Maybe a way to make everyone happy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, scince their is still a feud between 1.1 players and 1.2 players, why not in 1.3 or 1.4 include gamemodes which revert esf to past releases? like b1.1 free fighting, or you could choose, 1.3 freefighting, etc, so instead of having to use more than one version of esf on their computer, they can join the gamemode they want most or just feel like playing another version. I know about the cvars but thats totally totally different to playing 1.1 >_<. I just think this would make the game even more varied, and satisfy everybody and stop all the *****ing. The basic build of it all has been done, so why couldnt it be intergrated? I think everyone would be happy if it was done =\

Best answers
wow it sounds like a good idea one problem they would need to make all the models work with 1.1 or 1.2 or animation would be all messed up other than that very nice idea i wouldnt mind seeing that with this mod :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all 1.1 freefighting is is basic melee
1.2 melee is advanced melee

you can already do those so the models will already work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, 1.1 was different from the current basic melee. However, there already is a cvar that changes the 1.2 melee back into 1.1.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but it would be easier if you could just set it with gamemodes when you create the server, good idea david *gives cookie*

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*eats cookie* ;o
also when you're browsing servers, you would be able to see which version of the gameplay while your choosing which to join. I also think this could mean you could have alpha games too (better gfx though) and at the same time you have a bunch of new gamemodes. I again repeat myself, that the cvars make 1.2 nothing like 1.1, its just too slow, there's no lockon, and the teleport isnt the same =\

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe deleted the 1.1 melee code if i remember correctly.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh... well this suggestion is pointless then.

Best answers
1.3 will be much better. The advance melee has been improved by darktooth.

Best answers
That's nice, but the problem is simple melee. We prefer to have it back like in 1.1 (meaning about the same knockbacks, no tele delay or at least alot less etc). Why else would we still be moaning?

If there is enough demand for it and Joe still doesn't want to code it then it only shows that he needs to go asap.

Best answers
!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about making this thread!! u stole my idea dave ehehe but yea that should be included incase u ur comp cant handle 1.3? u dont have 2 uninstal n go threw all the trouble n shizzle. so yea add that mod!!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
no, 1.1 was different from the current basic melee. However, there already is a cvar that changes the 1.2 melee back into 1.1.
the only thing that is changed is the knockback. HUGE knocback speed and distance does not work with slow swoop speed and teleport delay

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh , i don't think it would be hard to chane the current code for a differ game mode for 1.1 style play , it would be more stable to use the current code for it , using the old code will just make it 1.1 included with this version i guess , you could package it for retail if u ever did go retail with esf (if it ever did happen , but there is no chance of that happening) if u did use the old code , it would also revive all those old bugs that were in 1.1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You wouldn't need the 1.1 code surely, just make the 1.1 Mode have higher speeds, faster and further knockbacks...whatever, and the 1.3 Mode as normal. You don't need to rewrite the game code for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom