melee

Best answers
I was wondering if maybe the right click on melee could be lessend in how far a person goes or somthign because i find that it is highly abused and hae observed many people dislike how some players enjoying knocking a person around constantly without doing the left click attack and i persoanly find just getting randmly beaten down by a SS to be frustrating when i hit lag and am to slow to get away. so possibly there could be a reduction on how far your get hit, how much damage it does or do somthing but it really just ruins the game for alot of people... just a thought :\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its already been said that basic melee (or right click melee, kicking etc) is gonna be made harder in 1.3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank god! Im sorry but the bots freaking abuse that to no end. Its an awesome thing to have when you spin someone into the ground or a mountain then blow there faces off with a huge beam but it's really abused....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i hate it when thats the only thign they use, i dont know how to counter it, and frankly you shouldnt be that cheap int he first place.

Use adv melee, so the other person at least has a chance to level up, or just find a way to spam them away.

Best answers
Thank you Jesus!!! its just so annoying when u join a server adn all tehy do is kick u acorss an arena, i meen i do it from time to time but i use adv melee much more :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah melee is being tweaked so its not so repeitive...

But what it looks liek to me is that you are suggesting to make the game more newcomer friendly, which is a good intention, but what about the people who have developed skills? I perosnally like to mix everything, cuz I personally find 100% basic melee is broing.

It's not necesarrily there fault they are better. Using advanced melee as much is just the same kind of 'spamming' just a a slower level. In a refular video game, a boss might have less hp than you, should he be given less hit points for you to keep up or should you get good neough to beat him?

Best answers
good point, more what im asking is that when a new comer enters the game, the ones that have been there are verty stronge no doubt, but ina melee fight they arnt repetivly getting spamed with kicks, i understand its more real when they do get killed faster, thats fine but its a game too so keep taht in mind and if u just enter a game what fun is it when ur fighting and suddenly ur being bounced aroudn the arena by a ss, there has to be some sort of middle ground

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if I play someone and its obvious they cant keep up, i usally never stack them again unless they attack me. Everything else is just the basic troubles of online games, can't control others' actions

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well if I play someone and its obvious they cant keep up, i usally never stack them again unless they attack me. Everything else is just the basic troubles of online games, can't control others' actions
yes this i understand, but again ur right u cant control teh actions of other players, maybe to make it fair the admisn could have the ability to cause "no attack rules" for example, the admin turns this on and when lets say the jerk who liek to pound on the person continues to melee him, after the 3r or 4th kill when the jerk tries to attack them again the person cant send them flying, like the person that was getting th ebeat down has an auto defence so like they chrage them and they cnt hit em, same goes for the new comer and they have to wait say 20 seconds until they can hit eachother. Again this would be admin controlable so if theres very few ppl then they disable it if they want but it would cause more tactical aprouches to fighting for once

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hey look trunks is weak and goku is the best say about goku something trunks's power level it's not quite mutch

Best answers
Because I like simple melee and use it 99% of the time, doesn't give you the right to disallow me to use it. Simple melee is tactical enough as it now, it just needs speed to make it harder (and more fun) to use. I guess it would be cool if you could link simple and adv melee to create some sort of supercombo(?). That would allow/force you to use both for maximum damage.

Best answers
Carnage said:
Because I like simple melee and use it 99% of the time, doesn't give you the right to disallow me to use it. Simple melee is tactical enough as it now, it just needs speed to make it harder (and more fun) to use. I guess it would be cool if you could link simple and adv melee to create some sort of supercombo(?). That would allow/force you to use both for maximum damage.
Well if u let teh other player get up and fight back if they have a low pl then its fine to use it alot, or when u attack more than just the same person unless u two are going at it, but if ur just chasing down the same 2 people the whole time then thats just abuse of the ability

Best answers
Ya, ok, chasing the same person is pretty lame. Some people ask for it though (intentionally or not) but even then it's not a very nice thing to do. Giving admins the power is a bad idea, as some tend to be quite infantile at certain times. The problem is that melee is a bit too... repetive and simplistic, making it annoying for whoever doesn't like it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People complain about simple melee because they cant defend against it, the fact is they're either stubborn in their ways or scared of trying it and refuse to learn the theory/attack patterns behind it. In 1.1 it was scary how good players were, and it was really fun but i found it got a little repetative after a while, i considered it a little unballanced as when you were hit you werent in control of what happened to you anymore. When i started playing 1.2 all i did was advanced melee, I was bored of the simple melee from the 1.1 days. Although i was rather good at advanced melee, i noticed how slow and inneffective it can be against any good player as most conflicts end with it being all blocked or somebody misses a hard random arrow. I'll tell you why simple melee'rs will "own" you with so easy, and knock you all over the place, because you cant handle it, and when a good player notices your weakness's, he'll use it to his advantage, its called tactics. You both have an equal chance of hitting each other, the thing is he will know how it works a lot better, and he'll manipulate the angles and confuse you with teleports because he exploits the fact you havent bothered to learn that part of the game. I for one change my gameplay to a certain extent when i fight different players, i have my style but sometimes simple melee is required, sometimes advanced, its all down to the player you're up against, how much ki you have, your powerlevel, etc. Its weird how people complain about simple melee spamming, i think prepunch spamming is considerably worse >_>.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im constantly trying to teach people how to use basic melee effectively but even in the simplest moves theyre to...stubborn to even try it they just do it once and if they cant do it they just say "F*&^ this bullsh**" or "god this is so ridiculous" they never even make an effort to learn so honestly i dont care what anyone says about basic melee at this point its not my fault theyre to stubborn to even try

Best answers
I understand that some people jsut complain, i meen i have tactics and i only use it when all the person is doing is hitting me over and over, and i whip him usualy, but its like it should be so easy , im not syaing it should be nessasrily gone but make it a lil harder to beat somone up liek that... as for the newbs they willa wlasy exist and there maybe a block ability but ususaly ina server unless ur ona low ping server u lag and trying to do all these tactics doesnt work, espcialy when u doubel tap to swoop adn the lag is so bad it doesnt do it...

Best answers
I abuse Prepunch against skiwan >_>

I actually use the guard button and I'm here to say, IT WORKS. You can stop a simple melee attack with it and counter but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom