Microsoft says there is no PC FPS gamers.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://megagames.com/news/microsoft-believes-nobody-plays-fps-pc-anymore

While defending Kinect’s applicability for First Person Shooter games, Microsoft's Kudo Tsunoda made a bold claim that "hardly anyone" plays such games on the PC today. "Halo did an awesome job of building a first-person shooter exclusively for the console, and now hardly anyone plays first-person shooters on the PC anymore," were Tsunoda’s own words. Tsunoda then explained that “if you think about the way that first-person shooters evolved, they started on the PC. People for the longest time tried to port shooters from the PC onto the console. And people said the same things that they are saying now about Kinect – 'It's never going to be responsive enough to do this,' or 'You're never going to get a fun first person shooter on the console' – it's only made for a keyboard and mouse and that is the way it is supposed to be played.'” "And as long as everyone was just porting the existing shooters over to console, they weren't as fun as the PC ones. Of course, they were built for the PC."
Ok.

Counter-Strike & CS:S
Day of Defeat: Source
Modern Warfail 2
Borderlands
Team Fortress 2

And oh so many more I can't list them all...Microsoft has no pulse on the gaming community.

I guess if we're not playing Halo, we're not playing FPS's...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dumb Foo'. Don't know what he's talkin' about!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, this was from a few days ago.

I just rolled my eyes and went to the next article. Silly.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microsoft actually believes they charge less money because of product activation too.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I just hope Microsoft and Epic Games will rot in the darkest pits of hell for making Gears of War 2 and 3 console only games.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is more of a numbers game. If so, they're not wrong. Consoles are more accessible.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PC ports have been getting more and more fail over the years. I don't actually own an X-Box and I've missed out on a lot of cool games because of that, but in a market where your PC titles all get pirated while your console games make loads, it's certainly not as profitable anymore to port for PC.

On the actual topic though, FPS games are not dead on PC. Absolutely nothing currently out will beat the precision of a mouse and kb. I don't think motion controls are quite at that stage yet.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*cough* Team Fortress 2 *cough*

*cough* Left 4 Dead 2 *cough*

What a strange way to promote Halo: Reach, eh?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saying the 100,000 people playing Counter-Strike at any given time of the day would like a word with Microsoft. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dislike the majority of the PC gaming scene for unsure reasons.

Just wanted to get that out there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saying the 100,000 people playing Counter-Strike at any given time of the day would like a word with Microsoft. :p
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...rn-warfare-2-online-players-tops-25-million/1

Them said:
The 25 million stretches across all three platforms: PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The most players are found on the Microsoft console, with PS3 "a close 2nd," Bowling says.
That's one game, in March. My point stands. It's a numbers game.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what if there is a higher percentage of unique players are on the Xbox 360... PCs have the cutting-edge hardware.

I don't see Crysis on the 360.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what if there is a higher percentage of unique players are on the Xbox 360... PCs have the cutting-edge hardware.

Cutting-edge hardware that isn't purchased by the public at large. I don't see Crysis on the 360, but I certainly see Crysis 2 on the 360 and PS3 in addition to the PC. So yeah.

@Mkilbride: 250 million over the course of how many years? If we're going to compare the two stats logically, compare the number of unique players during the same time period (meaning the same year, not during CS's heyday). I'm sure you'll come to find the numbers are very much in the console's favor. Clearly, I'm not alone in this analysis. Big bucks are to be made on platforms where perceived losses due to piracy are minimal, and so the PC platform is largely ignored. Now, I don't need a high and mighty speech telling me about how awesome PC games are and consoles suck and all that jazz. I don't care. I am and will be a PC gamer for the foreseeable future. But I'm also not blind to the motivations of big businesses.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

But then again due to the ridiculous requirements of crysis, you don't see it on too many pc's either.

Just sayin'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly L4D2 doesn't have as big as a following as you think, but there are tons of other games people play. It's preposterous to think that there are no PC FPS gamers, it's my favorite genre and I consider myself I pretty hardcore PC gamer.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What honestly cracks me up is that after that statement, perhaps only two days later, MS games division is talking about leadership in PC gaming, and doing right by PC gamers . . . something they have obstensibly handed off to Valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom