should there be meteo attacks?

• yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • naw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
KajiOni said:
These may be some interesting ideas, but do you have any idea how to impliment them?

Splitting disc attack for krillen (aka) A lovely server bomb.

The cell Jr's? lets stack up the entitys, have a few more servers drop.

You have to keep in mind, this is HL1. Some of this stuff may be possible in HL2, but HL1 is rather primitive. You have enitity limits. If to many entitys (say little AI cell jr's, discs, shields) build up and it goes over the limit, you get server crashs. They had a major problem like this in NS. Since NS has alot to do with.. buildings and AI guns, you could imagin the mapping horror it became (especialy with comm's or gorges that like to turret farm).
disc bug=fixed as far as i know. Doesnt hold up

Cell Jrs has been discussed and it is possible but no one wants to be fighting bots.

These ideas have been discussed before and shot down not because HL cant handle it, but because it would unbalance game play or make it less fun. The HL engine can handle more then people give it credit for.

Best answers
HL can handle it. But not in mass. Considering how 'fast paced' ESF is. Could you imagin what would happen if say, 5 or 6 people pull off these special attacks in plain view of everyone. It would be a disaster.

Best answers
Not necessarily......your not giving the HL engine enough credit. Like we said...its been discussed and the cell Junior bots would be possible....and it wouldnt lag too much at all. But it would just imbalance the game

And with the disc bug gone....thats not even an issue now.

And as for rezoku's or genocide etc...theres some crazy auras and effects and such out there that look insanely huge and good but dont lag too badly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remember guys u can't use these meteo attack everytime.. the bar takes a while to charge up, maybe like every half hour, or maybe when u get 20 kills i dont kno, or 20 deaths

Best answers
disc bug= fixed
cell jr- do you have any other ideas for him?
many ppl in open plain- in the time it takes it to charge,
that has no chance of happening. no chance.
same thing, you can say that 5 gokus are chrging sb,
it will cause bad lag.

Best answers
some metro attack ideas (good idea)

buu = genocide
goku = not sure (maybe bounce spirit bomb off team mate make it unblocable or somthing)
gohan = rage adds 1 mil pl (only during the attack) then unleashes a combo thats unblockable then is left drained of energy
cell = can drain them of energy using his tail
krillin = teleport be hind them then charge a mini distrocto disk slit the slected enemys thought
vegeta = slam attack (vegta dodges a punch the punches them though the gut (you now whwn his hand goes right though them))
trunks = sword stab followed by a sword combo
picoilo = tri form (splits in to 3 after you make a combo then all 3 do the combo making blocking 3 times harder)
friezer = uber laser (his laser attack is an instent kill for the next 3 uses)

Best answers
1.picoilo?!?!? an unknown char!?!?!?!!?
2. the ideas you gave are a bit un-balanced,
gohan has the most powerful, but trunks has a weak
meteo attack if your *gpas* ideas for attacks goes in.
maybe more balaced meteo attacks can help this work out the best way and add another aspect into esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uub said:
if u watchd buu eps.. when majin vegeta had no choice but to self destruct he turnd into stone and died. thats how it stays!
He didnt turn to stone, he just got overwhelmed by his energy, and then didnt quite get disintegrated, so he got turned to ash.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Posted by NESS
He didnt turn to stone, he just got overwhelmed by his energy, and then didnt quite get disintegrated, so he got turned to ash.
well disintegration is turning to ash but i stil thikk he just gatherd all his energy in himself and released it blowing up his bodey in the proces

Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
Anyone here played NBA Street Vol 2??? Sounds weird...but GAMEBREAKERS. K, your fighting...you build up a little meter as your playing..when its full for the first time..you can use it,, but its not too too effective or horribly fantastic or you can save it.

K, now after you save it you have two options...wait till you build up a Level 2 Gamebreaker which is absolutely devastating and fantastic...or cancel the opposing team's gamebreaker.

Now apply that to this idea...you fill up your meter the first time...you can pull of an attack thats not too spectacular or damaging. Or you save it....later on, some one trys to pull a meteo on you and you cancel theirs (a little strategy there) or they even try to pull off a Level 2 Meteo and you use your breaker to pull off a cool looking block where you take some damage,,but nothing compared to what could have happened.

Level 1 meteos could just be a basic combo with a nice finish blow or something.

Level 2 = the big stuff...genocide...orr my fav VEGETA REZOKU FREAK OUT (best moments in DBZ are when he flips and starts throwin ki balls like nuts)
Didn't I say that, only with one level?

Best answers
Perphaps, but i added the second level....adds a bit more depth and strategy (well i didnt, a Basketball game did, I just transposed it to esf)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not sure about two levels... the only one level would be fine, what i suggested the first post.. just tweak on the special meteo attacks each would get

Best answers
Didn't read everything, so sue me.

I like the idea of a meteor attack, but why not bring back the Desperation Attacks from DBZ Hyper Dimension? Those were awesome, they'd work in Melee if you're under like 10 Health. You'd like pull off a crazy combo, the only one I remember right now is Vegeta's, he'd grab the opponent, jump up, throw them to the ground and shoot like a million ki shots at them, following it up with a HUGE blast. It hurt. A lot.

Best answers
good idea, but the names could use a bit of work, meteo attack... i think theres plenty of room for improvement. i hope they do add moves like this in the later versions, id look forward to it

Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
I think this sounds interesting but not pratical in the sence that who ever is kicking the most butt at the time will get his super move faster to kill even more people. As a server admin/owner I can see this as being the single biggest complaint amongst new commers (aka noobs).
Very true, but it can be balanced out quite easily in my opinon.
1st off awesome idea imKongKong. Lets look at it from another perspective. This meteo atk won't rely on Ki, i play esf so much yet i can't remember the other bars lol. Okay how about this idea, meteo atks use up CF bar. The bar required for transformations. You could have it that after an indivdual uses the meteo atk, their CF bar drops down to half. We all know how hard it is to gather enough for a transformation. SO you could look at this atk sorta like an atk that can only be done in SSJ form. This is my opinon on balancing it, although i can't say what type of atk and when it should be used. Why, because it wasn't my idea. :cool:

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
its called Limit Break

Best answers
Lol if your playin FF maybe

Meteos would work good with a rage bar.....especially with the new melee sys...say a noob is gettin tooled on by someone whose pretty darn good at bustin out the combos. The more hits (not strong or weak,,,just hits...encourages players to finish their opponents faster) the more the rage bar goes up. When the rage bar is maxed....have a combo preset (like the current combos...but longer and more complicated). I dunno...something like that would be cool

Best answers
I think you'll find Cheeto that yes, the person who suggested this WAS talking about FF7, and he got the name wrong.

Anyways, I don't know if I like this idea. Not based on kills or some bar. It means people that are winning will win a bit more. *shrugs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like the based on winning.. i prefer my way where it would slowly grow.. maybe able to use every 20-30 mintes.. thats how slowly it would grow.. and it shouldn't be juss cool combos.. i still prefer that buu has the genocide attack for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom