Meteor packing an illness?

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=296907

A mysterious illeness seems to have popped up after a meteor impacted close to some village in Peru.

Boiling water started coming out of the crater
sounds like it may have hit an underground hotspring or somthing, boiling water and the "strange odor" mentioned ealier in the article.

If anyone has ever been to a hotspring you know what it smells like, Sulphurish. Im sure if the smell was strong enough that could have caused people getting ill, but I would think the distance would be fairly minimal.

If not a hotspring or other underground source of water, I wonder where the water may have come from, inside the meteorite? Im eager to see what the investigators find. How about you?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or its a new BIO weapon on field testing. The meteor just happened to be a perfect coverup to launch it after it hit ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Mystery Illness" just means they haven't bothered to actually check what's causing it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh noez the aliens are using bio-weapons.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or its a new BIO weapon on field testing. The meteor just happened to be a perfect coverup to launch it after it hit ^^
You make it sound like it's something from The Blob.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=296907

A mysterious illeness seems to have popped up after a meteor impacted close to some village in Peru.

Boiling water started coming out of the crater
sounds like it may have hit an underground hotspring or somthing, boiling water and the "strange odor" mentioned ealier in the article.

If anyone has ever been to a hotspring you know what it smells like, Sulphurish. Im sure if the smell was strong enough that could have caused people getting ill, but I would think the distance would be fairly minimal.

If not a hotspring or other underground source of water, I wonder where the water may have come from, inside the meteorite? Im eager to see what the investigators find. How about you?
I'm with you. It seems that the water is from an underground hot spring and that the strange smell is probably sulfur.

I doubt that the water came from the meteorite. If there was any frozen water on it, it would've evaporated in the atmosphere.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, when I first read this I passed it off as one of those joke sites that look like a legit news site.

But it's real? Wow.

I'd suspect radiation possibly, but the symptoms of that are pretty obvious and aren't just headaches or nausea. Hell if I know or am qualified to even guess.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Headaches and nausea can be caused by radiation sickness. Fallout from an Iridium 88 meteor could easily kill people within LOS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's not radiation(have to wonder if they've tested for it yet,) it's probably just some strange toxin, from space.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Headaches and nausea can be caused by radiation sickness. Fallout from an Iridium 88 meteor could easily kill people within LOS.
Well then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HA HA! IN YOUR FACE!!!

IN YOUR FACE CUC IT'S NOT RADIATION!
IN YOUR FACE EVERY OTHER PANICKY LITTLE MONKEY IT'S NOT AN ALIEN DISEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom