attacks. He finishes the transformation and continues to play.

Balancing:
- You can not do any attacks while you are still immortal. same as when you have a halo.
- Once you hit the immortal phase you can no longer cancle the transformation yourself and must wait till you finish.

Sidenote

You can allso be knocked out of a transformation with a beam attack. Melee was just an example.

Well as said its an old idea but i think it would work. The idea is that if you transform duting a fight you can get knocked out giving your oponent a free hit, but if you transform out of a fight and someone sees you. YOu still get the 1 second immortality to be able to move out of the way, of the blast radius, of aney beam attacks the person who found you wants to detonate in your location.

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
what if tou alterd it depending on the persons powerlevel lets say in normal form they have above avrage for trans and the other dosent but can trans then the knock back effect wont work on the ones with the higher powerlevel

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Madman: Sorry, but I have no damn clue what you just said.
Grega: It's okay. I still like the concept Zeonix had, same with mine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Grega: I hate immortality.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
eh.

i would just give everyone the use of gohans shield (- the shield burst) and make it possible to use in mid-trans.

you run out of ki/stamina, your left open.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the idea of immortality during a transformation. The pushback at the end (which would be tough to exploit as most people would give you a beating before you finished) is the best solution in my opinion.

With Grega's method, you could see someone going towards you or firing a beam. You start to trans and by the time their attack arrives, you're immortal and avoided the attack.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
With Grega's method, you could see someone going towards you or firing a beam. You start to trans and by the time their attack arrives, you're immortal and avoided the attack.
Youd have to be allmost across the entire map from him if you wanted that to work. Since any damage at all would knock you out of transforming. And you couldnt cancle the transformation once you were in the immortal phase.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Youd have to be allmost across the entire map from him if you wanted that to work. Since any damage at all would knock you out of transforming. And you couldnt cancle the transformation once you were in the immortal phase.
What would happen if you melee'd someone into the ground then started to trans? That'd give you some free time ^^.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well thats what testing is for ^^

The time values to be exact. A full transformation takes over 10 seconds. A player once meleed to the ground can get up in about 2.5 seconds if its a full roll. Giving enough time to kiblast him out of the transformation if the knockout time is set to 3.5 seconds.

But to be honest. I kinda like the Gohan Shield idea.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Im perplexed on this one.

Damareas end-trans shockwave makes for a neat aesthetic. Naturally i think the effect is lessened on blocking players, and is no defense against high powered attacks. I see nothing wrong with this. This feature should be added for the fact that its logical physics, not for tactical value. Its attention to detail to things like this that also make fans go 'mad! =D'

Nix's controllable bubble is something tactical and dynamic. You are sacrificing the success of the trans by muting damage. i quite like this if it were to be implemented. Say, holding LMB as you trans makes a shield reducing damage at the cost of ki. Personally i think a trans should drain your stamina during the process, not a chunk of your ki afterwards.

"You cant become a super-saiyan just by increasing your powerlevel, it doesnt work that way." Goku at Gohan attempting to transform by using his ki and using up all his stamina trying

Gregas idea is simple and static. I quite like the idea of being able to punch a person out of trans as they attempt it. If, instead of immortality, that phase took reduced damage without being knocked out, and then made a nullifying shockwave as the trans finished, i would be a happy chappy.

Combining these ideas;

Whenever you trans you can be hit out of it.
Holding LMB produces shield, preventing melee knockout, depending on PL difference. If the attackers PL is much greater than the transer, they can still melee them. If not, they get repelled.
eg;
Think Goku vs Broly, when Goku goes to punch him and gets enveloped by Brolys shield and blasted back. Or Super Buu vs Super Vegitto, when Buu loses his temper, warping dimensions, and Vegitto pushes through his ki to punch him.

Holding LMB drains ki.
No more Ki, trans fails.
Holding LMB reduces damage taken from ki attacks.
Trans drains stamina. No stamina, trans fails.
Radial shockwave effect at end of trans, effect is lessened on blocking players, and is no defense against high powered attacks.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd still rather go with Mine or Zeo's.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This is one of my older ideas so how about it.

Transformations would have 3 phases:
- knockout phase
- immortal phase

Knockout phase

Now when you first start the transformation you are in the knockout phase. This phase lasts the first 1 or 2 seconds during a transformation. During this phase you take normall damage and can be knocked out of the transformation with melee. Basically they can hit you with melee and cancle your transformation.

Immortal phase

After the knochout phase you swich over to immortal phase. This happens automatically so you dont need to do anything. In this phase you are immortal to all attacks, be it melee and beams. Untoutchable if you will. This phase lasts till about 1 second past the and of the transformation.

Phase apearance

Basically those phases are all handled by the code and are invisible to the actuall player. Firstly the knockout phase appears every time you transform. The other phase only appears when the transformation is longer than the knockout phase. So if your transformation takes longer than 2 seconds you wont get to be immortal, nor will you get immortality past the end of the transformation.

Examples

Player A is fighting player B and starts to transform midfight. But player B hits him with melee before the knockback phase ends. Player A is then knocked out of the transformation like with a normall melee hit.

Player A starts to transform alone. After 2 seconds he becomes immortal to all attacks. He finishes the transformation and continues to play.

Balancing:
- You can not do any attacks while you are still immortal. same as when you have a halo.
- Once you hit the immortal phase you can no longer cancle the transformation yourself and must wait till you finish.

Sidenote

You can allso be knocked out of a transformation with a beam attack. Melee was just an example.

Well as said its an old idea but i think it would work. The idea is that if you transform duting a fight you can get knocked out giving your oponent a free hit, but if you transform out of a fight and someone sees you. YOu still get the 1 second immortality to be able to move out of the way, of the blast radius, of aney beam attacks the person who found you wants to detonate in your location.
I think this is the best idea, because transformations are so longgg if someone is constantly hunting you down (1v1) then your never going to get a chance to transform. You should only be vulnerable for the beginning, then invincible after a few seconds. I think he covered all the stuff so you cant abuse it.

It also works great if esf was used competitively (1v1, 2v2, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom