Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
homesickness said:
are you talking to me?

1.) Obviously he is.

2.) I agree with him, just not necessarily his attitude about it. Then again, you are treating people who use melee like ****, which is very uncool. Melee is the most difficult area of the game to master. In fact, it could be argued that it is the only difficult part to master.

And trust me, none of those tactics work against anyone who is experienced with melee. The disc tactic is lame. Talk about abusing attacks.

Lastly, 1.1 melee is related to ki. If you mean "power level" then you're just being ridiculous. Oh yes, Saiyans should win at everything shouldn't they? I'm sorry but that's ludicris, and it isn't going to happen. There will be struggles in 1.2 but there is no word as to what will determine the outcome.

And at the person who complained about melee users complaining about beams:

Beams are cheap as hell when they are used against people who are fighting each other and have no time to run away from your beams. Realistically that is who people that use beams target 95% of the time, because if they see you charging it up, they will get out of the way. It's cheap to stab someone in the back, and so abusing beams is cheap.

Melee is not repetative and boring if you know how to do it either. Well, repatative maybe, but how are beams not repetative?

Best answers
to me honestly the melee is lame right now wether your good with it or bad it gets boring its too dry and i think that many team members agree that its too dry and thats why its being changed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
homesickness said:
counter melee 1:

get piccolo to nv2, teleport + scatter shot with the 2 buttons pressed, gg melee lameness.

counter melee 2:

get cell, make a disk and throw and catch fast the disk to everywhere, gg melee lameness.

counter melee 3:

well that's my little secret :D

every melee lammer i've found i used theses tatics and worked, why? cuz they are too ****in n00bs to use something except melee :D

You know, melee in 1.1 has become as lame as awp on cs. Is overpower and used by noobs all around the world who seens to have sexual issues.

but crying about melee is lame too, so stfu nb and go play with bots.

melee in 1.2 should be related with the ki, should have some kind of melee strugle, just like in the anime when they face each other and start throwing punches and defending it.
AHHAHHHAAHHAHHAHAHA
you remind me of some guy i was fighting that was wrong about everything.
"DONT USE TRUNKS"
"DONT TELE"
"OMG DONT MELEE YOU NOOB"

seriously though.... where do you get off thinking that sitting or jumping or floating around with a beam is any more difficult that flying around at higher speeds and connecting hits with your opponent. unfortunatly for us noob meleer's we have no long range weapon, and we cant detonate our fist to kill a guy thats not even close.

as for your tactics... none of them would work.

Best answers
i agree with lynxy up there but god damn u guys gotta respond to the question the question was
is there a way to disable the melee?
yes there is if it is ur server all you do is press ` to bring down console then type in mp_melee 0 but im not encouraging to do it too much try to get some practice with bots like everyone says :) good luck

I dont agree with you that are being lame saying melee is for noobs that is not true melee is good how it is now as long as the people ur fighting arent total how`s then it gets annoying heh but if u get good with bots then u can still beat people even if they do how /headon alot..o well just my 2 cents

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's AMAZING to me that people think melee is for new guys even though beams are a H-*-*-L of a easier to charge up and fire at people then it is to teleport around and hit someone in the back. People have GOT to find a more accurate insult to throw around.

Best answers
heh, personally i think people have GOT to stop *****ing about the god damn game and just friggin play. I mean, if they werent so busy typin smack maybe they wouldnt get melee'd all over the map quite so much.

I mean, come on, melee is the main point of the game whether anyone likes it or not and no amount of complaining is gonna change it.

1.2 will roll around and everything will be different. New melee system, a few new attacks, and of course, all new complaints.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
homesickness said:
counter melee 1:
You know, melee in 1.1 has become as lame as awp on cs. Is overpower and used by noobs all around the world who seens to have sexual issues.
[sarcasm]Yes.... melee is absolutley like the AWP in CS[/sarcasm]

That's just ridiculous, you have no idea what you're talking about.

All of your "counters" can ba easily avoided by an average player. I know pretty much everyone has been saying this, but i also cannot beleive the ignorance in the line "melee is for noobs" or "nubs" as some of you like to put it. Melee takes MUCH more skill than beams. I'd like any of these people to tell me exactly in what way is it harder to use a beam then it is to use melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFG

melee is supost to own!

jeebus havent u ever watched dbz???!??

99% of all battles in dbz are melee so wtf u saying that its over powered? ITS SUPOST TO BE GOOD! AND UR SUPOST TO BE USING IT THATS WHY ITS SO GOOD!!

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or!

why dont you just block them? can you not use the block button on your keyboard?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
block button whats that???? kinda like putting youre hands before youre eyes making a stronghold of it so u wont be blown back by the punch and it can give u the upperhand in a fight??????

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
block button whats that???? kinda like putting youre hands before youre eyes making a stronghold of it so u wont be blown back by the punch and it can give u the upperhand in a fight??????

yep, just that buddy boy. Alot of people misjudge the block button, and call people block whores and lamers. Just ignore these ignorant people, because constant blocking is just like being a sitting duck. Anyway, if you dont like the melee, go play something else, because frankly you wont stand much chance in the world of esf without it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
[off topic]
unfortunatly for us noob meleer's we have no long range weapon, and we cant detonate our fist to kill a guy thats not even close.
OMGATION!!!
you jsut gave me a gr8 idea for seggestions!!!!!
like that Buu and Piccolo can make his hand longer...
and punch or whatever!!!
I'll thread this up!
[/off topic]
[on]
all these talkings bout 1.2 beta meelee just makes me :drull:!!!
it is very hard to Master the meelee with all the combos
but that is what combos are for - to be found eventually!
[off]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom