Mapping again.

Best answers
heey peeps,

After some lessons from cold_steel i've started mappin' again. Let me know what you think of it.

It doesn't have a theme or something like that, I just started and I ended up with this:

clicky

:)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What program do you need to map? Its a sweet map.... OH! Dude get rid of the water and add two sayian space pods and the craters they made and you could make it the place where Vegeta and Nappa landed!

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
uhuh ... not bad for your first try with that techique :)

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That kinda almost looks like one of your maps DJ

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Wowzers, I'd better stop steaching you. You're getting the hang of it way too good.

j/k. Don't forget the sand texture next time, or maybe you still want to add it. Looking way good Diesel.

Best answers
Thanx for the comments. I allready tried this technique a little while ago. But this is the first 'complete' map I did.

The underwater area is just plain, nothing interesting down there. But why do I have to get rid of the water? I like it this way. Sure the watertexture isn't very good, but It's just a placeholder.

Btw cold_steel (JD) :p I used a dirt texture instead. I will send you the map today, because I can't compile this thing. :p

I really love this kind of mapping, so be ready for a mapping spree! (just joking, because than I wouldn't be nice anymore)

An update and some more screens will be up tonight.

greetings

Best answers
Well, "that kind of mapping" can only go to far before it gets old. All the maps made like that look relatively the same. Don't get me wrong, I mean, they look great but ... you know.

I think you should keep the water, btw.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
diesel_power said:
Thanx for the comments. I allready tried this technique a little while ago. But this is the first 'complete' map I did.

The underwater area is just plain, nothing interesting down there. But why do I have to get rid of the water? I like it this way. Sure the watertexture isn't very good, but It's just a placeholder.

Btw cold_steel (JD) :p I used a dirt texture instead. I will send you the map today, because I can't compile this thing. :p

I really love this kind of mapping, so be ready for a mapping spree! (just joking, because than I wouldn't be nice anymore)

An update and some more screens will be up tonight.

greetings

oh oh oh oh oh oh. I know why it will not compile. Add '-texdata 8192' in the parameters with each compile tool.

Best answers
i love it.maybe you could add some tree's to it.is it for esf?

Best answers
Uuh cold_steel, I think my computer will explode if I compile this.

@movento: Yes it's for ESF and it's not done. So I will add some trees and stuff. And I need to make some minor adjustments to the textures.

@Half-Unit: I know what you mean. This kind of mapping just makes maps better, because you don't have align the textures.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You're just lazy, because my cpu can compile faster then yours o_O

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No offcourse not. It'll take a while to transfer the textures though. (via msn or whatever floats your boat)

Best answers
Hehe thnx. That's for sure. It allready took a while for me to get it into Wally. My system crashed a few times. But I've got that solved now.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
=O screenshot coming soon.

-edit-

Best answers
hehe sorry, but I still haven't compiled anything. And I still need to download ESF. So it will take a while before I can compile the maps by myself.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
=O Just map away then. Untill you have esf installed i'll compile your shizzle.

Best answers
Dj ready if cold steel doesnt want to do you think you can help me you already helped me once renember my aim adress is [email protected] ok please

Next time, do not clutter the forums like that. I won't take any actions since you seem to be new. Next time you'll be given a warning though. Cold Steel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom