Mapping again.

Best answers
some one please teach me how to make a decent map ima about to start crying bu hooo buuu hooooooooooooooo oh oh oh my hear my splean my dogs fallopien toob

Best answers
ok cold stell i thought you would have tought me atleast one thing but your not ok its your time you would have had to give up but i guess you dont have enough time fo me peace

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have plenty of time to teach you. I simply thought Diesel Power this technique cause he never heard of it, and there are no tutorials for it. Just as me he also learned mapping from scratch on his own. I really recommend you to learn mapping yourself.

Once you've learned the basics you're welcome to ask me anything. The reason why I also refuse to teach you mapping from scratch is that i would hate to see my efforts go to waste when you might quit mapping.

So please, learn it by yourself. Try every friggin button in hammer out and read tutorials. That's how I did it.

Best answers
Mapping is very easy. Once you've got the hang of it you can build levels in no-time. I allready made a lot of maps but never released them. By making/building a lot maps you will learn a lot faster then when somebody is teaching you what to do. I learned a lot from cold_steel by just sitting next to him and asking him about things. But by doing it I just got better with every map. So just keep trying and you will see for yourself.

Good luck with it and I will help you if I can.

Best answers
Thats a pretty sweet map. tho the water could do with been done either differently or changed for sayian pods like Kidboy 17 suggested that would be cool coz then it would have a theme :p and it wont be hard to give it that theme. i am not sure about the mountain texture reaching into the water tho? i have never really like the look of that, mayb think about a different texture for that. but all else is looking nice man, good job :)

Best answers
I'm still trying out somethings with seamless mapping. But can expect some changes to the map soon. And I think I will stick with that suggestion of yours. :)

Best answers
Yeh, it looks awesome. Just one thing, the lighting. I suppose you're going to change it? Perhaps make it a day/night (or both) map? Just a suggestion ;)

Anyway, I have a question after seeing one of your screenies and im talkin about the skybox. My problem is, that regardless of what I fill in (without the cl_ btw), I always get the standard skybox (like the one in the screenshot). I asked DJ already but he didn't know. Seeing as he might have the same prob (or not?), I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I have to do something extra to get it to work.

Yeh it's pretty offtopic, but his screenie reminded me (and I don't think a whole thread would be needed just for this).

Keep up the awesome work

Best answers
i dont know if there's a guide, but you need a couple of things...
1) Paintshop Pro 8 (or different version)
2) textures that are seamless(meaning the can repeat) e.g. Sand/Grass/Rock
3) offcourse Hammer
4) Wally

open PSP
1) Make a new file with the dimension 2048 x 2048.
2) Fill it with the bottom texture (rock eg)
3) put other textures in different layers
4) start erasing with the eraser and expiriment
5) Divide the image into 512x512 images and export them to PNG

Open Wally
1) Make a new .wad file
2) Import all the saved images.
3) Save your wad

open hammer
1) Go to option/configuration.
2) Add the wad file to your wads list
3) Start a new map.

And now it's too late maybe some1 else wants to explain what come next.

Cold steel or Diesel

[DUTCH]
pff ben echt moe(klopt toch wel ongeveer? deed het uit men hoofd)
[/DUTCH]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom