Melee-Countering

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not fair because players who want to play the game the way it was designed to be played are put at a disadvantage. I have suggested, and I believe that the team is considering simply adding a delay to attacking after blocking until the advanced melee system is developed and released in 1.2 . In this way, the pre-instantaneous counters will still be possible (where the person releases block and presses attack at just the right moment to deflect someone before they actually land a blow, but instant counters after being hit will be impossible. That's the way I'd like to see it done.

Best answers
i think delaying is a good idea but you are able to teleport around and get them in the back they have a scouter and know when you are behind them.

V'

Best answers
But if the scouter has already hit you, the scouter will go to the persons PL and stuff making it useless in fight.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a quick fight you aren't relying on your scouter.... ever. You just don't have time to wait for the PL reading to disapeer. Luckily I think the new scouter in 1.1 has the option of *not* showing you PL.

Best answers
Scout - that might work if you could teleport through people. But since you can't, it's not too difficult to keep track of someone. Then it's clobbering time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
In a quick fight you aren't relying on your scouter.... ever. You just don't have time to wait for the PL reading to disapeer. Luckily I think the new scouter in 1.1 has the option of *not* showing you PL.
It'd be nice to have one key to turn it on then another if you want to view a person's powerlevel, that way it doesn't interfere with your view.

But the insta counter is cheap. The only way to fix it, mentioned before, would be that you need to click to counter, instead of just releasing the mouse.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the scouter does have seperate modes. It has the radar, it has the stats, and it has the combination (that 1.0 uses right now) I believe.

And I agree with Kama, that there should be a seperate control for countering.

Best answers
yeah, maybe if there was a counter attack. You charge it up as someone flies at you, but it doesnt do damage, just knocks them back or something. Gives you time to get ur ass outta there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Block countering--even the near instant one--is fine.

But the counter that hits you before you even touch the guy has GOT to go.

Best answers
I have to say this, even if I am flamed for it. I am sorry pride but this is an element of the game. If you don't like people who can do the insta-counter before you even hit, then don't hit them head on while they are blocking. I myself have gotten my block-counter timing down very well, and can perform the move mentioned by sonic where you aren't even hit before you counter, and it took me a long ass time to get it, so you want to just make all that time be useless? There are people out there (apes) who can teleport till my head is dizzy, and kick my ass because of it. Because they worked at it until they got that good. It is not like a good insta-counter can be done by some noob who just tried it, it takes practice. Granted I'm not someone who sits there and just counters everything, but I do use it on occasion if I need a break to recharge or something. It's there, learn to get around it like everything else in the world of ESF melee. Thank you.

Best answers
I don't care if it's an exploit that's not immediately apparent. An exploit is an exploit. It detracts a lot from melee.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is ::being fixed::

You can't say it isn't an exploit because it is, and it's being taken care of. Thank you, drive thru...

Best answers
I doubt it's an exploit..countering is just countering..simple as that...no need to go into so much detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom