Lost Cell-Phone project

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn....-project-and-the-dark-things-it-says-about-us

Symantec researchers intentionally lost 50 smartphones in cities around the U.S. and in Canada. They were left on newspaper boxes, park benches, elevators and other places that passers-by would quickly spot them. But these weren't just any phones -- they were loaded with tracking and logging software so Symantec employees could physically track them and keep track of everything the finders did with the gadgets.

Symantec Corp.

Symantec Corp. researchers left this cell phone on a newspaper box in New York City -- then used logging software and GPS to watch what happened next.

To spice up the test, the phones had an obvious file named "contacts," making it easy for any finder to connect with the phone's rightful owner. But the phones also offered tempting files, with names like "banking information," and "HR files."

Some 43 percent of finders clicked on an app labeled "online banking." And 53 percent clicked on a filed named "HR salaries." A file named "saved passwords" was opened by 57 percent of finders. Social networking tools and personal e-mail were checked by 60 percent. And a folder labeled "private photos" tempted 72 percent.

Collectively, 89 percent of finders clicked on something they probably shouldn't have.

Meanwhile, only 50 percent of finders offered to return the gadgets, even though the owner’s name was listed clearly within the contacts file.
Hell, I'm impressed by 50% trying to return it.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd return it as well if the phone was suspicios.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
But how would you know when one is suspicious.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just would.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gear adrift is a gift. Don't lose your ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom