Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be announced in May?!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After what 10 years? We finally get another. I guess its the same as Street Fighter and all. Nice to see we finally get another Great Fighter.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope not... the director for sf4 said he'd rather do a new vampire chronicles rather than another SF (not to mention they just did a vs title) and im totally with him. I've had enough of all these DC / Marvel tards. Give us something original Tatsunoko vs capcom was a breath of fresh air. More plz.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Marvel vs Capcom is said to have Dante from Devil May Cry. Dead Pool too. Hopefully a few more people will come.

Personally I would like to see Namco x Capcom in something of a Fighting Game instead of a RPG.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Give us something original Tatsunoko vs capcom was a breath of fresh air. More plz.
Eeeeh...It was a nice game but I had no relation with the Tatsunoko characters. At least with Marvel I know all the characters, their powers, backgrounds, etc. I am all for another Vs. series though, just something I am familiar with.

Do you have a link to this announcement death shot? I'd love to be able to play as Dante in a fighting game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Did you just randomly post some sentence without any kind of source? Are people agreeing with you even though you just wrote a sentence without a reference?

I'm checking, I don't see a link anywhere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dying to hear some news on it. Team Spooky is a reliable source. They are the reason we knew the new Super Street Fighter 4 Characters before they were released and about TvC's Secret Chatacters as well. They seem to have some inside info it seems.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I was going to buy Super Street Fighter 4... now I want to wait, again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I was going to buy Super Street Fighter 4... now I want to wait, again.
Go ahead and buy it cause I don't see this game hitting the light of day til 2011.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Leading the trio is the long awaited Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a full-fledged disc-based sequel due out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the spring of 2011. Riding the resurgence of interest in 2D fighting games behind the success of Street Fighter 4, the new game will take a similar approach to making a modern update of a classic. Its roster will include a selection of returning fighters from the series and new characters both Marvel and Capcom have created over the years since the last game came out. For more info check out our Marvel vs. Capcom 3 preview with all the details from the unveiling presentation including comments from producer Ryota Niitsuma.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63389

Over a decade will have passed since the last game in the series debuted by the time Marvel vs. Capcom 3 hits PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011.

If anything, the wait has only served as an extended period for fans to percolate on the prospects for a new version. Only a teaser trailer for the game revealing Ryu, Morrigan, and Chris Redfield for Capcom and Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk for Marvel (with hints at a couple others) was shown as an introduction, but that and the first few tidbits of information are sure to spark many debates among the faithful.

Capcom tapped Tatsunoko vs. Capcom producer Ryota Niitsuma to produce the game. Besides the obvious connection of that having been a "versus" game as well, it sounds like a couple of design elements will carry over. For starters, Capcom has released a number of new games in the intervening years and the character roster will reflect that. The video reveals Chris Redfield and that's just the start of the new fighters. Niitsuma said that they want to surprise people with who's in the game.

A similar approach goes for the Marvel side. Capcom does the actual selection, with advice from Marvel. Keeping in mind that the comics serve as inspiration they want to find a mix of standbys combined with new faces that will offer the potential for cool fighting moves. For both sides Niitsume hopes to have some characters in there that he says, "people look at and go, who the heck is this guy? What's he doing here?" Though the final count has not been settled, he said that they currently have 30 or so total characters in the game but they don't anticipate having quite as many as were in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Similarities will also be seen in the basic fighting system. "Accessibility" kept coming up throughout the presentation in tandem with the idea of minimizing complexity while maximizing depth. While the depth part remains hard to see without playing the game, minimizing complexity translates directly to making the controls easier. Niitsume said that people want to see the signature moves so the controls must be simple enough to execute for everyone.

Looking deeper, to the nature of the controls, while Tatsunoko vs. Capcom provides an indication where they're going philosophically, the system for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be built specifically for this game. Niitsuma put it like this:

When all is said and done once the game comes out we might be able to say, "Oh, we used this in Tatsunoko and now it made its way into Marvel vs. Capcom 3," just because that's the nature of development but the basics of this game are being developed independently of that and we're just trying out different things to see how they work. In the end it might just be "oh, this worked in Tatsunoko and it also works in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so let's use it," but it's not like we used Tatsunoko as a testing ground for this. That was its own thing and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is its own thing.
As further reinforcement of its independence, Marvel vs. Capcom is not being developed on an existing Capcom fighting game. Instead, it uses their MT Framework platform, the same engine behind Resident Evil 5 and, in its latest updated 2.0 version, Lost Planet 2. The engine doesn't seem to pose any performance issues, though, as Niitsume said, "the main problem we've had is slowing it down because if it comes off too fast the new players which we want to reach won't be able to find it accessible." With the new engine, online also gets a fresh start making neither GGPO nor the Street Fighter 4 system a shoe in.

The real proof will come from seeing the game in action and a Capcom spokesperson indicated that will happen at E3 either as video or possibly a demo. Until then the trailer will have to serve.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63388

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OH HELLZ YEAH!!!

I hope they really do show it off at E3 this year!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a poster out with silhouettes of characters and their is one that strongly resemble Dante. This is all I care about. PLAYING AS ****ING DANTE IN A REAL FIGHTING GAME LIKE THIS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Double Post for a good Reason.

[imghttp://www.fightersgeneration.com/np5/gi-mvc3-3.jpg[/img]

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My team already looks like it will be Wolverine/Deadpool, Jill/Chris, and Ryu/Akuma alternating.

Claw/Sword + GUNS + Hadoken Supers = WIN

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are saying the Gameplay and everything such as button config is going to be similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Meaning Pressing down+b = Shoryuken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom