Master Chief Will Finish the Fight...In Iraq?

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
That will never be used, nice way to waste some money though, lol. It's bad enough they are wearing 90+lbs worth of kevlar over there.

Best answers
I dont understand why they wont be used... Its a nice concept and a hell of a lot better than wearing all that kevlar.

This **** only weighs 40 lbs, it probably costs less than 90+ lbs of kevlar and its just as good.... From what it sounds like.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God, I hope we build shields one day and they work exactly like they do in Dune.

Then we can finally return to melee weapons.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I dont understand why they wont be used... Its a nice concept and a hell of a lot better than wearing all that kevlar.

This **** only weighs 40 lbs, it probably costs less than 90+ lbs of kevlar and its just as good.... From what it sounds like.
They carry more than just kevlar, my friend told me he carries 7 magazines+1 in the gun when on duty. Then all the other misc. items they need. It all adds up lol.

Best answers
Hey... another thing was brought to my attention. Wouldnt it get like... really hot in these suits? Especially in 110F heat, such as Iraq?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's air conditioned.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Hey... another thing was brought to my attention. Wouldnt it get like... really hot in these suits? Especially in 110F heat, such as Iraq?
Zeonix said:
It's air conditioned.
lmao. I saw that as funny for some reason.

They just need to make it desertstorm colored and they are good to go.

Next step: Making the chainsaw gun

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
God, I hope we build shields one day and they work exactly like they do in Dune.

Then we can finally return to melee weapons.
i never watched that show. how do those shields work

yeah man thos soldiers wear all that kevlar, the rest of their armor, their guns and ammo, and there backpacks.

edit just watched the video.

that thing sounds cool. are you looking at my clock?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
i never watched that show. how do those shields work

yeah man thos soldiers wear all that kevlar, the rest of their armor, their guns and ammo, and there backpacks.

edit just watched the video.

that thing sounds cool. are you looking at my clock?
It's...a series of books D:

Basically, the shields in Dune rendered all ballistic ammunition, rockets and such useless, so they were forced to resort to swords, their bodies (many people trained to become weapons, as in they could decapitate you with their hands or feet if necessary)and more...extravagant weapons..

Shields had 2 weaknesses. The first weakness was against lasers. Whenever a laser makes contact with a shield, a chain reaction leading up to an extremely powerful nuclear reaction would occur. Nuclear stockpiles and basically all wmds are outlawed in the Dune Universe, so most worlds didn't bother taking advantage of that weakness. While lasers were able to do massive damage (basically cutting people in half and destroying equipment, walls, etc), they were energy-hogs and deemed not suitable for warfare. That, and everyone carried personal shields, so if a laser made contact with a personal shield, everyone would be killed in the ensuing explosion, and the nation that the offending soldier came from would either be heavily sanctioned (basically crippling the planet), or they would be completely destroyed by every other world.

The second weakness of shields in Dune involve the speed of objects traveling into them. Bullets will never pass through because they move too quickly, and a thrown rock will just bounce off because it is moving too slowly. However, if something were to make contact with the shield at a certain speed, that something would pass through it, possibly making contact with the person inside. Techniques were created to allow swords to pass through the shields, and into their opponents, either delivering a fatal blow or wounding him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i believe there was a TV series on sci fi called dune, based on the books. my dad watched it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a movie and the series on the Sci-Fi channel that encompassed the first half of the series. The books are better than both since they contain much more information, and continue way past the initial story arc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hell, i'll buy one of those things for 2000... it'd be a better investment then the ps3/360... at least I can go out and scare people at night... and probably rob a few stores and get away with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom