Metal Gear Solid Movie Confirmed

Best answers
I can see Hugh Jackman looking the part, but I dont know if he could pull it off.

The Snake Re-design for Mgs was based off Kurt, not Terminator guy.

Any Ideas for the supporting roles?

Julia Roberts for Meryl...Ugh..not.

I personally would prefer to see an Mgs movie, the same actor playing Solid and Liquid Snake would be totally badass.

Best answers
MGS Movie???!??!??!! O_O

WTF I didn't expect that! Anyways, can't wait to hear some more info :)

Colonel: "Snake! Yo Snake!! SNAKE!!!
Snake: "STFU!!! I'm alive!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd much prefer a CG movie, really.

After all, we're all used to seeing all the characters in computer animation anyway, so it might be worth their while to make it CG instead of trying to find actor to play the characters, because you KNOW that will disappoint people, no matter HOW good of a job they do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i'd like to have an animated too, more like anime styled, either way, the original metal gear solid is a must. Think about it, Vulcan Raven, Grey fox and, Liquid Snake with his toys (Hind and Rex), And in my opinion the game would definitely have the harry gregson william's music from the original Mgs, because it makes it more fast paced in combat scenes, also it generally sounds nicer than the 'hiphopi'ish' music in TS.

What i'm wondering is , that will the movie get any good if it's only like 2 hours long ? All of the Metal Gear solid's games are long with a great storyline so i wonder how can they manage to 'prune' it to 2 hours or so.

Also, in my opinion the acted versions of games usually end up being ruined, and pretty much ruin the game with all these people, who haven't actually played any Mg's at all.

Edit:
Oh and here's a little comparison between the GC and psx/pc edition of Metal Gear Solid 1.

Mgs psx
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D-xKzg6n1EA

Mgs TS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUvZsQZ7YWc

As you can see, the Voice Casting is way exaggerated compared to psx one, They don't act so 'naturally' as they used to, though twin snakes have pretty nice fighting scene.

Atleast if they're going to make it acted one, i think Snake's Voice actor David Haytor should dub it over (professionally done, ofc.)

Best answers
Oh my god... live action??? noo!! I really wish they would do it all with CG just like the cutscenes are in the actual game, but i guess with more detail. That's what I loved about the games so much, the cut scenes, made you feel like you were playing a movie, and if they made a whole like 2 hour cutscene kinda thing id be in heaven.

Best answers
Cg seems like the way to go, as long as it is done well.

Btw, Harry Gregson Williams didnt do the music for Mgs1, He came onboard for Mgs2.

That original techno-y Mgs theme song actually has the slower melody that became the new theme song towards the end, I think it was cut out of the original game, if you've got mgs2, pop in the extras disc and watch the mgs 1 trailers and you'll see what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom