Manny Calvera- first real model

Best answers
Oh.

My.

God.

Do NOT use basic shapes. Just set the picture of Manny as background on one of the 2D viewports, and draw vertices over it.

Best answers
OK now THAT was a bad crit :p, any way you should start out with pbp forteh, that model would be could for a 5 minute job, but yeh, if u need a good tut for milkshape find the dosfx csgirl tut, best on tha net :).

Best answers
I just loove the red "X"es
their so leet

looks even better then those pics you see when there isnt a pic to see...

oh actually its the same one

*hint*hint* - G - E - T - - A - N - O - T - H - E - R - - H - O - S - T - ! - ! - !

Best answers
i see alot of backfaces, faces going to the wrong vertex alot of wasted polys on the sholders (am gessing there the sholders O_O)

sorry i just got up and i cant really describe anything atm, go and find that CS tut people were talking about, it will help you alot dude :D

Best answers
Switch to flatshaded view, select all black faces and hit Ctrl-Alt-F to fix it.

Looking better, but it's a little too high poly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tip: Open up some models and check out how they were made, such as poly structure.

This is.. eek... you have like overlapping polys.. Itys just terrible.

Even for a first man, its just yuck..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Want some cake?

~_O

Eat the cake.

Follow crits, and try redoing the model. Start with a human.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1: biggest evoh edvice i could give. TUTORIALS

jes, you hardy know the basics on how modeling works, i honestly think you should look up some basic character modeling tutorials, they make life alot easyer, and talk you through the basics and advanced stuff, such as box modeling, (not lots of box's, a box where you extrude sides over and over to create a model) and pbp :O

you wanna learn good and proper, start with this you'll be capable of doing a better manny than there is in that pic in no time =)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SHIJING! Bake this nice boy some cake!

Anyway, holy crap that's high-poly. I couldn't even recognize what it was until someone said that its a torso. My advice? flatshade, flip polys, and delete overlapping ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your trying to stick a flat side to another, save yourself some time, select the faces, click extrude, drag across, done ;O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Best advice there is shijings tut, not only do you get to learn about the program, but u get to look at "tatties" while you do so! :p
anyway, fortnox m8, if you need any help or whatever, just get on msn and gimmeh a shout.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a good tut. Nookie
U can learn good stuff from there Forty
so surf a little and find what u need

Best answers
try rounding them in the side view, the box look isnt working. You cant just model in the front view you know :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom