Masenko is a bit weak i mean come on!

New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
29
Best answers
0
about 95% of the time i can just knock it away! wich is just stupid (the other 5% i actually get hit with the beam)
os guyz but i think the masenko or powerbeam is to weak!
MAKE STRONGER!
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
1,095
Best answers
0
Same with GG. ppl can block it. they usually just have HIGH pl then.

I mean.. C'mon. ya can block but a full GG kills if ya don't. i think its k. :)

Yet... piccolo no beam while moving exept generic? :S
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
842
Best answers
0
i would have t osay i dont use, cause they are more powerful attack, but if it was stronger i would use it
 
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
3,637
Best answers
0
Moved to Beta 1
 
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,115
Best answers
0
I don't use Masenko. It's way too weak. SBC is better in every way. You can move, it does more damage, it blows up bigger. I'd use Masenko a lot more if it was a bit stronger (stronger than SBC to offset not being able to move).

-Karrde-
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 2, 2002
Messages
1,043
Best answers
0
It's the most useless attack in the game. Period. It should be changed some :/
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
115
Best answers
0
Agreed. Masenko has NO perks... what so ever...

You can't move while charging it, you turn into a lighthouse, the damage is miniscule.

For Piccolo, the SBC does have it beat in every way.

For Gohan, if he even has it to begin with (Accursed bug), people are more likely to use the shield than the Masenko.

And on the minor note of Galit gun, considering the fact that it kinda blinds you when it's charged, the rather crappy damage and somewhat slow charge, and the fact that the two charecters that CAN use it get much better beams by transforming/switching weapons...

My idea to make them a bit more useful:

Masenko- When it hits, it knocks them back, kinda like a melee hit, the stronger the charge the harder it is to air recover. (Maybe the splash damage could count for this as well?)

Galit gun- You COULD do the same thing as Masenko, but the fact that you can move while charging it (A rather great advantage considering the high jumps) should warrent it being a bit weaker than a beam that only lets you fall. So a idea that magically popped into my head: Make galit gun give the victem a spin in a random direction, OR do a concussion effect (That'd make melee HARD!.. I think.)

Mandetory Summary:

-Galit gun and Masenko sucks.

-Give Masenko a knockback effect

-Give Galit gun a aim hindrence effect (Concussion, turn in a random direction, reverse controls, whatever)
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
436
Best answers
0
I play Gohan and have no trouble using his "powerbeam" attack. As far as i knew his "powerbeam" is the masenko but it was changed in the american version for some reason. Anyway when Gohan used the "powerbeam" against Napa it had all the same moves as the masenko. As it stands right now i think the powerbeam is a really good attack that deals good damage, has a fast charge rate, and low energy cost. They should change Piccolo's masenko to match Gohans. I also think that they should attach Piccolo's SBC and change it so he can't move while charging. Its not that I think that it is unfair for him to be able to charge it why moving I just have never seen it in the series before.
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2002
Messages
200
Best answers
0
I dont agree w/ the attaching of the sbc but it should be a little stronger and i agree with how masenko should be stronger after all piccolo made masenko to be able to go up against kamehameha so masenko should be just a little weaker or stronger possibly stronger than kamehameha since he cannot move while charging and would give piccolo an edge over goku.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
71
Best answers
0
Didn't they already say on that Beta 1.1 stuff to do list that they were going to attach the SBC? If they didn't, I think they should. The SBC is a ***** to block, and it makes it even worse that while your trying to push it back, 5 seconds later another one hits you in the forehead.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top