Metamods/Pluggins/AMX

Best answers
ok i am a COMPLETE newbie.. to this type of stuff... but what i am shooting for is a AMX/ metamod server..
i have my addons in my ESF folder.. and i have metamod/dll's in the right directory as well but when i do a server console check "meta version" i get nothing back..
i have downloaded KWS's package load which is AWESOMe.. but i cant get the damn thing to work... here is link..

http://esf-world.com/download.php?file_id=701

also if anyone has any links for pluggins ect please post i have searched for hours and only found 3 pluggins for ESF.. i think what we need to do is start a ESF pluggin meta mod site which can operate pluggins that work for ESF..

but anyways thats what i downloaded and i have addons folder in esf folder and not working at all maybe it wasnt zipped right because its a rar file?? no idea but need some help badly want to setup a ded server let me know whats up!

Best answers
well its been about 10+ hours of trying to get this stuff to work..
no luck what so ever if anyone knows what i should do PLEASE let me know

Best answers
BTW i have the file setup in metamod with KWS's setup
i have it stuck in the properties for dedicated server like this
-dll addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll
when i click start server it starts to load and when it finishes it just dissapears..
and to double check my settings i tried default meta setting and did same for CS folder and worked fine... although i didnt know how to get the pluggins to work correctly.. but.. never the less when i type conbsole command meta version it worked...
but when i do the same with KWS setup it just dissapears...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xpulse said:
i have my addons in my ESF folder.. and i have metamod/dll's in the right directory as well but when i do a server console check "meta version" i get nothing back..

U also modified your liblist.gam to link to metamod's dll ?

Best answers
no i never seen a liblist anywhere in any of the files

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In your esf directory is file called liblist.gam and it looks like that:

Code:
//  Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1.2.1"
size "300000000"							
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
gamedll_linux "linuxdlls/hl_i386.so"

there is a line:
Code:
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
just comment it by putting // before this line and add another line that links to your mm dll.

like this:
Code:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

the whole thing could look like this:

Code:
//  Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1.2.1"
size "300000000"							
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
//gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
Hopy u got it now ;)

Best answers
ok so lets say i wanted to put in the fun module which is fun_amx.dll
it would look like this...

//gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
//gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\fun_amx.dll"

or should it be this way

//gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\fun_amx.dll"

Sorry not trying to be a pain just am a newb want to know how the coding lines work break points ect...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell are you doing. There is no "fun_amx.dll" You link that in your amxx folder.

This is why it doesnt work for most people. Its cause people don't know what I am talking about most of the time. (I dont even know what I am talking about most of the time)

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*confused* argh what are u doing, Allright slow and easy will be fine, so listen. Metamod is your "engine" to run amxmod to get your engine running u've got to start mm by liking the gameddl to the mm dll, k ? when that is done u have to define amxx as a plugin of mm, do this in the config.ini of mm. Now if u managed it to get mm and amxx working u can add funmodule by checking the modules.ini in your amxx/config directory, and and do me a favour and jsut think about, what a file called Reame might be ment to be.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh kws said himself there is a bug in that. YOur not going to get it to work. just use amx mod its easier to work with. i dont care what other people say even if they do test for amxx mod or w/e

your best bet is amx mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it isnt. You will have to go through the same crap with AMX. Start by getting metamod. Put it in the proper folder.

Then download AMXx mod put it proper folder.

Then link metamod to the amxx core. simple as that.
It would be the saem instructions with amx mod, but amx mod is crappeh. Thier current update was just to satisify some people wanting it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not for me, i didn't have to do any of that... I just dled amx mod, put it in my addons folder took a few comments out and added a few, made myself admin and i was done.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever. That AMX mod was made without the origional creator's concent.
While AMXx was made by the origional creators concent.

You still have to have metamod, no matter what.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amx mod comes with meta mod....

When amx mod x becomes easier to use ill use that but until then. ill stick with amx mod too many people are complaing about it not working

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
When amx mod x becomes easier to use ill use that but until then. ill stick with amx mod too many people are complaing about it not working
XD Thats the biggest load of crap I have seen about it.

AMXx works like a charm, and they arrange the files better than AMX does. Plus all you have to do is get the sources and re-compile them inside AMXx, and poof backwards compatibility rox.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not in my perspective its not. I hear all this crap about it. So i tend to just lay off. I can understand why its easier for you because your a tester and you understand it better than i do. You know it inside and out. All i know about amx mod is how to get it working on my server.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Off topic: I am no longer a tester, I just run a server. AMX is completely unorginized. AMXx is orginized. Simple as that. (lets get back on topic)

On topic: My package doesnt work cause I don't feel like updateing it until the next version of AMXx comes out. (and the Technology preview doesnt count). Waht I reccommend you do is go to www.amxmodx.org and ask for help in the help section. Sort your ideas out on exactly whats wrong etc, and post a detailed post there. Or post it here, if you feel like a one on one with me.

Something I forgot to ask:
Do you run a AMD 64 bit machine or a Linux Machine?

Best answers
If he was to be running a Linux machine, how would you go about installing amx/amxx/metamod etc. since you guys seem to know every little detail about these admin tools, mabye you could write up a nice little tutorial. An easy to read, fully linked and working tutorial.

Most everything we've tried doesn't work, we've been through a number of "installs" but most of the time they are windows based, which is starting to get aggrovating. Unfortunetly without AMX and without 1.2.2, we're subject to server crashes due to a bug in 1.2.1 which causes ki-blobs to create something in the server, which after a period of time, crashes the server.

Any help in this field would be appreciated.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now I am confused. Why are you asking about linux for your machine?
If you were smart you would know to install 1.2, then 1.2.1, finally installing the other file for a 2.2.5 glibc.

Metamod and AMXx would be set up the same way, exept you download the Linux files.

Best answers
You make it sound so simple, but I'm not sure your speaking from experience - have you actually installed 1.2, 1.2.1, 2.2.5 glibc, Metamod and AMXx/AMX on a linux machine?

As far as I know, Metamod works, but refuses to run, the latest version of amx won't work and we havn't tried amxx. We have our servers running quite nicely, there isn't a problem except for the server crash due to a bug in 1.2.1 which we think is curable by having amx installed.

What we need is someone who's been able to do it.
That or we watch as our community dies as we wait for 1.2.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom