Melee Obituaries/Installer WON Shortcut

Best answers
If you swoop into an enemy and start an advanced melee bout, switch attacks during the melee, and up killing him with a melee attack, the obituary will say he was "You killed soandso with <selected attack>" instead of death by melee. Ex: Piccolo swoops into Buu, starts the auto-punches and quickly switches to Special Beam Cannon. Buu is killed from the third auto-punch, obituary reads "Piccolo killed Buu with Special Beam Cannon."

The WON shortcut created from the installer has an empty "Start in" field in the properties. If run this way, you can only select from HLDM maps when creating a LAN/Internet server.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the death messages being mentioned in the testing phase. It's simple. HL reports the death as being caused by the wepon the player had equipped when the death occured...so I am not precisely sure it's a bug, in a manner of speaking. I wouldn't worry about it, it was brought up during testing ^_^

Best answers
Ah, I thought it might've been something with the HL engine, I didn't see anything about it on the forum though. Although the trip-mines in HLDM are reported correctly in deaths; might be something worth looking into. I forgot to mention, the installer that gave me the bad shortcut was the full installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom