Merry Christmas

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Uh, Force Pit isn't accessed by money. So, what you're actualy suggesting is that non-force pit users pretty much never get any pre-release content. I think. I suppose. Maybe?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm imo using the forcepit thing against other ppl is rather sad.
If that is what makes you feel superior to actually make such statement that is.

If proven otherwise, just ignore me =)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You seem to have missed the point of the post, and yes you get forcepit either by donating 5 dollars or being selected for testing/access by a team member.

The point of the post being about the ridiculous amount of entitlement everyone seems to have for getting shit for free.

And it's not a "thing". The people in the Force pit are all forum members who contributed to the forum or game in someway. I, myself, was a tester for a while and have been around since 2002 right after the first release of 1.1.

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we don't do the donation thing anymore, not for the last 6 or 7 years at least. So you either get promoted by us for contributing to the community or you get elected by the other force pit members.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unless you're dutchmeat who got in by donating recently

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess to Skyrider lol, I remember a few years ago he offered to donate and Sky gave him access.

Best answers
Ok, i'm not going to ruin anything but I just say the trailer before it got taken down and the only thing I'm going to say is

Oh My ******* God, it is a very beautifully put :)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
--- edit ---

You seem to have missed the point of the post, and yes you get forcepit either by donating 5 dollars or being selected for testing/access by a team member.

The point of the post being about the ridiculous amount of entitlement everyone seems to have for getting shit for free.

And it's not a "thing". The people in the Force pit are all forum members who contributed to the forum or game in someway. I, myself, was a tester for a while and have been around since 2002 right after the first release of 1.1.

Mm, yeah, no, I got your point, I just didn't express myself correctly... intended the post to be light hearted. My bad.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dutch chipped in for thr newer forum licence as far as I know.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dutch chipped in for thr newer forum licence as far as I know.
hmm I think we should have discussed that in a meeting, I don't want a public debate about it but let's bring that up on sunday.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a possibly related note, Dutch has FP but he doesn't have a green name.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider did something for him because he wanted to pretend he wasn't in the pit

He used to have a username image that was an orange name

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm I think we should have discussed that in a meeting, I don't want a public debate about it but let's bring that up on sunday.
Would love to but I'm still running a tablet. So I can't join ts.

Best answers
To the ESF Team. I wish you all a very belated and happy Christmas, as well as a enjoyable and fruitful new year filled with opportunities, adventures, and surprises. I have been a long time follower of ESF and I have enjoyed every moment of it. The memories and laughs with friends, the moments of running away from friends in the same room whom you just stomped into the ground. The trailers you have shown of the work so far are of superb quality and dedication showing to the work and passion you all have. I wish I could convey my gratitude for the inspiration you give to your dedication, as well as the nostalgia from childhood memories, and to the hopes of what will be. All I can say is strive for the next day, keep up the amazing work, and I will be here waiting with an eager smile for every update that comes till the day we can all enjoy the tremendous work you've given us all to enjoy. Walk forwards with your heads held high, look to the next day of this new year, and keep the awesome, drool inducing, and mind numbing updates that we've all come to enjoyable look at with wide eyes (myself included with all my friend that I shove any video, and/or picture at across steam). Cheers to the best and many to come ESF Dev team.

Sincerely,
Guppy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom