Making babidi map

Best answers
Well i think cold steel has taken a break from the babidi map, and i was really looking forward to it. So i thought, ill have a go at it myself. Atm, ive constructed three rooms from the babidi ship and they look real close to the ones in the show.

I also plan on making teleport buttons on each of the rooms, and this is where i need some feedback.

I figured one of the teleports takes you to a planet in outer space. i think ill add in some stronger gravity effects on that one... but where should the other 2 teleports take u? (im looking for some original and cool ideas :cool:)

oh and btw, ill post some pics of the map real soon

Back From The Dead
Best answers
i gotta say that sounds good. can you go outside of the ship?
and for your idea how bout teleport to where babidi keeps the Buu ball while its gaining energy from the fight between Goku and Majin Vegeta. or some sort of cave?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, can't think of anything yourself huh!? :p Don't worry about it, i wish you the best of luck with it. One thing though, you should post some pics before starting a thread. Some mods are not very fond of these threads.

Best answers
i recon you should go to that pitch black place that would be kewel

and mabey underwater :confused:

Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
i gotta say that sounds good. can you go outside of the ship?
and for your idea how bout teleport to where babidi keeps the Buu ball while its gaining energy from the fight between Goku and Majin Vegeta. or some sort of cave?
yes you can go outside of the ship, and i can't remember what that place looks like... but an underground cave sounds pretty cool!

cold steel said:
Hehe, can't think of anything yourself huh!? :p Don't worry about it, i wish you the best of luck with it. One thing though, you should post some pics before starting a thread. Some mods are not very fond of these threads.
haha you're so right! my bwain hurts when i think too hard :laff:
ok, heres a pic http://www.freewebs.com/scavenger/esf_babidi1.jpg (might have to copy into navigator bar)
the double doors open and close when u come near

Magmus said:
i recon you should go to that pitch black place that would be kewel

and mabey underwater :confused:
well i dunno about pitch black, but underwater sounds like fun

also.. what should i call the map? esf_babidi_ship would just make me feel even more like im stealing someone elses map :scared:

Best answers
well how about a mini tourement bit for a teleport where goku vs majin vegeta just a desert place, stronger gravity and a big pink cave with buus egg in the middle :laff:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, those lights wheren't there in the show, just bind an entity tot the room and make it look like it's coming from the hole. As for the rest, we need more progress for any other critz, nice going :)

As for the name. ehm, esf_majin_lair ?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ESF_Majin_Lair sounds ok, personally i dont think it would be good to have 2 identical maps, but by all means, try it :)

Best answers
Heres some reference pics for outside of the ship if you want them.

A view of the area around the ship

Close up of the ship

Looking from the rocks where everyone was stood.

Inside the ship

Krillian stoned

Edit: why don't the links show up as pics?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck mapping that ship (and making it look good). You are going to need it :]

Back From The Dead
Best answers
cause you can go outside you should try and put a stone Piccolo and Krillin on the rocks.
*EDIT*
how bout you name the map, ScavengeR_babidi_ship?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
cause you can go outside you should try and put a stone Piccolo and Krillin on the rocks.
*EDIT*
how bout you name the map, ScavengeR_babidi_ship?
Unless he can model, I would highly doubt he'd waste his time on a stone person. It just wouldn't look good if made by hammer.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be silly if you play with piccolo or krillin.

Back From The Dead
Best answers
yer i guess your right.
how bout that room that Babidi changed to look like a planet?

Best answers
Thanx Detonator, those pics really help. Now i don't have to make things up as i go along :laff:

once im done with outside terrain, ill post some more pics and then i can start with the teleportation locations.

Yeah esf_majin_lair sounds pretty good, i think ill go with that.
About those lights.. i don't like them either but i want some lighting for realism.
ill have them changed and make them look a bit better

Back From The Dead
Best answers
are you making it levels? like in the show.
if so what about making it so you can blast the floor door and go to the next level?

Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
are you making it levels? like in the show.
if so what about making it so you can blast the floor door and go to the next level?
They didn't blast the doors. The doors opened once they had defeated their opponent on that level. So maybe just a button to open the door, then the door is there all the time.

Back From The Dead
Best answers
well you know how Vegeta wanted to blast the doors? well know you could.
these are just suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom