Melee Tips

Best answers
I've been playing against bots recently and I've noticed that the bots can continually lay into me even before ive recovered but when its my turn to dish it out i can only hiy em after theyve fully recovered and tehn 70% of the time they end up smashing me. Any tips anyone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it really depends on what settings you have the bots on. These bots can be impossible to beat if you have them on max settings. Even on good settings, they are exceptionally hard. Just experiment with the bot settings, choose the settings right for you, then work your way up little by little.

*Tip, don't try dodging with swoops, they'll get you no matter what. Teleport a lot, they will NOT miss with melee. Teleport and keep your KI as up as possible. You don't want to be stuck without any KI when a bot is coming at you. ;)

Best answers
hmmm so ive noticed but when i get knocked down its either by death or sheer luck i can ever get back up again. Since you mentioned it the bots are on the 2nd hardest level which i think is good (thats in the adv options in the create game menu). Ive been doing a lil bit of 1 on 1 with a vegeta bot and i can keep up with it untill we get to ss after that his score slowly started to raise while mine... well lets just not go there :p. But still if anyone knows how to clobber someone before they recover im all ears!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cl_nomeleehittime 2 (I think that's what it is)

Well, once you have hit someone, and once they recover.. there is a 2 second period that prevents you frrom hitting them. So don't make the mistake of flying up to them while they are recovering, because it's just going to be you that ends up getting hit.
Now, when you knock someone down, you can hit them multiple times, while they are rolling or still trying to recover from a hit. You have to be quick though, in order to perform these combos. You need to know your ESF to be able to do this. In time, you'll get the hang of things and pretty much know when to do what automatically.
For now, all you need to worry about is getting your opponent (Bot) at a disadvantage. Usually if you rush a bot, they wont be able to get you. You just need to know your timings well. ;)

Best answers
theres a technique to hitting someone? hmm in the readme or what ever that flash thing is it just says hold rmb :S i used to play bfp (where its all beams) which is very sketchy in comparison to this, but thats beside the point, and yea i remember there being something about the meleenohittime, though i could swear somethimes its a VEEEEERRY long 2 seconds O_O.

Best answers
hey you used to play bfp? so did i ^_^ i used to be 'Sephiroth' who were you?

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not sure if this is what u mean.. but if an opponent is still falling/rolling you can land another hit.. if you make it to them in time.. u just have to be fast to get to them after u have hit them down/up...

oh and to recover faster from a hit make sure u hold or click mouse button to get up... how full ur ki bar is, also helps determine how fast u get up.

Best answers
Seems to me that you dont know you can recover faster (much faster) by holding left mouse button when youre flying back after the bot hits you ... o_O

good luck :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom