maps

mac

Best answers
well i have a suggestion u know the maps. I fiure if this is not to hard. That u could blow the map up. Say if u shot a beam at a pillar that it would but a hole in the pillar. And then if u got hit into the ground it would have a hole where u landed. Or if u powered up they map would crack. And when u transed some of the map would blow up. B ut if u shoot a beam at a pillar and u kept shooting it. And it would make lil holes then the pillar would become unsterdy and would fall over and blow up into a million peices.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I can't argue that this wouldn't be cool, it is not possible in HL.

Best answers
well this has been suggested already...and the same answer comes every time...the hl engine cant handle those kinds of details...the most damage i have ever seen in a map is on dbz_cellgames where u can acctually blow up the ring and tank and 2 jeeps...but other than that if u put too much into a map like that the fps will go to ****...but as of right now hl cant support destructable environments..srry

Orz

Best answers
And the idea of a pillar that simulates the effect of gravity to shift and crack when the centre of balance is damaged is extremely far-fetched... only Half-Life 2 is rumoured to have that sort of physics simulation, and I don't entirely believe the hype.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont let them fool you, half life 2 only upgraded the half life engine. while it looks like they did a damn good job of it, its stil only an upgrade. you can tell because of the way the player moves and the way the you select your weapon. in the original half life, when you select your weapon and than switch it, the weapon you switched it to will apear on the screen for a split second, then you will pull it out. half life 2 did the same thing which leads me to believe its just an upgrade. also i dont think the AI is that much better, i think they just put a whole lot more scripting and "if" statements in.

mac

Best answers
But u guys would be able to do that right. I mean i know it will take awhile but over time it can be done?

Best answers
MysticUub said:
but as of right now hl cant support destructable environments..srry
You might be new, but reading answers to your questions isn't that hard right..? o_O

mac

Best answers
i am not new but i am saying if halflife engin could handle that yall could do that or is it jus imposiable for yall to make.

Best answers
its impossible have you ever used valve hammer editor.
the only game that I know of to have these things is supposedly HL2 but it still wont accomplish fully what you want done here it can compensate for minor terrain damage and possibly phyisics simulating (the tractor beam gun thing for example) it can supposedly break things off of the map say like a sign of something and allow you to fling it around and throw it, but what you asking for is extremly complex and because it would take so much programming not even too many official game programers use such complex things just yet because the common house held computer just wouldnt be able to handel all of that. just imagine how drastically changed gameplay would be that would mean eventually you could level an entire map and that would be wierd...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though ESF modifies(hence it being called a mod)what Half-life can do, it is restricted to those rules. Even games with destructable terrain(check out Red Faction, it used Geomod technology) cannot possibly do what you want to do...

sorry to burst your bubble man, but this cannot happen...

+closed+

(I used plus signs, because none of the other moderators do!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom