ment to be in game or exploit?

Best answers
Mm the thing im wondering on about is hitting a player to the ground, or throwing, so that they begin to roll. Once this is done a player can hit the person 5 times in a row, this is the maxium ive seen it anyways. It has to be done at a certain angle or you cant keep the player rolling, thus not being able to hit them. Anyways, if the devs. could put a response to this id much appreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
evilpenquin said:
Mm the thing im wondering on about is hitting a player to the ground, or throwing, so that they begin to roll. Once this is done a player can hit the person 5 times in a row, this is the maxium ive seen it anyways. It has to be done at a certain angle or you cant keep the player rolling, thus not being able to hit them. Anyways, if the devs. could put a response to this id much appreciate it.
I think it'll be fixed later to make it less cheap....but its effective and I do it all the time I have the chance :devgrin:

Best answers
it wasn't ment to be in game this way, but the double/triple hitting was ment to be in
atm you can hit a player twice, and if he hits the ground or the wall twice more, and so on

Best answers
of course itll be taken out...any time anyone has figured out how to hit someone more than once it has eventually been taken out of the game....for some reason everyone seems to think that its cheap to be able to do it...like u said it has to be done at a certain angle or it wont work right?...so y is it concidered cheap if someone learns how to do it all the time?...id say if they spent the time to learn how to do it then they should be able to do it as much as they want without it being labeled "cheap" by ppl that dont know how to defend against it...*shrug*

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea, from what youre saying, if someone has the time to compile aimbot for esf and spends time to use it, it shouldn't be cheap at all...

But my oppinion of the throw is that if you're playing someone you 'respect' then don't do it, or if they ask you to stop do so just use other tactics...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personly loved to do the 5 hit combo it was very easy for me to do based on the way i played, and at the time i never played anyone else who did it as good as me. So i did all the time. When it was done on my i didt think it was cheap or anything of the sort, i liked the challenge.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of challenge is it if you can't fight back?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
of course itll be taken out...any time anyone has figured out how to hit someone more than once it has eventually been taken out of the game....for some reason everyone seems to think that its cheap to be able to do it

Any time? You mean, the one time when they changed the melee system? They didn't take it out becuase it was cheap either, they took it out becuase they wanted to change the melee system and make it more complex. Maybe you should speak out of your mouth instead of your ass.

...like u said it has to be done at a certain angle or it wont work right?...so y is it concidered cheap if someone learns how to do it all the time?...id say if they spent the time to learn how to do it then they should be able to do it as much as they want without it being labeled "cheap" by ppl that dont know how to defend against it...*shrug*
Yeah, they spent the second it takes to learn that if a player is rolling and you hover above them, you can hit them until they die... only having to move minimally. Not cheap at all, that's just raw skill, I wish I could just hover over people and get a free kill, but I just don't have that kind of skill. I'd like to learn how to defend against it too, but it's impossible, there is NO WAY to defend against it... unless your opponent decides to stop. Uub, people like to play a fair and balanced game. If you think hovering over somoene getting unlimited hits, doing absolutley nothing is skillful and fair, then you just have no idea what makes a good game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for me it really hard to do that. I mean its easy for double-quatruple hits in the air, but i cant get there fast enough/get there too fast when they roll on the ground. I don't like the fact that Im just rolling around while someone just taps a button taking all my health away. I ain't sayin it's easy to do, just annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually when people do this, the player is slowly rolling , and they just hover over him, hitting him continuosly keeping him at that slow rolling speed. It is an exploit becuase hitting them against the ground while they're rolling shouldn't be considered bouncing them off the wall, becuase they're already on the ground. If you were to hit someone 5 times in the air bouncing them off walls like gohan does to me all the time, then it's different. not only becuase it actually requires some skill, but I'm actually being hit into walls, instead of just rolling on it and getting hit until I die.

Best answers
Ye so...as you can see the players are divided on this...so if a dev could say something...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Any time? You mean, the one time when they changed the melee system? They didn't take it out becuase it was cheap either, they took it out becuase they wanted to change the melee system and make it more complex. Maybe you should speak out of your mouth instead of your ass.

Yeah, they spent the second it takes to learn that if a player is rolling and you hover above them, you can hit them until they die... only having to move minimally. Not cheap at all, that's just raw skill, I wish I could just hover over people and get a free kill, but I just don't have that kind of skill. I'd like to learn how to defend against it too, but it's impossible, there is NO WAY to defend against it... unless your opponent decides to stop. Uub, people like to play a fair and balanced game. If you think hovering over somoene getting unlimited hits, doing absolutley nothing is skillful and fair, then you just have no idea what makes a good game.

Perhaps you your self should talk out of you mouth instead of your ass. You cant just hitsomone unlimited times if there rolling on the ground, the most you can hit them is 5 times. It helps to read what other people say before you try to talk down on somone.

I know this to be true because in my eyes was the the first to completely whore this move on anyone i could, and i maxed out at 5 hits every time, and im pretty sure joe told me that the max "combo" you can do in esf 1.2.x is 5

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh god, i can do this combo pretty easy man, there is no skill in hitting a rolling target at a certain angle all you gotta do is not touch the floor :\, what i try to do is hit em in the air and teleport above them, hitting them wen i can get the chance. I dont know if this is ment to be in the game but it is cheap, i mean 5 hits for the price of one? Something like Phat said about Gohan being able to bounce you of walls and hit you 5 times, i'd consider that skill, because its ****ing *****ing hard to do O_O a lot more control needed and a lot more practice, and ki control and positioning, angles, etc etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow1586 said:
Perhaps you your self should talk out of you mouth instead of your ass. You cant just hitsomone unlimited times if there rolling on the ground, the most you can hit them is 5 times. It helps to read what other people say before you try to talk down on somone.

I know this to be true because in my eyes was the the first to completely whore this move on anyone i could, and i maxed out at 5 hits every time, and im pretty sure joe told me that the max "combo" you can do in esf 1.2.x is 5
As if the fact that it stops at 5 completley justifies the exploit. It doesn't becuase first of all, it still doesn't change the fact that you're not bouncing the victim off the floor, you're just rolling them along. Regardless, 90% of the victims die from this, usually before the 5th hit, so theres a marginal chance that you can survive, but even then, have fun with your 10-20 health. The details of the exploit don't really matter, the fact is, it's an exploit, and it needs to be fixed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
What kind of challenge is it if you can't fight back?
The fact i know they can do it as good as i can makes it a challenge to not get hit ;)

And I dont see how this is an "exploit" all it is a combo. how will you fix it? Stop the rolling factor? Stop the simple melee combos? Or is it in the map? I for one hate people who whine and ***** about things they dont like being done to them that they cant do themselves or just dont like so they slap the "exploit" title to it. I think the team should leave it in. God forbid there is somthing in esf to make the game hard on some of these "pros".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is ridiculous. If you think hitting an almost stationary target over and over again untill it dies is skill you must be insane. If you can bounce a guy off of 4 walls and score a hit each time while he is actually in motion, more power to ya. The 'technique' in question is an exploit pure and simple. "But, Pain, not everyone can do it so it must be skill!" No, I'm sorry, just no. That's like saying the Trunks throw/hit exploit is skill. It's a bug in the game, it's not supposed to be there. It's an exploit. All you people defending it probably like feeling high and mighty when you pummel a guy that can't defend himself. Even in the old versions, if you could combo a guy untill he died it's probably because he was stuck on a corner and couldn't move. That is an exploit, this is no different. "But, Pain, he can defend himself. all he has to do is not get hit in the first place!" The double hit crap is bad enough, this is a lot worse. This is like saying that if you get hit once you're dead. The game isn't supposed to be played with technical one hit kills. "But, Pain, what about all the time I spent learning this 'technique'. If it gets taken out I'll have to *gasp* FIGHT THEM ON EVEN TERMS. SAY IT AINT SO!!" Yes I'm sorry, it's such a high price for us lesser beings to ask for a bit of fairness.

For anyone that is going to come in here and say we only want to get rid of it because we can't do it... Well I can't speak for everyone, but I can do it as well as the Trunks exploit, and I still think they are exploits.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow1586 said:
The fact i know they can do it as good as i can makes it a challenge to not get hit ;)

And I dont see how this is an "exploit" all it is a combo. how will you fix it? Stop the rolling factor? Stop the simple melee combos? Or is it in the map? I for one hate people who whine and ***** about things they dont like being done to them that they cant do themselves or just dont like so they slap the "exploit" title to it. I think the team should leave it in. God forbid there is somthing in esf to make the game hard on some of these "pros".

I can do this sure. It's easy. If you say certain people can't do it something is wrong with you. Any one can do it, you hardly have to move. But I choose not to do this. It takes the fun out of the game. It's like fighting a stationary bot, that doesn't block, shoot beams, do melee or any of that. It's just plain boring. And if the max is five, then we have some hackers on our hands. I've seen people do over five. I've also seen people do five or less to kill them, so i guess it doesn't matter now does it?

Best answers
Snow1586 said:

the logic u just stated makes no sense - for instance when u talk about whining - its because the person doesn't understand how to do it and u disregard this completely and just keep using it against them anyways. ive played many mods and have encountered quite a bit of people like u. thank god i enjoy this game because otherwise ur losing a lot of newcomers to be "skillful" towards to

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Usually when people do this, the player is slowly rolling , and they just hover over him, hitting him continuosly keeping him at that slow rolling speed. It is an exploit becuase hitting them against the ground while they're rolling shouldn't be considered bouncing them off the wall, becuase they're already on the ground. If you were to hit someone 5 times in the air bouncing them off walls like gohan does to me all the time, then it's different. not only becuase it actually requires some skill, but I'm actually being hit into walls, instead of just rolling on it and getting hit until I die.
Yeah there are way fancier ways to do it, just think a little :eek:
You do that trick when you wanna kill someone, not when you wanna play with that person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow1586 said:

If you think that this exploit is skill... hell, even IF it wasn't an exploit, and you thought that this was skill, I just can't argue with you. You think that floating above someone and holding down the simple melee button until they die is skillful, then you sir, have a very LOW standard for skill.

It's not an exploit becuase of the multiple hits, If you can hit someone 5 times by bouncing them off walls and ceilings, then you deserve those hits. But that isn't the case here. I've already explained several times whatmakes this an exploit. Apparently you just aren't reading, let me make it clear for you...

YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY HITTING THE PLAYER OFF OF THE FLOOR, YOU'RE JUST HITTING THEM OVER AND OVER WHILE THEY'RE ROLLING ON IT.

The extra hits are meant to be acheived if you hit a player against a wall. one hit against a wall allows you to get one extra hit, that is, if they bounced off of it. HOWEVER, here you hit them against the floor and while they roll you keep hitting them. So technically since they're already on the floor, you're not hitting them against it anymore, so you shouldn't be granted anymore hits after the first contact of the floor. That's why it's an exploit, but it won't matter how many times I explain it. People are still going to say the same things over and over.

Pain gave a really good example, when somoene got stuck on a wall in the older versions, you could hit them until hey died or finally got unstuck. Did you think that was skillful? It's the same deal here. Another good example is back in 1.1 if someone started lagging, they wouldn't move, you could swoop up to them and hit them until they either stopped lagging or died, is that skill too? No, those are all bugs, and when you take advantage of a bug to give you an upperhand, we call that an exploit. I think that most people that defend exploits, don't even know what one really is, it seems more of an ignorance issue than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom