MechMod Alpha Screenshots

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just some screenshots for everyone to see. :) Everything is highly WIP and this are alpha screenshots only.

And for those who don't know, MechMod is a Half-Life modification in production run by me, Shijing, Pcjoe, Rick, jason, mark, Mr_Smo, God Gundam, dudeman, ESFZero, -LynX-, UniSol and others. And please don't ask for links as you won't get them - advertising is against the AUP in here. (If you need a link to the site, use google ;o).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay this is a great mod, and if they keep this up, the HL2 version is gonna rock
almost can't believe this is an aplha, comparted to the esf aplha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, that's just...

Like record speed. Excellent.

I can't wait for it being finished :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said before for this in the alpha stage it is flawless. minor changes would makes this very very nice. Only thing I dont like is the place of the radar its the alpha so i doubt that the problmes I have will stay. For an alpha ver very nice. Great work mechmod team. Props to you guys.

Best answers
yea they got a lot done really fast, im impressed. nice models and maps too :D gj

Retired
Best answers
yes looks very promising. good work to the guys who made it that fast.

Best answers
I think the armor/power/energy bar needs to be changed and look more like Tribes 2 interface. Less of a border, and something that really stands out so its easy to see in the corner of the eye. Radar needs to be in upper right or movable based on user if possible.

Other than that looks great, looks like you adopted ESF minimodels thing so maps could be bigger.Can't judge more than that as I don't know mecha games at all.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cookster said:
Other than that looks great, looks like you adopted ESF minimodels thing so maps could be bigger.
;o Nothing was adopted from ESF, everything has been done from scratch - including every line of code. And yes, we have the models scaled to .5 of the original Half Life models to make the maps seem bigger. :)

Retired
Best answers
ah cookster is right, it should have a Tribes 2 interface really :)

been playing it 2.5 years now and counting. and it's still one of the best huds you can imagine :).

Best answers
I see that they used sprite for the swords so they would lok laser-ish

Very nice, but some thing look the same from ESF *coughradarcough*

might want to change those radar sprites soon :D

QUESTION : Does it use transparency dlls from DoD retail?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
;o Nothing was adopted from ESF, everything has been done from scratch - including every line of code. And yes, we have the models scaled to .5 of the original Half Life models to make the maps seem bigger. :)
What he means is you adopted the same idea :p

And it looks great! Glad you told me about the project ^-^

Best answers
Looks nice. Do all the mechs come with beam swords? I hope not. Oh well can't judge til I play it.

Best answers
grrrr gr00vy ur mod gets me jealous XD. Cant wait to see more. Ill pwn u though XD

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek:

And to think I almost forgot about MechMod!

*slaps self*

That is coming along GREAT! I love the Beam Swordliness. Being a fan and partial practitioner of swordplay, I'd love to see that kind of thing in-game. Great shots of a great looking project, grOOvy and team!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice, and very fast :shocked:! And woah those are big bullets ;).

So your allowed to advertise as long as you don't post a link now and don't recruit now o_O, good to know...

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, this is coming along faster than i expected. glad to see that you arent just sitting on your arses. (no offence)
comming along great. great looking maps also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah! Why didn't anyone tell me about this mod before? Looks very promising, but you gotta be lying about that being an alpha. :)

I'm gonnna have to keep a close eye on this now.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks like ESF with Mechs and laser swords o_O
And anything Prozzy is associated with is gonna suck :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Looks like ESF with Mechs and laser swords o_O
And anything Prozzy is associated with is gonna suck :p
Bad move, keep that up and prozzy wont be the only one that sucks.

Either way, calling mechmod esf with laser swords is just retarded. That's like saying *insert random mod with a scale down and flying* is ESF.

Very nice, but some thing look the same from ESF *coughradarcough*

might want to change those radar sprites soon
Remove what, the copywrited grid radar design? Not too sure how it's a big bad thing to use a radar that shows the players information. Oh, I see, another game is already using that idea, i guess we'll have to come up with something else -_-.
Random game developer said:
Ah crap, half-life 2 is already using bump mapping and rag doll, it looks like we need to use something different.
On to more serious matters, please dont call mechmod an ESF, they're not going to play anything alike. The melee systems will be as different as apples and oranges, and ontop of that the mechs will actually use guns/lasers, rather then KI with a button to recharge the pool.

Best answers
Nice work to the mechMod team. I'm excited for this mod. Looks like something to play when esf isn't hitting the spot =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom