Microsoft Offering To Buy Nintendo!!!!!

Best answers
I doubt this will occur, even if nintendo accepts, the supreme court has to approve, and judging by all the anti-trust actions they are taking against microsoft already, letting them corner the PC and console market would be unthinkable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see why all console making companies just get togehter and make the ultimate console

Best answers
lol xcubestation!

I guess they could, but it wouldnt make much sense for them financially

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
opensource said:
lol xcubestation!

I guess they could, but it wouldnt make much sense for them financially
well they would split the profit 3 ways, and thier sales would triple, so they would be making the same amount of money if they made seperate consoles (granted if ps2, xbox, and gc sales are split like that now, which is unlikely)

Best answers
sales would not triple by any means, they would definitely get more sales, but if people dont like the console, they arent going to buy it. Brand loyalty comes into play here as well, tons of people refuse to buy a console from one of them because they are convinced that sony/microsoft/nintendo sucks. So basically the would double their sales in a best case scenario, and have to split them 3 ways, and all the profits that the companies who made games got off of selling games for each of the 3 different consoles would now be lost due to the fact that there is only one major console on the market. So they would get pissed and stab someone

Best answers
Meh. Bill has created a beast that cannot be fed. Anyway, something tells me the Japanese end of Nintendo wouldn't agree...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if they did. What relevance does Microsoft owning Nintendo have to Sony getting trounced in the market? The way I see it, it won't be entirely different than in Budokai 2, when Buu absorbs Tien and Yamcha:

Microsoft absorbs crappy company; microsoft products become crappier.

However I hope that it goes in a better, different direction. Something like this:

Microsoft absorbs crappy company; Microsoft's personal military oversees the overhaul and redesign of every crappy thing Nintendo's done in the last 10 years, and murders all upper Nintendo executives and creative staff, and genetically manipulates Shigeru Miyamoto to reverse all of the brain damage he has suffered.

In other words: it would be really awesome if Microsoft oversaw Nintendo's creative output.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Tassadar - Nintendo Japan would probably not agree to it...especially since the X-Box isn't exactly the pinnacle of gaming in Japan.

Besides, although I respect the X-Box and the methodology of gaming that it has introduced...I still want something like the Gamecube to exist...I, for one, prefer the Gamecube because of its selection, and to me, purchasing Nintendo may force its consoles to become more akin to the X-Box. That may not be a problem for some, but I still want distinct consoles coming from Nintendo. They have never disappointed me, so I hope that, even if this purchase somehow occurs, Nintendo's products don't undergo too much change.

Best answers
I know microsoft wont buy nintendo, but if they did that would probally be the beginning of the end for games console. I mean Micro$oft are only good at one thing, and that sure as hell aint games consoles or games for that matter. But yeh there ya go Micro$oft just offering to buy out the competiton cos they know Nintendo make the best games around...Oh and whoever it was who said Nintendo was a crappy company..... O_O Um where you been mate? I personally recall alot of the great games I have played are nintendo games...maybe thats just me? Oh and before any one asks no I'm not a Nintendo fanboy even though it may sound like it :smile:

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Even if they did. What relevance does Microsoft owning Nintendo have to Sony getting trounced in the market? The way I see it, it won't be entirely different than in Budokai 2, when Buu absorbs Tien and Yamcha:
Oppinated!!! To say Nintendo is a crappy company is just nowhere near true. Sony is just a company who dosent make quality games or consoles besides the cover on the outside, and throw in cheap gimics to get people to buy there consoles. People buy games to play games, which is what nintendo focous on. But i do agree with you that they havent been making the best descions, hell theyve been making terrible descions as of late and like u said if microsoft buys out nintendo,and oversee's nintendos creative output, than sony would indeed be swept off the market if that happen. Too bad it wont though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, no, no, no, dear God no, no, no!
Nintendo won't do it, they know how to make choices.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*blinks* Like the choice of letting Microsoft get Rare? o_O

I'm hoping and praying this doesn't happen - the Console Wars are the reason for the continued increase in quality of games and a Microsoft Monopoly would, in my oppinion, cut off nearly all innovation when it comes to console games.

Retired
Best answers
I'm actually an Xbox and microsoft fanboy (yes I dare to admit it). and I think it might be a great situation if microsoft had nintendo. I think it would definitly be a thread to Sony. which hopefull means low prices for everybody! :) gotta love competition.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
I'm actually an Xbox and microsoft fanboy (yes I dare to admit it). and I think it might be a great situation if microsoft had nintendo. I think it would definitly be a thread to Sony. which hopefull means low prices for everybody! :) gotta love competition.
cept none of the nintendo executives would go for it

they all said that they would go bankrupt before ever becoming third party

thus never gonna happen

the day yamauchi or any of that accepts an offer from microsoft to buy out nintendo is the day satan goes skiing in north dakota with jesus

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm... [woozy dream mode]
Executive: We shall never accept whatever they give! Nintendo will remain by themselfs for eternity!
Executive 2: But sir, look at all the---
Executive: I don't care!
Executive 2: But sir, just look. See how many ze---
Executive: I don't care!!
Executive 2 shows Executive.
Executive: Sold!
[/Woozy Dream Mode]

the day yamauchi or any of that accepts an offer from microsoft to buy out nintendo is the day satan goes skiing in north dakota with jesus
Maybe on south park :p.

Best answers
NO! i hope this doesnt happend i dont want nitendo to suck like microsoft does......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It amazes me how many people blindly denounce Microsoft as "suck." The very computer your using to ***** about them would never have been made if it weren't for them.

I don't think Microsoft seeks out monopolies, like the public has been led to believe. It's more like the fact that they had the earliest and best operating system and thus went on to get a massive headstart to dominating the PC field in all ways. That being said, the Xbox is a fine machine and the company has made plenty of worthwhile contributions to console gaming. More than Nintendo, in any case.

The gamecube and everything post-goldeneye has been a serious gag order from nintendo. So if Microsoft got to whip those idiots into shape I think they'd start putting out much better stuff.

More importantly than that, Sony isn't going to die off suddenly because these two "join up." That's just ridiculous. The fact is even combined, they still aren't going to have the awesome licensing that Sony has.

That will keep them above water just fine. Sony's profits won't get hurt at all, because literally millions of people are going to get PS3s and not give two craps about Luigi's next big adventure or what odd gimmick Link is going to have for his game world this time around.

And speaking of which, all this talk of Sony's "gimmick gameplay" stuff...what drugs do you people smoke?

"This time...Mario has a WATERGUN!"

"This time...Link is CEL SHADED!"

"This time...Samus is in first person!!"

"This time...we're going to slap 'Advance' on the cover of a really old game and resell it to you because your stupid ass is dumb enough to re-buy it for gameboy."

Jeeze. I think I'm going to start an anti-player hating thread.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
That being said, the Xbox is a fine machine and the company has made plenty of worthwhile contributions to console gaming. More than Nintendo, in any case.
either A. you are the victim of severe retardation, in which case I forgive you, or B. You dont think one bit before you speak

if you do recall nintendo basically created console gaming. Of course atari was around, which got people interested, and some other junk like famicom, but nintendo first caught people's attention with donkey kong in the arcades, and then got them to buy their consoles, which released amazing games compared to the famicom and atari consoles. Hence why they both went down in flames. The only reason nintendo hasnt skyrocketed in sales is because they didnt buy into the extreme-violence-exploding-heads-and-murder-of-innocent-civilians games yet. If you take note of all the games that are widely popular for each system, you will realize they are filled with extreme violence, and nintendo, up until resident evil, had not gone w/ the flow.

For example:

Halo, hailed by many as one of the greatest games for the next gen consoles, if not of all time, is filled with blood.

GTA, the powerhouses of playstation = blood and wanton killing just because its fun

Resident Evil, the game that people feel brought the gamecube out of its kiddie toy existence is filled with head chomping and close quarters shotgun pwnage.

HL2/Doom 3, the most anticipated titles of all time are both filled with head crabs and blood pools

So, you will see that the fact that Nintendo still actually tried to provide meaningful entertainment for the target audience of 10-18 year olds is what prevented them from gaining sales. So in fact it was not nintendo's fault that things went awry, but instead, the general populace's want for bloodshed.

However, as this entire bunch of blabbing might suggest, I am not a pacifist who is trying to make an outcry against violence or anything, I play the games just as much as the next person. I am just trying to explain to you the fact that nintendo's random games were only ideas in a set of rapidly narrowing possibilites for games that did not involve run, shoot, run tactics

And to be slightly on-topic, Bill Gates made an offhand remark about buying Nintendo, it was not by any means a formal request to buy the company, and as many people have said, Nintendo intends to go the way alone, whether to success or bankruptcy. And judging by all the legal actions and things they have done in the past to fight going under, I dont expect that will be happening soon, as they are still doing well.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It amazes me how many people blindly denounce Microsoft as "suck." The very computer your using to ***** about them would never have been made if it weren't for them.

I don't think Microsoft seeks out monopolies, like the public has been led to believe. It's more like the fact that they had the earliest and best operating system and thus went on to get a massive headstart to dominating the PC field in all ways. That being said, the Xbox is a fine machine and the company has made plenty of worthwhile contributions to console gaming. More than Nintendo, in any case.

The gamecube and everything post-goldeneye has been a serious gag order from nintendo. So if Microsoft got to whip those idiots into shape I think they'd start putting out much better stuff.

More importantly than that, Sony isn't going to die off suddenly because these two "join up." That's just ridiculous. The fact is even combined, they still aren't going to have the awesome licensing that Sony has.

That will keep them above water just fine. Sony's profits won't get hurt at all, because literally millions of people are going to get PS3s and not give two craps about Luigi's next big adventure or what odd gimmick Link is going to have for his game world this time around.

And speaking of which, all this talk of Sony's "gimmick gameplay" stuff...what drugs do you people smoke?

"This time...Mario has a WATERGUN!"

"This time...Link is CEL SHADED!"

"This time...Samus is in first person!!"

"This time...we're going to slap 'Advance' on the cover of a really old game and resell it to you because your stupid ass is dumb enough to re-buy it for gameboy."

Jeeze. I think I'm going to start an anti-player hating thread.
Geez i knew someone would say this i think gamecubes better then xbox end of story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom