Map/Melee suggestion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you should cancel ceiling hits. It's not like "oh **** a cloud!" *Insert hitting noise*
You should just keep 'going up' like you do when you reach the ceiling with beamjumps, and keep the animation. That way you can't do ceiling hits but you can just go to the ceiling and hit the guy... and its more realistic IMO.

Best answers
yea i agree wit this too the ceiling combo is pretty cheap and u cant block it gettin hit at the ceilin needs to get taken out cus alot of people who are suppose to be good wouldnt be as good if the ceiling hit wasnt in

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0.o "celing taken out"??? o.0

Perhaps you dont know how the HL engine works, but I was told the maps cant be made without any leaks. So the celing is needed. ;/

Best answers
we didnt say a map witout a ceiling but jus make it so u cant do the ceiling hit combo anymore

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to agree as well. You bring up a very good point. You don't see someone say "omg noooo i'm gonna hit the sky!" Keep the ceiling there of course, you can't make an HL1 map with out it, but change the animations and the fact that you get hurt.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The HL engine treats the area where the sky is drawn as a solid object, just like any other (well, it doesn't have to be under certain conditions, but then you're able to fly through it and out of the map - certainly not something you want to do).

Though it may not look like it, the area where the sky is drawn is just a normal map brush with a special texture to flag it as the sky. Whenever something collides with it, the engine treats it as colliding with any other solid brush. You're not able to just continue going up, because the map has to end somewhere.

All I can think of changing would be to slow the character down and have them recover when they're near the skybox, like when you're hit for a long distance. However, I'm not sure how feasible this would be code-wise, and it would look pretty tacky if you were hit from very close to the sky brush and rebound almost immediately. You bring up a predicament with this, and that's probably why it hasn't been addressed yet.

Best answers
Unless somebody makes a model of an airplane and it just happens to fly above the person when they get knocked into the skybox

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying 'go through the ceiling and out of the map'. I'm saying that you should continue flying, but be blocked by the ceiling as if you were beam jumping.
It might not be the best looking solution, but at least your opponent won't be able to just throw/hit you and wait for you to fall back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom