Minor Knock Back After Transformation

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much what the topic says.

After you finish transforming, there should be an effect that knock backs players within a 5-10 yard radius. Basically just a way to not have players beat the **** out of you after you finish transforming.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, just take this off at perfect transformations and only apply it to the end and it's fine.

I remeber standing on peoples head while they transform and holding rightclick... :p funny stuff

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. If it was added for perfect transformations it would be unbalanced.

I made a ****ty diagram. Multiple things should be changed in this diagram, but this is just to get the feel of what it should be like.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a pretty good idea, it should only apply to the moment it ends though. I also agree with David in it being disable at perfect trans.

Cypeq, you have a point but stuff like that is hard to pull off. If you're transing it's normally somewhere hidden. If someone starts to trans half way through a fight I beat the tar out of them ^^.

Please use capital letters and full stops, it makes sentences so much better :).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm against this. Transforming is a privilege, not a right. If you're going to transform out in the open with everyone watching, you're going to have to weigh the benefits against the drawbacks.

The benefit is you're a God amongst men on the server until everyone else transforms. The drawback is you leave yourself open to attack, so you'd better hightail it out of there, or press x and fight. You're already invulnerable while transforming. There's no need to further nerf the game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm against this. Transforming is a privilege, not a right. If you're going to transform out in the open with everyone watching, you're going to have to weigh the benefits against the drawbacks.

The benefit is you're a God amongst men on the server until everyone else transforms. The drawback is you leave yourself open to attack, so you'd better hightail it out of there, or press x and fight. You're already invulnerable while transforming. There's no need to further nerf the game.
Hear hear.

Besides that, the pushback feature is incredibly awkward if you've ever played evm.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he means that it could be used as a "trans-block". which happened alot in EVM/ECX. you can use the push-back to your advantage.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I know what he's talking about. I could see people abusing the pushback, though. Perhaps the coders would be able to have it where the pushback only works once per death?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're overlooking the fact that the pushback will only occur on the second of transformation, not at the start. As it's supposed to work now, you're only invunerable during the first time you transform, not during any other transformation.

The pushback is there to stop exploits such as I mentioned, standing on a transforming players head and getting a free hit as soon as they transform. This isn't something to benefit transforming players its something to prevent exploitation.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would still get time to escape right after you're done transforming, though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're overlooking the fact that the pushback will only occur on the second of transformation, not at the start. As it's supposed to work now, you're only invunerable during the first time you transform, not during any other transformation.

The pushback is there to stop exploits such as I mentioned, standing on a transforming players head and getting a free hit as soon as they transform. This isn't something to benefit transforming players its something to prevent exploitation.
Unless it can blow a kame away, it isn't going to do much. If it doesn't affect the entire trans, it becomes completely useless because I'm not going to stand there waiting to melee you. I'm going to ki blob you, and then I'm going to fire a beam or gen ball into it. If you believe you're in danger of getting hit, cancel the trans, and the fight back or flee. If you decide to go through with it anyway, you deserve to be punished.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well do that then, if that's your playing etiquette. I just think it'd be a nice for asthetic value and also correct the one abuse that i mentioned while keeping you guys happy by not making them the immortal gods you make them out to be. I don't see any harm in it.

If you want some kind of additional effect, have the knock back appear as quickly growing sphere removing ki blobs stopping beams over the last second of transformation.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well do that then, if that's your playing etiquette. I just think it'd be a nice for asthetic value and also correct the one abuse that i mentioned while keeping you guys happy by not making them the immortal gods you make them out to be. I don't see any harm in it.

If you want some kind of additional effect, have the knock back appear as quickly growing sphere removing ki blobs stopping beams over the last second of transformation.
Again, having an effect at the very last moment won't do anything. A single melee attack after you finish ascending is but a small fraction of the damage one can sustain through the use of ki blasts and beams. Now, ki blobs aren't really a problem in the open beta, so that's great, but it isn't going to stop people from beaming you over and over and over again. Once people see all of those pretty effects that take place when you ascend, you become a target. Players will flock to you and make sure you aren't a threat. Personally, I allow a person to trans before every fight. If they trans during a fight, they're showing me disrespect and so I have no qualms with taking them down during the transformation.

Add the feature, but it's a gameplay element that will end up being nice to look at and nothing more.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not exactly sure what it is you want since one minute you're saying that transforming in the open is a stupid idea and therefore you deserve the punishment, then you're saying that it wouldn't do anything to help people getting attacked while transforming.

Probably a suggestion that isn't worth the time implementing, but I see nothing wrong with it, and it would help to a degree, being somewhat imaginative and aiding the concept would be more beneficial than being completely dismissive in my opinion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not exactly sure what it is you want since one minute you're saying that transforming in the open is a stupid idea and therefore you deserve the punishment, then you're saying that it wouldn't do anything to help people getting attacked while transforming.
And both are absolutely true. If you transform out in the open, you're going to get attacked. Hide. Wait until the coast is clear. If you don't, you're going to get attacked until the moment you're able to fly away, and by then you have 3/4 of your HP if you're extremely lucky. Your idea doesn't protect the player. It forces a player's opponents to use more powerful attacks to make up for the inability to strike once using a melee attack.

So what can we do? Well, we can protect the player by making him invulnerable every time the trans starts. But that would be completely unbalanced by making an already superior foe invincible, allowing him to both avoid all damage as well as trans mid-fight, allowing him to use it as a shield whenever the going gets tough.

We've already established your idea does nothing more than push away a silly opponent who would rather melee you once than hit you multiple times with much stronger attacks, rendering it useless.

I can't in good conscience attempt to support an idea that I can't see working, nor can I support an idea that would essentially further nerf the game. Players don't need to be coddled. If you're going to transform, you're doing so at your own risk, but with a great reward in mind. Nothing worth having has ever been easy to obtain. Ascending shouldn't be no different.

By dismissing this idea, I'm trying to save everyone the time and effort you'd waste on a dead-end idea.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "bubble" should be able to deflect beams heading towards the perosn transforming. If the beam happens to touch the "bubble" then it will be deflected. If it doesn't, then it will harm the person that's either transforming, or finished transforming. Perhaps holding the block button if they're near the player, it will push them back less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom