Megaman redesign ~ WIP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well after being stuck in a sub 1k polies mode for a month and a half, I've decided to do a redisn of Megaman. Not the child-like megaman everyone's accustomed to seeing, but an ADULT megaman in a realistic style. I'm planing on the model being anywhere from 4 - 10k polies. Hopefully I'll have enough time to do a nice Normal for it as well. I will be posting updates regularly in this thread, Kinda like a step by step picture diary of the models creation.

So here's the beginning of the model..

Now the helmet is cleary not finished, but any crits or comments would be helpful. Paticularly this eary in the developing. Stay tuned for more updates.

~Teknik

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
adult negaman? this might be worth of following..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl, how funny!

I was talking to eclipse yesterday about doing a realistic megaman. I was thinking about the kid megaman though.

Looks ok, the shape isn't great, its a bit wider than I am used to see on megaman. Good luck, you may inspire me to do the child megaman.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Enix - I think the shape will be fine once i finish the rest of the head.

Here's a quick update finished the helmet it can be removed. (Meaning I modeled the inside as well). Started the face as you can see is quite a stretch from the traditional megaman.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
probably would be better to model the head first then the helmet on top of it so the helmet fits the head, not the other way around, still nice start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He'll probably be in the 20 - 27 year old range

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make him look better than this and you're a winner in my book. =P

Nice start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I've decided to give him a Asian look, after all he was "born" in Japan if i'm not mistaken.

Progressing quite a bit. The head's done more or less.

Hehe here's a meshsmoothed render for you. Keep in mind that this meshsmooth will eventually end up being the basis of my normal map for this model, so I'm keeping an eye on the Meshsmoothed look.

Best answers
he looks a bit cross eyed atm, and his face is a bit over defined for a 27 year old, Right now he looks mid 50's if not older. looks good other than that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile is right he looks to old and his pupils are inverted? thehy look like : <_>
cameleon!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShadyD said:
bile is right he looks to old and his pupils are inverted? thehy look like : <_>
cameleon!
who cares about the pupils... The face looks like a hardened, young japanese fighter. I think you did a superb job. You might just wanna make his eyes a bit smaller and almond like.. it's like a cross between Asian and American; other than that, good job.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
honestly, i think the design as is is kinda corny >_>, if the rest of the model follows the same trend, (IE that it has to fit in with the design of the head/helmet) it will prettymuch have to be a scrawny wimpish looking guy in the end.

the only way i could envison megaman as an adult, in a fairly realistic fashion is if he had huge bulky armor like those big dudes in the unreal tournament series (i forget the names of em >_>). or those big armored dudes in the warhammer games.

if he is fighting every day, you would expect him to be a lil more built than that by the time he was an adult ya know?

if you must make him scrawny though, give him the rugged western gunman type vibe, w/ a lil facial hair stubble and maybe a ciggarette dangling from his mouth, a general "I dont give a ****" type of attitude, i cant see a scrawny adult with a gun-arm any other way >_>.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nose reminds me of a like a bird nose. He looks like a grumpy old man at the moment. You defined the the cheek's and that little line around the mouth too much.

He looks to skinny overall though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom