Master Chief Will Finish the Fight...In Iraq?

Active Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/media_archive/jan-11-2007_a.html

A man has spent $15,000 and two years making a suit to protect Canadian and American soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Whether this is actually real or can be considered implemented, I have no idea. But it does look kind of kickass. Hell if that actually was something to be incorporated in military, I wouldn't be surprised if more people began to enlist just to play-pretend Halo.

Not feeling the crotch-clock though =/
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,534
Best answers
0
Greato, it can stop a bat, and he says it passes 'balistic tests,' but can it stop a 7.62 round to the chest? The other question is how expensive each suit is, because regardless of what it took to make this suit, the thing would be marketted at a higher price point, and the military isn't going to spend over X amount of dollars on each soldier.
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
462
Best answers
0
If it is implemented it'll probably be a special unit used for certain things.... or something of that nature.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Sonic Boyster said:
Greato, it can stop a bat, and he says it passes 'balistic tests,' but can it stop a 7.62 round to the chest? The other question is how expensive each suit is, because regardless of what it took to make this suit, the thing would be marketted at a higher price point, and the military isn't going to spend over X amount of dollars on each soldier.
"Troy Hurtubise created the suit, dubbed Trojan, in hopes of protecting Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan and US soldiers in Iraq, and considering that it has withstood knives, bullets, light explosives, clubs, and even a round from an elephant gun, it sounds like quite the winner."

Sounds good. But how much does it cost?

"Mr. Hurtubise claims the 18 kilograms (40 pounds) suit is comfortable enough to make road trips in (yes, he tried it), and if any major military would take him up on it, they could reportedly be produced for "around $2,000 apiece."

Awesome.

I doubt we'll see anything like it in circulation anytime soon, but it would benefit our troops tremendously if they had something like this.
 

sub

Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
5,961
Best answers
0
"I wouldn't be surprised if more people began to enlist just to play-pretend Halo."

Yeah. Sadly, it'd probably work

"JOIN THE ARMY! PRETEND YOURE PLAYING HALO!"
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Active Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
Zeonix said:
I'm thinking if this is going to be used in Iraq, they probably should stay away from civilians. Might be a little weird to have the guys from FEAR knocking down your door, and telling you to remain calm.
Weird? Or something to brag about?

Shoot, depending on who it is, they could be scared out their mind as futuremen take them away or ask for a picture with them.

But that 3% bear mace thing is disturbing. The way he said "this is illegal" gave me a feeling that that could be abused. And wouldn't the spray affect any near by teamates/civilians?
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
...um...I don't think they want anyone breaking down their doors, especially not Future Men with Future Helmets and Future Guns.

I'd probably say I was a terrorist just so they wouldnt Future Torture me.
 
Active Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
There must be someone out there that would deliberately cause a crime just so they could get manhandled by a Master Chief look-a-like.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
@ Chakra: Only in America lol.

"Oh no. I am stealing a twinkie. If only someone could stop me. Someone big and strong, who can manhandle me and throw me to the ground. Someone who looks like someone I used to play as. Someone who could...."

KRAAAAAACKKKAAAAABOOOM!!

*Entire side of the store is blown away. A single trooper walks in.*

"Huh? Holy **** is that him?"

*Trooper takes out rocket launcher and destroys other half of establishment*

BOOOM!

"Oh what the ****? Holy **** dude!"

*Trooper takes out machine guns and fires blindly at every direction destroying thousands of dollars in products*

"Uh....dude?"

*Trooper sprints to the kid, does a backwards somersault, rolls to the left, side flips to the right, jumps straight up, and lands Neo-style*

"Get the **** down! Gimme the ****ing twinkie! You think this is a game mother****er?! Huh?! **** YOU!"

"Aww sweet! This is just like I..AHHH OH GOD!! AHHHHH!!!"

"Oh this ****ing taser is just like in a game right? Right?! What the ****? Did you just look at me? Oh, now you've done it."

*Blows off kids kneecaps with his shotgun*

"Oh god...I don't want to do this anymore....please....huu huu huu...let me go..."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



So on, and so forth. Super human policemen/soldiers probably should stay away from all civilians man.

@Zero: I'm sure we'd sell it to our only real ally.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3,397
Best answers
0
Zeonix said:
@ Chakra: Only in America lol.

"Oh no. I am stealing a twinkie. If only someone could stop me. Someone big and strong, who can manhandle me and throw me to the ground. Someone who looks like someone I used to play as. Someone who could...."

KRAAAAAACKKKAAAAABOOOM!!

*Entire side of the store is blown away. A single trooper walks in.*

"Huh? Holy **** is that him?"

*Trooper takes out rocket launcher and destroys other half of establishment*

BOOOM!

"Oh what the ****? Holy **** dude!"

*Trooper takes out machine guns and fires blindly at every direction destroying thousands of dollars in products*

"Uh....dude?"

*Trooper sprints to the kid, does a backwards somersault, rolls to the left, side flips to the right, jumps straight up, and lands Neo-style*

"Get the **** down! Gimme the ****ing twinkie! You think this is a game mother****er?! Huh?! **** YOU!"

"Aww sweet! This is just like I..AHHH OH GOD!! AHHHHH!!!"

"Oh this ****ing taser is just like in a game right? Right?! What the ****? Did you just look at me? Oh, now you've done it."

*Blows off kids kneecaps with his shotgun*

"Oh god...I don't want to do this anymore....please....huu huu huu...let me go..."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



So on, and so forth. Super human policemen/soldiers probably should stay away from all civilians man.

@Zero: I'm sure we'd sell it to our only real ally.
They should make a Invader Zim episode of this. :yes:
 
Member
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
434
Best answers
0
He got the ideas from StarCraft and Halo.. Violent video games save lives?
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,534
Best answers
0
Raeku said:
He got the ideas from StarCraft and Halo.. Violent video games save lives?
Starwars and Halo. He was looking for suit design concepts.
 
2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
2,999
Best answers
0
Does it come in greeeen?...

Looks uncomfortable though =/ when you're in a middle of battle zone where bullets are flying everywhere you cant have anything slowing you down...

It can be cool to just walk on the street with though =]
 
New Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
286
Best answers
0
Super Veggeto said:
Does it come in greeeen?...

Looks uncomfortable though =/ when you're in a middle of battle zone where bullets are flying everywhere you cant have anything slowing you down...

It can be cool to just walk on the street with though =]
OMG! Its the modern Juggernaut!O_O
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,659
Best answers
0
Lith said:
They should make a Invader Zim episode of this. :yes:
word...

seems like a good idea, the cost is too high on each suit for them to use it on every soldier. and the weight of it makes it impractical on a huge battallion scale.

using it for the elite would be the way forward, but i would imagine it restricts movement somewhat and is probably quite noisy...
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 2, 2002
Messages
1,043
Best answers
0
Pff, someone just needs to invent overshield and active camoflauge. Then it's all set.
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
I want one.

Air conditioned helmet O.O

So whens the computer AI coming in :p
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
146
Best answers
0
think we should buy one for ESF? we can send Pain out in one to hunt down and kill kurt

seriously tho, It would be useful for the men and women fighting in Iraq (my uncle used to be one of them, he got sent home, he shot one too many foxes and they complained about it :p ) but I wonder if the joints around the arms and the legs may mean that in thoery it's a good idea but it might not actually offer AS much when it comes to field testing, because from that video, it looks like those arms and legs are going to be blow right off if it was to meet anything mildly strong
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top