Looks like I did this one too. First models ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
I Just couldent resist to post ^^

Ontopic : Gokussj this model is briliantly Constructed, im lookin forward to see more of your amazing skills :) keep up the amazing work. :)
Offtopic:
First of all Madaxman dont act like a man who knows everything, I know you want to share with your knowledge but acting in a Sarcastic way will not help in anything.
You leaved your opinion about that Edges but you should end on that. Dont tell him that his mesh is a mess( which is not). He's mesh is beutifull and clean, and you should see that. You dont see the Good point's of this thread and Gokussj idea by posting it. Its he s second model and giving him offending crits will not help in Anything. He did an awsome job by makin that alien model, and its briliantly constructed. Its a succes that he made it by 5 days of practice .Only you try to find negative things in every threads, you r lookin for chances to find other ppl mistakes :) thats weird dude, think about that.And saying that you give him crits its a excuse for kids. :)But Gokussj want s to keep this closed so take my post personaly ^^ .

Wow, if ignorance is bliss everyday must be near orgasmic for you.

First of all, the model isn't brillantly constructed. The flow is quite sloppy and could be loads better. Secondly, The layout looks as if it wasn't thought out at all just as Axman said. He said nothing offensive or in an offensive manner.
Believe me he can be pretty mean with his critiques. Finally, don't act like you're some professional modeler who knows everything. We've all seen your work and know it to not be true.

SA_Gohan said:
but sugar coating everything by saying that its a wonderfully fantastic model hurts way more than it helps.
Exactly! You beat me to that one :p

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
I Just couldent resist to post ^^

Ontopic : Gokussj this model is briliantly Constructed, im lookin forward to see more of your amazing skills :) keep up the amazing work. :)
Offtopic:
First of all Madaxman dont act like a man who knows everything, I know you want to share with your knowledge but acting in a Sarcastic way will not help in anything.
You leaved your opinion about that Edges but you should end on that. Dont tell him that his mesh is a mess( which is not). He's mesh is beutifull and clean, and you should see that. You dont see the Good point's of this thread and Gokussj idea by posting it. Its he s second model and giving him offending crits will not help in Anything. He did an awsome job by makin that alien model, and its briliantly constructed. Its a succes that he made it by 5 days of practice .Only you try to find negative things in every threads, you r lookin for chances to find other ppl mistakes :) thats weird dude, think about that.And saying that you give him crits its a excuse for kids. :)But Gokussj want s to keep this closed so take my post personaly ^^ .
Was this neccesary? Taking personal arguments to a totally unrelated topic is retarded.

On topic: I like the model, but something bugs me.
The eye sockets are too defined imo.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
oh, so you completely ignored the head then? look at the top ridge on the eyes, the cheeks. theres verticies in there which arent connected for sure. how else would you get a curved edge?
offtopic: I will have to admit, in the zoomed out wireframe version of the image, I had not noticed the polygons' (above the eyes) slight bend in the middle, increasing its number of sides. However, I was merely looking at the wireframe image as the rendered images did in fact appear to have been smoothed by the program, as opposed to the user. The later image of the zoomed in head shows the polygons in question much more clearly. So I'd like to apologize for my ignorance, or rather, combination ignorance/unknowing, from earlier.
/me Pats AxMan
You've got better eyes for this than I, for sure.

ontopic: You're still working on the models, right? In my (little) experience as a pen/paper artist, I'd like to point out this saying: One never gets worse... Only lazy.

Best answers
Let’s take this awful argue away. I come here for criticisms not bad words so post constructive words if you do.

Thanks for that, but they are right. If they will give me good criticisms I’m going to keep this style of modeling, so I will follow the wrong way. If they will give me good criticisms then I will follow the good one But also some of them can give me bad criticisms or wait the opportunity to do that, so I will follow the same bad road. Even if the good always win at the end in the movies in the real life there are two ways to bad and only one way that leads to good. That’s why some times I don’t listen to one or two peoples (even if they pretend they are the AS kings). But if more people say the same thing then they are right so I know what road to follow.

But also I always listen to constructive words not like your model is a mess (after putting so many effort at it by knowing that was my first one. Now Mad_Axman (angel of one wing) you made me say this but I saw some of your models, how they are put together, but I never replied coz I didn’t wanted to ruin your proud as time I didn’t know how to make you improve your work.

peace

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
Let’s take this awful argue away. I come here for criticisms not bad words so post constructive words if you do.

Thanks for that, but they are right. If they will give me good criticisms I’m going to keep this style of modeling, so I will follow the wrong way. If they will give me good criticisms then I will follow the good one But also some of them can give me bad criticisms or wait the opportunity to do that, so I will follow the same bad road. Even if the good always win at the end in the movies in the real life there are two ways to bad and only one way that leads to good. That’s why some times I don’t listen to one or two peoples (even if they pretend they are the AS kings). But if more people say the same thing then they are right so I know what road to follow.

But also I always listen to constructive words not like your model is a mess (after putting so many effort at it by knowing that was my first one. Now Mad_Axman (angel of one wing) you made me say this but I saw some of your models, how they are put together, but I never replied coz I didn’t wanted to ruin your proud as time I didn’t know how to make you improve your work.

peace

LOL. I'd have expected better from a leader of a dbz mod. How about posting this model for D2 or DS to critique, and yes, even your own team members will say the same things as us... will you be mad at them as well?

I used to be the same way man... you can look at all the tutorials in the world, but if you're lacking experience, it's best to listen to others who are more... you know... experienced.

I suck at modeling, but when I first saw that cage, even I thought it was a bit rough. Keep at it man, that was an excellent first attempt.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:

peace
hehehe... i reckon you should take a look at http://boards.polycount.net/ maybe if you dont listen to people here, you'll listen to them. Man, if you wanna completely ignore the fundamentals and most important parts of modeling then go for it, just remember you'll always have messy inaccurate meshes. Its the truth, if you dont wanna believe that, fine, but this is comming from people who've been doing this for years, they've seen people like you come and go and disapear, or see the error in their ways.

I'd suggest that you listen to what axeman says, this is my first model in max, and i only used axemans tut as a guide http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/ryuness.jpg as far as i know there arent any bent edges, or polies with more than 4 sides on there, and its pretty accurate (i hope :p) plus i spent hours working on the poly flow

Personally i see it a little arrogant that you can post your first models and then ignore the much more experienced modelers for criticisms. Some of them even on the proffessional level. Heh, its funny to watch you dig this hole.

Best answers
You have eyes to see but not mind to think. What I tried to say is that I agree with you. I'm no modeler, not yet. Still have a long road to follow till then, so I listen to others crits and I'm fully agree with you here.
But I don't listen to one or two perssons as time I don't know with what this thing eats. And when I said I come for crits not for bad words then you need to understand that I come for helping crits not like you stuff is a mess without a good explanation.
And if you think I come here only to show my work then your wrong. If I was doing that then I was showing my other works as well. But I don't coz UT has nothing to do with HL so you can't crit my work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_<

not even my models get such a high post count in my threads...lol

To take no critsm is a disrespection to all modlers and the one who dont take critms to his heart is a selfloved wanna be modler.

well k back to topic: look at some other models and try to get the anatomy. For first its kinda good but still.. try to get more defination to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
You have eyes to see but not mind to think. What I tried to say is that I agree with you. I'm no modeler, not yet. Still have a long road to follow till then, so I listen to others crits and I'm fully agree with you here.
But I don't listen to one or two perssons as time I don't know with what this thing eats. And when I said I come for crits not for bad words then you need to understand that I come for helping crits not like you stuff is a mess without a good explanation.
Tell me where exactly i didnt explain why your mesh is bad? and tell me where exactly, i didnt say how to fix it.

And if you think I come here only to show my work then your wrong. If I was doing that then I was showing my other works as well. But I don't coz UT has nothing to do with HL so you can't crit my work.
there are very few people who post here, in fact, only 1 springs instantly to mind, who i would never comment on their work. and i would expect everyone to say what they like/dislike about mine, and what to fix, sometimes not even HOW to fix it, just WHAT to fix.

go look up the word critique/criticism, and realise what a fool youve just made of yourself.

if you expect to post here without anyone saying anything, then dont bother posting at all, this is a forum for criticism, where one can gain a better understanding of their work, and how to further themselves. and your one of a few people who dont seem to realise that.

if you arent willing to accept the criticism offered, thats fine, but dont post snide comments about how "im not listening cos your being mean ;_; poor me..." no ones trying to be mean or insulting, your just choosing to take their comments that way. YOUR the one making it personal.

and to be perfectly blunt, this forum is probably the kindest on the net as far as true criticism goes.

as for the last point, your right hl has nothing to do with unreal, but that doesnt mean we cant criticise your work. you think everyone here works only on HL? your joking right? ive worked on the unreal engine many many times, and i know fully well how it works, and what its capable of. just the same as ive worked with HL, Q3, and JA. youll find that the only differences, lie in the cosmetics of the engines. the basis of how models work within an engine is vertually identical all round.

Best answers
I would start listening to the people on this forum who have been doing it. Some here may even make it their jobs. They are trying to show you the basic fundamentals of modeling and if your were really open to learning like you say you are, you would listen.

Please use better English skills. It helps us understand what you are saying.

Best answers
I'm I the only one to see the true meaning of all this? yes? THIS is the next DBZ movie Dragon Ball Z:frezia's brother from another mother :p

I know this is quite offtopic but I thought this thread needed a good joke so I posted a bad one instead

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks man. try to keep on topic though :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:

Thanks for that, but they are right. If they will give me good criticisms I’m going to keep this style of modeling,

your practicly saying: i come here to hear all good coments, and you wil keep doing this style if you get them.

Dude for the love of god manlets start shall we :
A)your a noob modeler.
B)not all crits will be good (80% is always bad) becouse the creator will never see any flaw in his own work (this is called ego).
C) dont think you know all about modeling just becouse you know a few things , the stuff everyone is telling you is here to help.
D) if you are not prepared to take on comments from us good or bad dont post we are all here to help one and other
E)
You have eyes to see but not mind to think
if you would have a decent mind you would know its "NO mind to think"
F)in my opinion the alian looks like 1 big desturction the gohan doesnt look so bad on the other hand

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
thanks man. try to keep on topic though :yes:
true but I can't myself see a problem with the model but I've no modeling skill in me but I don't know but the whole point of a model is if it looks good or not which is up to each person to decide (to each his own etc)

but really i do like the model and again ET would be proud to call it his second cousin twice removed(again another bad joke but needed more so)

Best answers
Desmond Tiny said:
but the whole point of a model is if it looks good or not which is up to each person to decide (to each his own etc)

Wrong.

Good model:
A model with good polyflow, and good constructure, which is in many ways not for each individual to decide, but to the people who have alot of experience in these areas.

Bad model:
Model which has the opposite of good model.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on guys. Cut the arguement. I can only see the first picture of the gohan model, so sorry if a crit I say has been fixed. First, I'd like to say, try not to use the anime skins when you work on the model. Use them after. It's pretty hard for me to judge the head. The hair looks weird since it's not finished, but this is a good attempt for a first try. :yes:

Best answers
Desmond, I did not know that modeling applied to communism :p It is more implementing your style rather then deciding your on work looks good. You come for critiques to revise yr style etc. Much like revising poetry or writing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, enough badgering, im sure hes learned his lesson and he will either be more accepting toward criticism, or just wont post anymore. so lets get back on topic, and crit his model, instead of how he deals with crits :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom