Making a Server through a router.......

Best answers
It seems everytime i connected through the router i can't connected to other server or ppl can't connect to mine.....

i heard someone mentioning about adding port 27015 into my router settings through internet explorer...

can someone please tell me how to do this becuase i have 5 comps online.....

4 on the router and 1 on the hub... but i wanted two comps able to play esf instead of one so yea. (don't wanna share with my little bro = P)

my routor is smc network smc7004vbr (that what it say on my cd, didn't check my router or the manuel, got lazy = P)

if you needed anymore info please tell me and help me out thanks :)

Best answers
i have the same probam with my routher i worked a year and still no go mines a linksys befsr41hoked up 2 3 comp

Best answers
if anyone knows how to fix this problem of mine please help me out.

thanks for any support you can give me = )

Best answers
Turn off DMZ host to the server, Forward UDP ports 27000 - 27020 and host on 27015 or some address between those. It doesn't seem logical to work but It fixed my problem. At least for linux. This is for linksys router.

Best answers
Goto gamespy arcade website not sure what it is called and look through the forums there, Its really hard to under stand what they mean but ehh I got mine workin for awhile then an attacker attacked my computer so I was forced to turn the firewall back on.

Best answers
Well, I have no idea what ind of connection you have, however I assume it's like ours, it was said to me that the easy way to do that would be to ..... Type your GATEWAY .. into the address bar of IE explorer ... (the part where you put in URLs) .. this is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.0 , after that it may ask you for a user name and password, if you haven't changed any thing then admin admin might work It should be in your BOOK .. you want to look for an option called PORT FORWARDING ..

Oh and P.S. If you want an intelligent answer next time, please pose an intelligent question, U, UR,PPL, 4,2 and the such Are NOT words ... after all if I'm going to take time to help you .. for free, then at-least you should take the time to make it easy for my to understand your question .. unless every one Else BUT me was sent a magic secret decoder-ring in the mail and or cereal box .. And No, I'm not yelling at you, I'm simply using caps to get your attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom