*Map* ESF_Buu

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I don't get why people would bail out; I mean they get to play the game if they help developing right? I understand everone has to do a trial period but I don't see why they wouldn't stay, maybe they are not TRUE dbz fans.
It's not about them leaving. Is about them leaking. Some past experience that everyone hates to talk about :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah, once people get something they know everyone else doesn't have, they boast and show off. I mean.. it's just abusing your privileges and showing that in the end things like trust and honor don't mean anything to you as a person.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, once people get something they know everyone else doesn't have, they boast and show off. I mean.. it's just abusing your privileges and showing that in the end things like trust and honor don't mean anything to you as a person.

--- edit ---

http://forum.esforces.com/threads/155264-A-trick-for-the-double-posting-issue

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it really is about people leaving, for the most part. Sure leaking is an issue but really it's about staying put. Our systems are complex and it takes a LOT of effort to get people up to speed. We're tired of investing that kind of time and effort for nothing.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Right right. Why paint a boat that's gonna sink, N all that business. Cant really tell if these guys are still around or not. Progress seems to have been put on hold with this map after it seemed to have neared it's completion. That is indeed sad.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, if you refered to me, I've been here for like 7 or 8 years now [well wasnt very active not on these forums], but I kept in touch via IM's [steam/msn/irc] even with ESF developers and other project developers/communities members. I've started modeling back in late 2005, kept my name and growed my connections number, and I really don't care or in need of this project or it's own secrets/files.

Actually, the latest projects I've worked I've never got see the team forums neither I had files. It's all about development, not getting hands on teambuild. That's pretty much childish behaviour of actually getting the teambuild and playing like a 5 years old. If so, you can actually implement protections within game [steam id check and etc.]. I believe current discussions about productivity aren't productive at all. If gigirs wants to help, he will contact the team -- either way here via pm's or on teamspeak.

I've mentioned couple of times EARLIER that I don't want to help the project, the map I did was just for fun, more like personal project, that I was inspired by the concept. If you guys want that map, I can upload it with all the files in 3dsmax format; I really honestly don't care. And I need to make a confess.. I really don't like DBZ that much like I did back in 2005. I like Naruto more now! :( Yes, so I've sinned.

And for the last time, I'm way too busy to work on any other projects that I work now [though, I don't work much as well]. So excuse me, I have university to finish :p

Last edited:
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
my intention instead to develop a map for the team, but do not understand why esf team so detached from the forum and give advice, say they do not have time, but many of them are online at least 12 hours a day, seem to want to do everything alone, sorry esf team but this is my opinion

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my intention instead to develop a map for the team, but do not understand why esf team so detached from the forum and give advice, say they do not have time, but many of them are online at least 12 hours a day, seem to want to do everything alone, sorry esf team but this is my opinion
Team Speak is quicker and easier to communicate on for them

The forum takes time.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get why people would bail out; I mean they get to play the game if they help developing right? I understand everone has to do a trial period but I don't see why they wouldn't stay, maybe they are not TRUE dbz fans.
Maybe some of those people tried working on ESF to sharpen their skills in the respective field (environment art, for me), instead of doing it for inteam access. With nothing to gain other than experience, interest will fade for some (or most, in ESF's case) and never finish their stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
@ Lfs my above statement about people getting things other's don't have wasn't directed at you buddy. So sorry if it seemed that way. All I was saying in regards to the map is how cool it was that people outside the team were finally helping out, and that I was sad to see progress suddenly stop all of a sudden. Btw, Naruto is all fine and dandy, I like it too. Cant really play NNK cause the screen fades out every time I get in a match.. anyway.. good luck with what your doing now. Maybe see you around sometime.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Team Speak is quicker and easier to communicate on for them

The forum takes time.
This is just a guess and I don't mean to insult but I don't think gigirs50's main language is English and while he does know some, he may have trouble speaking over TS easily so it may actually take longer and more effort to communicate with them through there. I know how frustrating it gets for both parties when you can't understand someone over and over.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team is multi-national, German is a big part of it

TS also has a chat function so speaking isn't necessary.

The reason it's easier is it's instant you get answers now, Not in 3 days

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And its less of a hastle. We also have the option of real time communication while using Team Viewer and stuff like that.

But tell me is it really so hard to believe that the devs preffer talking over TS, than the forums? I mean the forums are actually quite separete from the project itself. Its like an entity of its own built alongside of the project for people to communicate. And sure we have our internal sections, but for 90% of the stuff we use TS. Think of the forums as a neighbour for the devs. Sure we visit, but its not really our home ^^

--- edit ---

And its less of a hastle. We also have the option of real time communication while using Team Viewer and stuff like that.

But tell me is it really so hard to believe that the devs preffer talking over TS, than the forums? I mean the forums are actually quite separete from the project itself. Its like an entity of its own built alongside of the project for people to communicate. And sure we have our internal sections, but for 90% of the stuff we use TS. Think of the forums as a neighbour for the devs. Sure we visit, but its not really our home ^^

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

--- edit ---

YOU DONT LOVE US DDDDDD:::::::

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Meh. Was bored before work so made a speed sculpt for more accurate work.

Will have to finish it. Tweaks soon.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
looks ******* awesome. maybe thats why you screen name is LFS, cuz your work LOOKS F*CKIN SWEET!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom