mele spam

Best answers
im not sure if this has been brought up but, mele at the moment ruins the damn game, i mean yeah its ok but being sent flying across the map after one hit every time get kinda i dunno really anoying, and the thing is everyone spams it its horrible sure you can be a little whore and start mele spaming back but its just lame, i know i know a new mele system is comming, but if they are still gonna let you smash each other across the map in one hit all the time its not gonna fix jack all, sure there are some people who thinks its awsome, but multiplayer wise no, all the servers ive played in people complain about mele and how it ruins games so my suggestion (sorry if its been said) is that if in the new system there is a combo button if you hit someone with its enough times it stunns them then and only then can you smash them, and increase recovery time after being smashed

please post id like to see other peoples feelings on how mele impacts esf game play wise.

thanks

Best answers
I love the melee system and if anything beams get spammed to much. I guess I use melee a lot, but thats the game. I was in a server where few people would melee today it really was not anyfun everyone was just shooting beams to get kills with no risk. Once you play for awile and learn everything melee is a lot more fun.(I guess theres a few players that are real good but hate it though)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When was the last time you saw Goku detonate a kamehameha and kill 5 people on the show?

Melee is a good 75% of DBZ. The beams are there for when you get angry, or when someone is coming at you from across the map. Some of them have tactical uses, like the generic beam, which can (if aimed carefully) nail an opponent who is swooping at you or away from you, or the gallit gun. Beams like the kamehameha have no place in melee and are frequently spammed, interupting multiple players at a time who are involved in melee and cannot defend themselves from a beam.

The melee system is plenty complicated right now. My only biff is that the higher ping wins head on 90% of the time. I'm not sure if they could fix it, but once you learn how, you can hit most players (and you will) from the side or the back. You have to give it time and learn some techniques.

I was like this before I got used to the melee system too. Now I'm one of the best (IMO, though I still can't conquer PCJoe's drunken monkey style melee ;( ), and I have more issues with people hiding in corners, beam spamming. It's acceptable once in a while, to get a few free kills when you're angry or need a melee break, but not over and over and over. Melee is what this game's all about, and I don't care how often you use it on me. I'm up to the challenge.

Best answers
i agree with the general idea of this post that melee needs to be flushed out some more. i would like to see a combo system implemented, instead of throwing a person almost all the way across the map(which seems rediculous to me). the point of melee is to get close and hit your oppenent not smack him all the way across the map. And for you people who watch the shows and love them you will notice that rarely did someone smack another person away unless they were going to use a beam of some sort. True melee was very prominate in the show like it is in the game but in the game it gets to the point of excessivness and spammage (like beams can sometimes).

Best answers
thats what im saying, its not that meles all bad it just TOO easy to spam with, yes so are beams but at least you have to charge them, mele is to over used, its not fun when you spend half game being slamed across them map, i still want to slam just not as much, like only when stunned or after a combo (like the show) just to give people breathing room

Best answers
When was the last time you saw Goku detonate a kamehameha and kill 5 people on the show?
when the last time you saw goku only use the slam move repeatedly

Melee is a good 75%
true and about 00.9% of that is slams

Melee is what this game's all about, and I don't care how often you use it on me. I'm up to the challenge.
really why are there so many beams/ energy moves and only one mele move, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and plus beams should do heaps of damage, have you seen the explosions on dbz i mean come on

Best answers
Well, here's my gripe. I get up, and I charge up a final flash, almost releasing it, and then i get melee'd at the last second. WEll, ok, thats kewl. I respawn. I'm flying across the map. Ok, i manage to get back up.....but then i am flying to the other side of the map. I am struggling to get up, and i recover...then some other jackass hits me in the back, and i die a horrible death. THis goes on until the map changes, or i get angry and smash my face into my desk, and carve a crucifix into my forehead with a dull rusty butterknife, for only the devil could make a melee system this bad. Just kidding. But it definitly needs tweeked. In meet Vegito, he hits buu approximately 6 or 7 times, does a smash move (like the one now), and launches a very large energy ball at buu. NOW, most of the time i do a smash move, i dont have enough time to flip the other guy off before he comes and reams me a new *******, let alone charge up a beam or a blast and take him out (like in the show). Now in a server of 6 or more people, you might as well choose krillen and run around meleeing everyone...and just say "and i thought cs was ***...this is lame."

Another thing about beams. Beams hardly ever do EXPLODE. Usually when someone takes a beam and loses, the beam explodes in the direction of the guy who lost. (Save the world, Goku vs. Vegeta, a saiyan duel) When the enemy dies, its usually from the beam itself, not the resulting explosion. Another thing is that you can use a beam transformed if you are closer than 400 yards. Plenty of times in DBZ the beams were used point blank....and the user of the beam was unharmed. NOt so in ESF.

NOw i realize there's a new melee system, thank ESF team for that. But I think the beam system should be tweaked a little bit.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by killjoy
when the last time you saw goku only use the slam move repeatedly

~~~

true and about 00.9% of that is slams

~~~

really why are there so many beams/ energy moves and only one mele move, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and plus beams should do heaps of damage, have you seen the explosions on dbz i mean come on

Ok, first off, Goku uses the "slam" move a hell of a lot. Sure, it's after punching and kicking them a few times, but they never said they weren't going to work on the melee system either. I can't remember more than a couple of fights where slamming didn't start and end things. Hell, even in the piccolo vs. 17 fight then end up slamming each other into the ground and walls after spending about 2 minutes slugging each other. Frieza and Goku had a big slam fest for like 3 episodes where they threw each other into mountains and did slam+zanzoken+slam's. Slamming is about 20% of melee on DBZ, but most of DBZ's "martial arts" is just a few frames of punces and kicks used 30 or 40 times in a row without anyone getting heart. When the opponent is actually hit, he's punched... maybe once in the stomach, and then once in the face, sending him back into a wall. Think History of Trunks. Think Goku vs. Vegeta (Or Majin Vegeta, either battle).

Explosions should not do AS MUCH damage as they do now, according to you. On the show it takes a lot longer to charge those attacks, and they don't even explode. They usually just disintegrate or knock away your opponent. In their first battle, Goku kamehameha's Vegeta going Kaio-Ken X 5 and it just pushed him up into space, without even killing him. Think about it.

Best answers
ahem. maybe u get hit alot because u don't know how to play yet :p

sorry, no offence, but i mean really, if ur playing CS for the first time u get killed plenty of time .. u just go and try to kil that person, but for some strange reason u never kil anyone, u just keep getting kiled ;( :cry:

now in the case of esf, if this is ur first time. and u havn't read the manual. u just go in a server .. u fly around and see the game and all that, then all of a sudden ur flying back 10 miles. !! then suddenly the player who smacked u is infront of ur face, and he hits u another hit! and it keeps on like this til u die. u respawn and the same thing happens.

now u think the game sucks. just because u don't know how to play it!!!

let me clear things, just if u don't know them: u can block, teleport .. and d many things to avoid getting hit. u have a radar (press F9) or a scouter. use it to see if someone if flying at you.

when ur hit u can recover. by holding down primary fire (leftclick)

everything in the game is counter-able.
except for beams :p i mean beam explosions ..

u know what sucks? someone hiding in a damned corner, charges a beam, he throws it and kills 4 ppl who were fighting (a melee fight) in the middle of the map. now that what sucks. not melee.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why they're working on it... it wont stay the same forever. As it is, though, it is still fairly complex, if you know how to do it. Watch two skilled players go at it, it'll look almost like it does on the show.

Best answers
Yea the melee system is pretty complex it does seem like it does in the show when you get into a battle with someone of equal skill. All it needs is some kind melee struggle and it will look like the show too. It isn't just slams back and forth once you get good at it. A good battle can last 10 to 15 miniutes with only acasionall someone getting hit the problem I have is when your in one of these battles someone else will shoot a big beam take out half the map and unkowingly end the battle. One thing is you have to be able to manage your ki pool and keep moving with teleports so you don't get hit.

Best answers
Ok, lets get one thing strait, When i play im usually in the top 2 or 3 players out of 16. SO i have played that game quite a bit. What im trying to say is this:

When you get kicked/slammed/****ed up, whatever you want to call it, someone from the other team is behind you, then they press secondary (which slams you again, RIGHT after you recover), so you basically become a pinball.

I'm sayin that explosions should do less damage, when detonated in front of a player to do damage. If you get hit with the beam, it should mushroom out, and explode towards the player (same damage, but different effect). One of the other things is that Goku released a Kamehameha at point blank and didnt take an ounce of damage. When you try this in ESF, both players turn into piles of juicy giblets. The thing i just suggested would be implemented, beams would be more useful. Right now, with servers with more than 6 people, beams are pretty worthless, its pretty much melee spamfest 2003.

A prime example of beam explosion is the fact that the beam can GO THROUGH other player. IE, the special beam cannon, or they can continuously pump energy into a beam that doesnt harm the other player (for strength reasons or whatever). Example when piccolo uses SBC on cell in "save the world."

And theres other things too, like:
The burning attack is a yellow ball with spikes, not a beam.
The finishing buster is a beam, not a blue ball

Best answers
OK First off u get hit with melee about 10-20 dmg then WOW a Kamehameha hits u UR DEAD whats cheaper, and the combo thing if im flying at you theres no way im gonna stop and start a combo on you thats to difficult to do. Fireballs should be limited i guess to like 1 time per life and if not 1 maybe they should only use generic beams....(My Opinion)

Best answers
I still don't understand people saying melee is spammed since most of the time beams are far worse. Normally there will be 3 or 4 people mainly meleeing and the rest of the people are just shooting beams into the spawn zone. Also Ive never had problems with being a pinball even when I did not know the controlls.
I can however see the argument for directed explosions so that you don't kill yourself, maybe for one or two beams, but not for them all since beam spamming would be even worse.

What needs to be done to cut down on cheap beams is have more servers have team kill set on so that people can't just sit in the corner on maps such as cell arena and blow up half of it and still be fifty kills ahead of everyone like they did something.

Best answers
i know how to play the damn game if didnt i wouldnt post this, actually im pretty damn good at it, thats why i know that mele is just wrong, i know they are making it better (but i hope to god that slams gone) but like i said slams should only be able to be used when the target is stunned, thats what im trying to get across, im not talking about it damage or beams and what not just a little time with out being launched across the map i want thoughts on that jesus, plus how is flying around slamming people for an hr fun thats just stupid, and even worse still people actually do that, i mean why put in a move like that in the first place?? sure! its simple and quick, i mean it could have been a flurry of punches instead BUT noooo its a mother ****er of a big slam why?? you tell me thats not combat, if you want to hit stuff round go play pinball or soccer it belongs on a combo or if someone stunned, not as a VERY usable move

and before you go defending how much skill is involed in mele dont bother. strewth theres a lock on for christs sake

Best answers
I know i suggested that beams have directional explosions, but i meant that for all moves. If you also read my ENTIRE speech (which i doubt), you would have noticed i said that explosions from beams should do considerably less damage

I'm sayin that explosions should do less damage
And that directional explosions from DIRECT HITS should do the same damage as right now from the explosions. So in other words, if i detonate a beam, you take a little bit of damage, cuz you are more or less thrown from the explosion. The directional explosion would (theoretically) allow you to damage to only 1 or 2 people that does serious amounts of damage (but other players are not affected, the target rides the beam until he lands into a wall, in which the beam penetrates the player, causing massive damage. -assuming riding, if they block struggle, or just doing strait up damage if unblocked) You can still detonate the beam, but it will do a lot less damage then would have if you aim it at one person. Penetration beams (sbc, fingerlaser) should have no explosion ever, instead, should penetrate models (like in the show) and cause massive damage when used. ALso, it would be like an AWP in cs (excuse the comparison) and go through more than one person if they were lined up in a strait line. Also, extremely powerful attacks (spirit bomb, final flash) should not even ride the character if fully charged, instead, if struck by the beam, they would be completely engulfed and die instantly.(ONLY FULLY CHARGED, with some kind of kewl animation). Dont get me wrong, i dont want a ff that has barely enough energy to injure a relativly large molecule to completely engulf my player causing instant death and disentegration.

Another thing needed is the CHOU-KAMEHAMEHA. This is the kamehameha gohan uses to beat cell, also the one that cell uses to try and blow up the earth, and the one goku uses against vegeta when Vegeta uses the gallit gun.

Then theres the standard kamehameha, when he basically says it as fast as he can. the other one goes
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(this is always longer)
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
the other is just
KAAMEHAAAMEHAA!
or something like that. I dunno. Either way, the finsishing buster and burning attack are mixed up in this mod. ALso the burning attack isnt even a blue ball, its a yellow spiky ball.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once you all learn how to use melee it'll feel fine to you. Just get used to it. It'll get better in time. Slams will always be in, because they are all almost half of melee in DBZ anyhow. Punch, punch, slam. That's how it works. Maybe get fance and punch, kick, slam. Either way, there is always a slam after the preliminary softening-up of the opponent. It was Cell's favorite technique. Look at what he did to Vegeta and Trunks, smashing them through mountains and onto the ground. Frieza threw goku all over the place, and Goku slammed him into the ground. Think about how many times you see people getting slammed into mountains or water on the show. That's most of what it's about. Punch, kick, slam.

Best answers
theyre implimenting (or planning to anyways) on putting advanced melee struggles and other cool stuff like that in later. The melee sys as it is now is fine, if you use zazoken properly you can pwn any melee whore.

Best answers
wow, alot has happened since i last logged...

well as far as i can see beams and the melee system needs a bit of work. First off i would like to see combos instead of just one hit melee. Beams are okay for what they do, if you people have problems getting in huge melee fights and then geting nuked by a guy charging a kame in the corner then you should be able to learn from the first few times that you fall victem to this and start looking for the guy charging the kame in the corner. Im also worred that the beams will still be killing both people in a PS when both people have dumped enough energy into their attacks. Also i wonder if its posible to put a minimum safe distance trigger on the beams so that i dont nuke myself when i fire a kame at someone while they are rushing me? Kinda make them like lazers for the first 50 meters when they are fired and after that the beam would explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom