M1A1 Thompson WIP

Best answers
Elo all, some might remember I posted a weapon model of a M1 Garand and well failed =/

But here I am again with this model, an M1A1 Thompson. Although its not done any feedback etc would be great.

Oh and I blame Dave for this topic, told me to post here.

This is my 1st ever full model to have almost done lol.

Thanks for your time.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
\o yuses its a nice gun, meh thinks the only thing left to do is skin it >;D I cant wait to see what it'd be like then. Are you gonna put this in any game? or is it jus for fun/college ?

Best answers
Skin it! you mad! lol i've got detail to add yet :p

Its just for a college project, and for the fun of it. World War 2's a huge intrest so its always good to do something like this.

Best answers
Bumping up an old model topic of mine with an update.

Im still new to this so i'd like to ask the best way to skin on metal, if anyone knows etc. Thanks for any help or feedback you may have.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why does it say final build if your still working on it? =/

(on the first pic i mean).

on this latest one, the wood texture could use some work. maybe a bump map, or some sheen to it, since most stocks are polished to resist rain.

Best answers
Lol I meant final modeling build, I get what I mean :p Sorry about that didn't mean to confuse people.

Just seen your edit, ah yeah the polish. I didn't even think about that, the wood was temp anyways so i'll see what I can do there. Im not sure how to do bump stuff, so i'll have to learn that too.

I really am new to all this lol.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice work man, i just think you should use the same wood texture on the other parts, it looks awesome on the stock but the handle and the grip at the front dont look right... when are joo gonna get round to skinning the metal >_>? cuz thats gonna be teh hard part =P

Best answers
I know about the wood, but from the pic it was like that. But then again the wood is temp anywhos.

The metal, i'll do it once I know how lol which means i'll have to learn more about skinning as I know nothing :p. Geting the wood on there was just trial and error, seemed to work though.

Pic im working from btw :

Best answers
Thanks Mad, that links alot of help in terms of knowing what to do.

I'd post it up, but im changing it anyways so i'd be a waste of your time mate. Give me a shout on msn sometime though, im going to start working on this again soon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if you post it now anyway, it doesnt matter if your gonna start again, itll just give you an idea of what to do (thats all i was gonna do anyway, not actually do it for you ;))

Best answers
Lol I know mate, just didn't want you wasting your time. I thought it might have put you out if I changed it anyways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i cant make you post it. im just bored =P and its not putting someone out if they are offering =]

besides, i need to keep working on my texturing anyway.

Best answers
Ok mate, i'll see when I can post it.

Just trying to get the last of my college work done =/ sigh

Edit: I know about useing a photo for the wood, although I didn't use that photo at all. I find a site with textures and used them, then edited them in PS. If I could I would of made the wood, but again..no idea how lol I'll get looking around the net.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, sometimes nothing beats sitting with a picture, and just trying to copy it hehe. ive recently started playing with the opacity on my brushes. also, changing the brush hardness makes a big difference =]

Best answers
What with you and cell shading -.-. Its looking good danny! I hope you learn how to skin metal, id love to see it nicely dont ^____^.

Best answers
Thanks for the replys, im just on msn with Mad geting help with UV'ing etc.

So i'll start work on it tomorrow now me thinks. And cell shading? lol didn't think that'd work on a WW2 weapon, would be fun to do though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom