making my own changes

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hey everbody ... first off i will start out by saying i have NO CODEING expernece at all BUT im great with computers but anyways i ihave ecx1.2 with the latest addons for it but im wondering how can i improve the characters what i would like to do is mabey make my own sounds for the characters so how would i go about doing this????? is it as simple ass getting the audio and riping it and just puting it into a folder .. i would like to do audio so anyhelp will be GREATLY thankfull

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to create audio or just add in audio already made by other people?

If you're talking about creating audio...

Custom Audio:
Like you said, it's as simple as finding the audio you want, ripping it, and adding it into a folder. So for example, lets say you rip an audio file and you want to use it as Goku's Kamehameha sound, you'd simply have to go to the ESF folder that contains Goku's Kamehameha sound, rename your file so it has the same name as the Kamehameha file, and then replace the file in the folder with your sound file. Next time you start up the game, your sound will be played.

Sprites
If you're interesting in creating sprites, know that it takes skill and practice. Read over this thread if you want to learn more about creating sprites. After your sprite is created, it's just a matter of replacing a sprite in the ESF sprite folder with the sprite you've made.

Mapping
Mapping takes a lot of skill and practice. Check out this thread for some information, or use google to get some more info.

Animating
Again, this takes skill. I couldn't find a tutorial thread for this on the forums, but use google if you're interested, I'm sure there are a lot of tutorials out there.

Models / Skins
Again, this takes a lot of skill and practice. Check out this thread for some information, or use google to get some more info.

Coding
In order to make changes on the coding front, you'd have to do it through amxx. That means you're going to need to learn how to code in Pawn. Sounds challenging, but Pawn is actually a relatively easy language comparatively speaking.

If you're talking about adding in stuff already made by other people, you'd have to wait until ESF-World is back up which should be in another month or two. And that's just a matter of downloading a file and replacing the file in the ESF folder with the file you downloaded.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wow thanks but what i wana do is make my own audio and put it in so any tips for it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sooo i just got done eddting my sound for picciclo and i did just what u said but when i do the move theres so sound ???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sooo i just got done eddting my sound for picciclo and i did just what u said but when i do the move theres so sound ???
It has the be the proper format, and I'm not talking about just the file type...

If I could only remember what it had to be... BUt that's why it isnt playing. I'm sure someone will respond with that it needs to be.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF only supports 22KHz wma files that are MONO. No STEREO sound.

OFcourse 1.3 will support preety much all sound formats including MP3 ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never knew that, I thought it supported most sound files.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
WOOT i got tit lol man custom audio kicks but much better

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok everone so i decided that i want to kinda make my own character but i have no modeling expernece but i have read the help guid but i was wondering can i edit and play around with lets say the ecx nappa model or what ever other one what are some fun and cool things i can do with models some tips would be fantastic
thanks

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can use the default ESF models and give credits to the team when you release.

But the ECX models are mostly gathered comunity work. So youll have to search for the person who made the model and ask him if you can edit it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
okk

thanks ill just use the esf defaults but there whats a great andEASY program 2 use als can i use esf 1.3 models sprits ect in ecx or are they coded only 4 esf 1,3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom